Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 95040 times)

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
  • ✭ 𝓡𝓮𝓫𝓮𝓵 𝓨𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓘𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓷𝓼𝓲𝓯𝓲𝓮𝓼 ✭
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #180 on: March 29, 2014, 10:14:14 pm »
Suggestion:

Please fix the floating heads and invisible-in-existent neck meshes. To be perfectly honest it should have been one of the first things to do during the 2 years of development but I'm a patient man.

Thank you.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #181 on: March 29, 2014, 10:32:36 pm »
Suggestion:

Please fix the floating heads and invisible-in-existent neck meshes. To be perfectly honest it should have been one of the first things to do during the 2 years of development but I'm a patient man.

Thank you.

It's pretty hard to fix necks. If one wants to edit the head mesh itself then each frame of the  head needs to be changed (there are 20+ frames). And changes to the tunics can make the uniform look dodgy around the neck area.
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline arrowkid

• Volunteer
  • AZW admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 29, 2014, 10:55:34 pm »
I really dont want this to be lost amongst 1000 random useless suggestions in the official thread. I just want to say its a big shame that the surrender animation/chant was left out of the mod. It is hardly a big thing to do, to have kept it in. and if it is a case of needing a free key, well i would give up the fix bayonet or somethign like that for the surrender animation anyday.

It just kills off most of the light hearted fun and role play that you can have on nw servers, and it is such a shame.
I know people will say oh well its not supposed to be like nw, but thats not the point.
Not everybody just wants to go on a server to kill and shoot, many people like to come on with their friends, roleplay and things like that. That is what made NW so popular, as appose to warband where it just is really about killing.

Really hope the devs will put back in the surrender animation on the next patch. I know i am not the only one saying this, but it really does take away a lot of fun.

Posting this here for the records...

Adding an alternative "surrender" animation would be an idea.

well it seems 6 weeks on, the mod absolutly dead, they bring out a patch and guess what they lazily do not bother to add what was the very first suggestion

now i have zero sympathy for the IE team, and will not play or support the game anymore, there is no excuse for such laziness
what iron europe needs:
more animations . louder longer whistles. motorbikes (simply retexture boats, add sound and make them useable on ground, easy to do). spawns fixed. less range on the sniper rifle . less accuracy on pistol . more factions.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #183 on: March 29, 2014, 10:58:25 pm »
I really dont want this to be lost amongst 1000 random useless suggestions in the official thread. I just want to say its a big shame that the surrender animation/chant was left out of the mod. It is hardly a big thing to do, to have kept it in. and if it is a case of needing a free key, well i would give up the fix bayonet or somethign like that for the surrender animation anyday.

It just kills off most of the light hearted fun and role play that you can have on nw servers, and it is such a shame.
I know people will say oh well its not supposed to be like nw, but thats not the point.
Not everybody just wants to go on a server to kill and shoot, many people like to come on with their friends, roleplay and things like that. That is what made NW so popular, as appose to warband where it just is really about killing.

Really hope the devs will put back in the surrender animation on the next patch. I know i am not the only one saying this, but it really does take away a lot of fun.

Posting this here for the records...

Adding an alternative "surrender" animation would be an idea.

well it seems 6 weeks on, the mod absolutly dead, they bring out a patch and guess what they lazily do not bother to add what was the very first suggestion

now i have zero sympathy for the IE team, and will not play or support the game anymore, there is no excuse for such laziness
Sorry, but, seriously?

It would be nice to have a surrender button, but did you consider the possibility that they didn't think the surrender button is really all that important compared to making it more playable?
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline arrowkid

• Volunteer
  • AZW admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 29, 2014, 11:03:35 pm »
re-using the surrender is as easy as pie, anyone with basic modding skills, which i assume the IE team have, can put it in within seconds

the surrender animation adds a big depth to the game, and makes it fun to play with friends rather than just kill like any old shoot em up game,  and it seems that the IE team do not give a rats ass about what we the players want
what iron europe needs:
more animations . louder longer whistles. motorbikes (simply retexture boats, add sound and make them useable on ground, easy to do). spawns fixed. less range on the sniper rifle . less accuracy on pistol . more factions.

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 29, 2014, 11:08:37 pm »
Suggestion:

Thank you.

It's pretty hard to fix necks. If one wants to edit the head mesh itself then each frame of the  head needs to be changed (there are 20+ frames). And changes to the tunics can make the uniform look dodgy around the neck area.

Well you managed to make a longer neck for your British Naval Brigade uniform in Blood and Iron so it's possible but I'm not sure why it wasn't thought of when making all the large meshes for the uniforms for the Germans. Surely some of the Beta testers must have pointed it out seeing as there's been about three patches but no change, adding new uniforms and such but not completing a neck. To me having an invisible neck would be like having invisible hands, it'd ruin the feel and the look of the game, you can make a uniform as fancy and good looking as you want but if the body doesn't fit, it just doesn't look right.

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #186 on: March 29, 2014, 11:10:35 pm »
That neck is part of the osp head mod that B&I uses :P And there are other issues that crop with using those heads, such as the opposite of the problem with IE (the necks are too long).
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 29, 2014, 11:15:38 pm »
re-using the surrender is as easy as pie, anyone with basic modding skills, which i assume the IE team have, can put it in within seconds

the surrender animation adds a big depth to the game, and makes it fun to play with friends rather than just kill like any old shoot em up game,  and it seems that the IE team do not give a rats ass about what we the players want

Starting to think you are a troll... They fix all the bugs suggested that need thinking, they produce completely new models and they even add entirely new animations to make things look better! To say they are lazy is bull! Not only this but it is their game! People like you don't deserve to play their game because of how ignorant you are about people you have never met. Also do you know how hard it is to code an entirely new key into the game? What would happen to the bayonet button then?

Offline MadManYo

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MadManYo
« Reply #188 on: March 29, 2014, 11:22:27 pm »
Have you thought of making a standalone game with this theme

Offline Googly

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 29, 2014, 11:51:48 pm »
That neck is part of the osp head mod that B&I uses :P And there are other issues that crop with using those heads, such as the opposite of the problem with IE (the necks are too long).

Well couldn't IE use the same thing? And well it's better to get the issues dealt with now than to add the British faction and Russian etc in future, eventually having even more necks to edit is it not?  :P

Offline Parrot

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
« Reply #190 on: March 30, 2014, 12:37:20 am »

Well couldn't IE use the same thing? And well it's better to get the issues dealt with now than to add the British faction and Russian etc in future, eventually having even more necks to edit is it not?  :P

That's true. I personally love those female heads, but at the end of the day it's up to the devs. And that's what this thread is for ;D I'd like to suggest that those "better heads" osps are considered for the next update as well.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #191 on: March 30, 2014, 05:57:18 am »

You are such a pathetic person it's actually quite impressive. Your first day on this forum has been mostly spent to cry about the lack of the almighty surrender animation and insult the team. Let me remind you that this mod is the product of a team giving up thousands of hours of free time to create a mod solely for the enjoyment of the community. I seriously find it hard to believe that you even dare to call the team lazy and inconsiderate. You don't have a single clue how modding works, don't pretend to know how much skill and how much time it takes to add something in. The main point is that there are far more important things for the team to be working on. The fact that you're crying so hard over such an unimportant feature that adds practically nothing to the mod is mind boggling. It pisses me off even more that you call yourself a supporter of the mod in the past and yet let your image of the entire mod be tarnished by the lack of a single animation. Grow up, or just see how far that sort of pettiness will get you in life.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 05:59:12 am by Rigadoon »

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2014, 06:00:04 am »
This is why you don't demand one simple feature, the surrender animation can wait.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline arrowkid

• Volunteer
  • AZW admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2014, 08:16:29 am »

You are such a pathetic person it's actually quite impressive. Your first day on this forum has been mostly spent to cry about the lack of the almighty surrender animation and insult the team. Let me remind you that this mod is the product of a team giving up thousands of hours of free time to create a mod solely for the enjoyment of the community. I seriously find it hard to believe that you even dare to call the team lazy and inconsiderate. You don't have a single clue how modding works, don't pretend to know how much skill and how much time it takes to add something in. The main point is that there are far more important things for the team to be working on. The fact that you're crying so hard over such an unimportant feature that adds practically nothing to the mod is mind boggling. It pisses me off even more that you call yourself a supporter of the mod in the past and yet let your image of the entire mod be tarnished by the lack of a single animation. Grow up, or just see how far that sort of pettiness will get you in life.

Im pathetic? hey your one of the devs who worked for two years on a mod that was dead within two weeks

And yes including surrender is THAT easy.

I am a modder myself, and when you mod NW, the surrender animation is included,  so it is harder to NOT have it in than to have it in, as to not have it in you are physically removing or replacing it.

To put it back in is simply a case of copy paste the script back in and re-adding the anim_surrender, it IS that simple.
Any rookie to modding can do that within minutes.
what iron europe needs:

Offline Derpingtonpryce

• Sergeant
  • For Queen and Country
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sgt_Windridge
« Reply #194 on: March 30, 2014, 10:18:49 am »

Im pathetic? hey your one of the devs who worked for two years on a mod that was dead within two weeks

And yes including surrender is THAT easy.

I am a modder myself, and when you mod NW, the surrender animation is included,  so it is harder to NOT have it in than to have it in, as to not have it in you are physically removing or replacing it.

To put it back in is simply a case of copy paste the script back in and re-adding the anim_surrender, it IS that simple.
Any rookie to modding can do that within minutes.

I'd stop now if I were you, who's to say they weren't already planning to add it in the next update? Can't you just wait, or do you just love surrendering instead of actually playing?

Oh and you're also filling my inbox with notifications.