Author Topic: [RGL7] Suggestions & Questions  (Read 4370 times)

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
  • Side: Neutral
[RGL7] Suggestions & Questions
« on: May 05, 2020, 10:47:57 pm »

If you happen to have a question or a suggestion, please use this thread.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2021, 03:56:49 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
Re: [RGL7] Suggestions & Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 10:55:29 pm »
ban gi

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Board Moderator
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2020, 12:26:54 am »
can you introduce a 4-month roster lock rule
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2020, 12:59:52 am »
Rosters shall remain the same as last years RGL. Then we shall roleplay the matches whilst holding hands and give 15th the trophy. No drama, no invites, TOXICITYZERO, and only happy thoughts : )

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2020, 01:01:39 am »
Rosters shall remain the same as last years RGL. Then we shall roleplay the matches whilst holding hands and give 15th the trophy. No drama, no invites, TOXICITYZERO, and only happy thoughts : )
Nah lets take it back to the 66th melee stack more fun for me

Offline Snowwi

• :]
  • General
  • Nr13 Reservist
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Klay Thompson
  • Side: Union
"Unable to perceive the shape of You...
I find you all around me.
Your presence fills my eyes with Your love...
It humbles my heart...
For You are everywhere."

Offline RUS_Flusha90

• Captain
  • NWWC 2023 Winner
    • View Profile
  • Nick: sH1pu4Ka
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2020, 02:07:38 pm »
me very funny that says this dog , but even me more funnier that tzo invite cant win English garbage  in 15th on mid when I always outplay his in duels this is sad guys  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
[07:00]
RTX janne:
en syö mitään kuukauteen

Offline Gi

• Board Moderator
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2020, 02:09:04 pm »
me very funny that says this dog , but even me more funnier that tzo invite cant win English garbage  in 15th on mid when I always outplay his in duels this is sad guys  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
woah

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2020, 02:11:24 pm »
i suggest u to delete dis
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2020, 02:12:35 pm »
It appears some of you seems to have mistaken the thread title for something along the line of 'banter thread'. Please keep the space free for real suggestion and questions, tyvm.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2020, 11:09:33 am »
The following rule is a major change compared to past seasons and I would very much like to have as much feedback on that as possible, from anyone really. For now, such a rule is on 'hold', it very well could not stay if it doesn't get the expected support from the community. We want to try and be innovative where we can and where we feel it's worth it but not to the cost of potentially ruining a format which has so far proven excellent.

§4 (2) For every match, a special defensive or offensive bonus can be achieved. The defensive bonus can be achieved in losing by a difference of 3 or fewer rounds and gives you 1 extra point. The offensive bonus can be achieved in winning by a difference of 10 rounds or more and gives you 1 extra point.

The reasoning behind adding this is pretty much trying to encourage competitiveness to the greatest extent by making sure regiments give their 100% best in as many situations as possible. In every match, you will have an opportunity to either deny your opponent the bonus point if you try hard enough (6 rounds is hard yet achievable for many regiments against stronger opponents) meaning we want to reward a mindset where you aim higher than what you normally would, for a small achievement which could pay dividends in the long run. It works both ways obviously and for the regiments capable to play for the offensive bonus in some matches, it will also be about making sure you don't let sloppy rounds espace at the end of the match, where you nearing the finish line.

As for every big innovation, there will be people who dislike it because they are afraid of change and would literally prefer keeping the exact same system for decades if it means avoiding taking the slightest of risk. These people I call them unreasonable, simple as that. On the other hand, I have already exchanged with other members of the community I highly respect the opinion of and been given legitimate reasons to worry how about such a system could turn out in the end. I will let such people explain their view as they will explain it better than I can, so that whatever option we go for, it's after an informed and constructive discussion.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2020, 11:11:47 am by Tardet »

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2020, 11:15:57 am »
''For every match, a special defensive or offensive bonus can be achieved. The defensive bonus can be achieved in losing by a difference of 3 or fewer rounds and gives you 1 extra point. The offensive bonus can be achieved in winning by a difference of 10 rounds or more and gives you 1 extra point.''

I get you want to bring a unique format but RGL always has been a unique format on its own.

I might be old school with this but a win is a win, if you lose you lose and if you draw you draw. so either 3 points, 0 points or 1 point.

This is going to make for a very stupid outcome where a final could have already been determined due to a regiment having won most of their matches in a offensive bonus matter and an other regiment that has won as well all of their matches up till now but not in the offensive bonus matter being behind several points where even winning would mean they would be behind in points.

The RGL format was already updated in the recent years with the better addition of a Ft15 instead of the Bo20, this way people were already more motivated to play to the bitter end instead of after losing the 11th point having already lost the match and their for the 3 points.

I feel the negatives out weigh the positives on this one for me personally and Vegi.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2020, 11:33:54 am »
I dont think its a good rule, because then it will just look like RGT where the only best can play of our regiment.

Each regiment have to tryhard every match to get that extra point. I prefer letting other people play, so they can also feel the experience of RGL, instead of only the utter best of the regiment.
RGL is supposed to be fun too not only the tryhard aspect.

I dont want to dissapoint half of my roster that they barely can play, since we have to manage to get that extra point against 'weaker regiments'
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2020, 11:40:13 am »
I dont think its a good rule, because then it will just look like RGT where the only best can play of our regiment.

Each regiment have to tryhard every match to get that extra point. I prefer letting other people play, so they can also feel the experience of RGL, instead of only the utter best of the regiment.
RGL is supposed to be fun too not only the tryhard aspect.

I dont want to dissapoint half of my roster that they barely can play, since we have to manage to get that extra point against 'weaker regiments'

+1

So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?