Author Topic: Suggestions  (Read 94869 times)

Offline Colbac

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 24th[LtCol]_Colbac
  • Side: Union
Re: Suggestions
« Reply #165 on: March 03, 2014, 01:48:46 pm »
Smoke screens probably wouldn't work. You can turn off particles in the settings.

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2014, 12:43:15 am »
Smoke screens probably wouldn't work. You can turn off particles in the settings.
They changed it in NW so that you can only reduce the particle quality.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2014, 12:21:08 pm »
They changed it in NW so that you can only reduce the particle quality.
Then again, we have already enough smoke flying around, would cause more stress on the server, if not fps too.
The first modder for NW.

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #168 on: March 07, 2014, 11:34:56 am »
AP mines for the engineer class and grenades which disappear after exploding. Maybe the engineers should be able to build stuff like bunkers or watchtowers like in ww2 china battlefield mod? There you can even make different sandbag fortifications out of what fits you best.

Also, is there a chance to see flammenwerfers and rifle grenades?

Offline Parrot

• Donator
  • Lieutenant Colonel - Equestrian Foreign Legion
    • View Profile
    • EQFL Homepage
  • Nick: ExParrot
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #169 on: March 07, 2014, 12:18:23 pm »
Also, is there a chance to see flammenwerfers and rifle grenades?

If smoke bombs and screens would cause a drop in FPS, then imagine what Flammenwerfers would do ;D
Check out mods I've worked on: Blood and Iron: Age of Imperialism, and North and South!

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
  • Royal Engineers Commander and IE Dev
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 07, 2014, 03:30:20 pm »
I wonder if it would be possible to add gas attacks to this game? But that is just a minor thing what I truly care about is the arty! I think the arty aiming system is fine at the moment and people just need to get used to it. (You learn that you can use the crosshair and put it on the arty site to aim for distance. It is what I do and can hit anywhere perfectly after 1-3 shots. I've even taken out entire trenches with it.) But I find it hard to train my skills on arty unless I am in my own custom server. Many of the maps have one arty peace for then entire field and I just want to sit back and fire across the field to make a good effect for people running forward. Due to this I feel pressured to just use mortar (which are find to use and I enjoy using them) but I would love to do arty more as I will be doing that within my regiment. Also I was talking to my regiment and we agree (with what i have seen in this thread) that wire cutters for the sapper would be a big plus! Also maybe some more things for the sapper to set up machine gun positions or better defences other than barbed wire?

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 10, 2014, 04:28:37 pm »
Will it be possible in the future to remove the progress bar or decrease the general delay of getting on and operating artillery pieces and machine guns?

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #172 on: March 13, 2014, 01:00:48 am »
For any texturers/modellers out there, this guy has a very impressive WWI collection.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603972
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline Rigadoon

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Rigadoon
« Reply #173 on: March 13, 2014, 01:40:51 am »
Sweet, that'll definitely come in handy. Let me know if you find anymore collections.

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 16, 2014, 05:36:55 pm »
For any texturers/modellers out there, this guy has a very impressive WWI collection.

http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=603972

That website is very good as I use it a lot to learn about different military gear and to compare my collection. Although my ww1 collection is only medals... Would love to do ww1 but don't have time and money.

Offline Jack

• First Lieutenant
  • Honneur et Fidélité
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2014, 01:13:04 am »
I don't know if it was already posted but cavalry is missing :)
"For fangs I may have none but I have mind and it is sharper than any tooth."

Offline lolman1c

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2014, 03:32:43 pm »

They said they won't add them right now as they weren't primary used in the time period this mod was set in by the German or French. Yes there was the odd one or two battles in the later war but they arn't important enough to put above current work. I believe they might add them in the British patch as they had more use there. Also I would like to see them at least added to the Russian Eastern front as that war was more mobile than trench warfare.

Offline Cacha

• Private
  • War of 1812 Mod ~ Sound Manager
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AndreCachsson
« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2014, 03:36:50 pm »
Making the bots fire and aim better

Offline Jack

• First Lieutenant
  • Honneur et Fidélité
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2014, 06:55:20 pm »

They said they won't add them right now as they weren't primary used in the time period this mod was set in by the German or French. Yes there was the odd one or two battles in the later war but they arn't important enough to put above current work. I believe they might add them in the British patch as they had more use there. Also I would like to see them at least added to the Russian Eastern front as that war was more mobile than trench warfare.

It makes sense to me, would be cool though. Maybe it could work if it's combined with class limitations?
"For fangs I may have none but I have mind and it is sharper than any tooth."

Offline Muddy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 24, 2014, 05:06:12 am »
1.The barb wire props need their hit box lowered considerably. A lot of people complain about only shooting the barb wire scene props even when they are shooting 5 ft above where it appears. I would just make the mesh just tall enough so that it can't be jumped over, but not block the shots.

2.The light machine guns for both sides can shoot through trench walls and sometimes the dirt. The stun duration for lmg players being shot should be extended a bit as they can still immediately after being shot once.

3. The "ie large crater" scene prop is very glitchy. Most people have seen it on the map "Hill 87". Once in the large crater you can't get out, or just glitch around. This problem only seems to be with the large crater.   

4. The guns are a bit too accurate. I think the mod would greatly benefit from a player being less accurate when they are moving as well.

5. If you can tweak the spawn system on conquest where players can not spawn on a flag that is being taken by the enemy. This would get rid of the complaints of mass spawn killing, and attackers not being able to ever take a point.

Hope all goes well with your mod and that you don't get bored with the game, or get busy IRL.