Author Topic: 102nd Regiment of Foot - Continuation group from the 2nd Queen's Royal Regiment  (Read 6061 times)

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
  • New FSE, New Me
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 102nd KGL Tuesy
  • Side: Neutral

Who the bloody well are you?

Glad you asked! the 102nd is a continuation regiment formed from the vast majority of the 2nd Queens royal regiment, an older regiment that has existed in some shape or form since early 2013.

The Cornerstone for the 102nd as a whole is our community, we are a very relaxed regiment and we pride ourselves on making sure that our members are enjoying our events while respecting rules. Fun and the friendships that come with it are the foremost priority for us, something both Rankers and Officers past and present will atest to.

We are a British regiment but have members from around the world and welcome anyone who wants to join!

You dont need to have a microphone to join us or even talk at first. We understand it can be intimidating to jump into a TS with 20 random people.

How is the Group structured?
    The 102nd Consists of two primary detachments at this moment in time, the Kings German Legion (Line Detachment) and the Queens Rifles (Rifle/Skirm Detachment)

What sort of events do you do?

The status quo for the 102nd is to have three events to go to throughout the week (typically on tuesday, Thursday and Sunday) these vary from Linebattles, Sieges, and even some unique events your likely not to find elsewhere within the NW community. Some examples of events the 102nd have hosted or are currently hosting are bellow:

Trenchbattle - The magnum Opus of the 102nds events, quite honestly theres no other event like it! sprawling maps populated by trenches with a full 200 pop server bring a uniquely Napoleonic feel to some of the environments you might of expected to of encountered during WW1.

Tolkien Tuesday - A lord of the rings themed event featuringing many diverse lord of the rings inspired maps with siege, conquest and linebattle rounds throughout.

102nd Linebattle - A new linebattle event recently started that aims to replicate the ruleset of the old 7thQRC Linebattle.

2nd Minisiege - A Siege event with custom maps aiming to have a lower player cap then normally found at siege events.

Additionally, we typically hold polls every week to decide what games we should play after events, sometimes one hour of M&B can extend into several more hours of 15-20 friends playing together on other games, partially thanks to the generosity of our members who host private servers or gift games to each other.

Another event outside of NW is our yearly meetup which is an annual tradition of having a weekend holiday together (boarding in a hostel) close to Christmas time were we spend time seeing the sights of wherever we go and making the most of the nightlife! This tradition started with 10 of us meeting in Oxford in 2018, 15 of us meeting in York in 2019 and an expected larger number for our 2020 meetup in Bristol.

Anything else I need to know?

Typically when in events we use Teamspeak 3 to communicate, even if you dont have a microphone you will have to install this just so you can listen to what we are doing.

Our teamspeak IP is 2ndregiment.co.uk (note you may have to improve your security level to get on!)

If you feel that this is the regiment for you, please contact us on steam by any of the bellow links, we'll be happy to chat :) - Matues, Polar and the 102nd Staff.

KGL               Detachment Leaders:                 QR

NCO's:

A Brief History of the KGL and My Place Within it - Matues

Late June 2013 - Both me and my brother Nick buy M&B Warband - I spent too much time on Native

Late October 2013 - Me and my brother Cofound a Regiment - The name of this regiment changed a number of times including the 21st, 21y, MM-Polk and SL-Polk.

12th June 2014 - Our Regiment joins the 2014 2nd as a detachment, and takes the identity of the 2nd Kings German Legion

16th August 2014 - The 2nd disbands and the KGL leaves to become the 8teFKI, later renamed to the 22y. I began to step down from 2nd in command due to real life commitments.

3rd November 2014 - The regiment went through a schism resulting in a large loss of members and a change of leadership. My brother unsuccessfully tried to merge our regiment with another line after our 2nd (Sanic), 3rd (Dennis) and 5th (Diether) in commands left to form their own regiment, I was 4th in command at the time and decided to quit Mount and Blade Warband Regiments for a short period to focus attention to real life commitments. However, during this short time, I played a little on public servers and became friends with the head admin of Pirate Battle, the first server I played on NW. The regiment continued under the name 3tes

Mid December 2014 - As the regiment was low on numbers and in a poor state, at the request of Sanic I rejoined the 3tes as a recruit and began to help rebuild, attendance was arguably similar to what it was when it was first founded.

16th December 2014 - Understanding that the 2nd had reformed and that it was a good environment for a regiment to build in, I convince Sanic and the leader of the 2nd, CurlyConnor, to agree to have the 3tes join the 2nd and reclaim the name Kings German Legion.

Mid March 2015 - the 2nd (Diether) and 3rd (Dennis) in commands of the KGL used their position in the absensce of Sanic to troll an event (Note: Padraig and Mitchell were 4th and 5th in command respectively prior to this), this resulted in Diether being demoted, in response to this both Dennis and Diether left the regiment.

Early April 2015 - Sanic steps down from leadership of the KGL due to real life commitments, Padraig declined the leadership role being unprepared to take it, Padraig stepped down in addition to this. Mitchell took over the leadership of the KGL.

30th April 2015 - The collapse of the 2nd had begun, with many detachments from the first battalion leaving the 2nd, an attempt was made to merge the detachments from the first and second battalions together, however this was unsuccessful and resulted in the creation of the 7thQRC, by the rifles (QR) of second battalion, the KGL and second battalion lights (REE) were offered a place in the 7thQRC by its leader, Polar, however both detachments waited a few days to see if there was hope of the 2nd recovering.

6th June 2015 - The collapse of the 2nd was finalised by a statement posted by CurlyConnor, by this point the KGL had joined the 7thQRC as the 7thQRC-KGL, alongside the 7thQRC-QR and 7thQRC-REE.

Mid June 2015 - Prior to this point, since returning to the regiment in December I had refused a position of power due to real life commitments and had remained a highly ranked enlisted member. However, I reluctantly accepted the NCO promotions after my A Level Exams.

Mid September 2015 - I along with two other NCO's and a CO's were forced to take a short absence due to starting university, however all returned in a matter of two to three weeks. During which time several enlisted members were promoted to NCO positions to compensate, however upon return a 'NCO Reset' was needed, involving all NCO's to return to the highest enlisted rank. Having achieved the highest NCO rank by this point, and due to refusing CO promotions prior to university, I was included in this and returned to the enlisted ranks for one week.

4th May 2016 - Due to disagreements with members of the QR in Polars absence, the KGL left the 7thQRC to form the 1st Kings German Legion, where the KGL continued to take part in NWL league games. Note: Prior to leaving the 7thQRC I had begun to help run the 7thQRC Tuesday Event, which continued as the 1stKGL Tuesday Event under my adminning. In addition to this, upon leaving the 7thQRC, the KGL's 2nd in command, Murph, created the splinter artillery detachment the 1stKGA, taking many KGL members.

Mid May 2016 - I accepted adminship over the public server Pirate Battle, it had been offered to me previously but due to lots of coursework I declined it in the past.

Late June 2016 - The 1stKGA was disbanded by Mitchell after Murph and the other founders became inactive, the remaining active members rejoined the 1stKGL Line.

18th December 2016 - Due to two CO's leaving and a lack of enthusiasm in most NCO's, the 1stKGL had struggled with a lack of leadership, I had accepted a CO rank to help, however myself and Mitchell still looked for regiments to merge into us to provide a competent leader to help, however none of these were successful. In early December we were asked by CurlyConnor to join the reformed 2nd, the transition took a couple of weeks, we reclaimed the name 2nd-KGL

Late February 2017 - The Pirate Battle Server changed host and I had not yet asked for admin on the new server.

6th April 2017 - I was promoted to the position of Major within the 2nd, making it my first staff position since founding the regiment in 2013, in which staff positions were ceremonial.

25th May 2017 - I was promoted to Lieutenant Colonel after previous leaders CurlyConnor and Argypoo took temporary leave. The leader of the 2nd RIR, Sam, became Colonel.

2nd July 2017 - The CSG join the 2nd, allowing the 2nd to do competitive matches again.

11th July 2017 - CurlyConnor returns as Colonel

21st September 2017 – Holdfast: Nations at War is released, causing turmoil in the 2nd as detachments decide whether to play it or not the KGL decides to remain exclusively a NW based community. Several events hosted by the 2nd are cancelled.

2nd November 2017 – Due to the release of Holdfast, inactivity of CO’s, RSM elections, and other petty disputes, many detachments leave the 2nd or become inactive. The KGL remains the only active detachment.

20th November 2017 - Due to work I take a short break to focus on university work, while still running the Tuesday event during said break. This coincided with the leaving of Ominous; the backup admin of the Tuesday Event (Matuesday) and as the last RSM; the primary admin of the Trench Battle Event who did not continue to run either event.

4th January 2018 – I return from absence and Christmas break

9th January 2018 – I cancel the Tuesday Event (Matuesday) due to other life commitments and lack of a backup admin & signups

25th January 2018 - In the absence of an RSM, I act as Backup Admin for the Trench Battle Event with Mitchell as Primary Admin

16th April 2018 - The 2nd KGL enter into the European Infantry Cup (EIC) Tournament

21st September 2018 - I begin to occasionally make additional maps for the Trench Battle Event

November 2018 – I joined Team ENG for the 2019 mini NWWC.

28th – 30th December 2018 – Members of the KGL met in person in Oxford for a weekend. The Oxford 10 were myself, Jack, Bibo (Zack), Cee (Billy), Richard (Sam), Octi, Ivar, Mar, RamRam (Nimmo) and EPIC (Jake)

28th March 2019 - The Trondhjemske Regiment Merge into the KGL and we regain 2ndLt Nick as an Officer

31st March 2019 – Team ENG win the 2019 mini NWWC

30th May 2019 – The CR rejoins the 2nd and the KGL is no longer the last detachment.

28th June 2019 – The KGA rejoins the 2nd

30th June 2019 – The QR rejoins the 2nd and the 2nd enter Season 3 NWBC with the team ‘The Good, The Bad and The Timed Out’

26th October 2019 – ‘The Good, The Bad and The Timed Out’ win NWBC Season 3.

27th/29th December 2019 – The following members of the KGL met in person in York for a weekend holiday: Myself, Jack, Bibo (Zack), Cee (Billy), Richard (Sam), Octi, Ivar, Mar, RamRam (Nimmo), EPIC (Jake), Nick, Madness (Noah), Connor, Mitchell and Ominous (Joel).

9th/15th April 2020 – On the 9th of April Mitchell tried to bring in a new detachment into the regiment without consulting other Officers and NCO’s sufficiently. A lot of people reacted poorly to this situation and after a period of drama Mitchell agreed to a ‘constitution’ which would enforce democratic CO & NCO meetings. However, many members were not satisfied with this and wanted to exist on the teamspeak independently from the 2nd. In the first democratic CO & NCO meeting it was decided that the disaffected players would be allowed to remain on the same teamspeak. However shortly after this, Mitchell undermined this decision by giving the teamspeak host Bibo an ultimatum – Mitchell threatened to move the 2nd from the teamspeak if Bibo did not expel the disaffected players from the teamspeak and community. When this was made public more members became upset that Mitchell was threatening to remove their friends (some of whom were part of the Oxford and York meetups). As a result of this, all of the CO’s and NCO’s and the majority of the enlisted decided to start a new regiment without Mitchell, this became the 102nd KGL.

Note: all dates and even the approximations have sources, if you think one is wrong, please provide evidence (e.g. steam group creation dates, screenshot upload dates, youtube video upload dates)
    [/list]
    « Last Edit: April 23, 2020, 05:21:31 pm by Matues »

Offline Spoons

• Donator
      • View Profile
    • Nick: 33rd_Col_Spoons
    Re: 102nd Regiment of Foot
    « Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 10:45:55 pm »
    Merge

Offline Jakob van Bicke

• Second Lieutenant
      • View Profile
    • Nick: 2ndHess_Col_Señor_Jakob
    « Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 10:59:33 pm »

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
      • View Profile
    • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
    « Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 01:03:53 am »
    Whats happening with Thursday trench battles then?
    So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
    To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
    • New FSE, New Me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 01:20:36 am »
    Whats happening with Thursday trench battles then?

The Trench Battle Event & Server is hosted by myself and the 102nd will take it over. (same admins)

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
    • New FSE, New Me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 02:39:44 am »
    The 102nd are a break away group from the community that was previously part of the 2nd. Our community has existed since 2013.

Here's a link to our steam group: https://steamcommunity.com/groups/102ndKGL

My personal steam is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Iamear
    I will format this better at a later date. To give a little bit more information.

Offline Mistakee

• Second Lieutenant
    • Brigadier General IX Brigade
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Mistake
    • Side: Union
    « Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 02:12:34 pm »
    Hey boys good luck!!

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
    • General
    • Divide and Conquer
      • View Profile
    • Nick: King of Stack
    • Side: Confederacy
    « Reply #7 on: April 16, 2020, 02:28:21 pm »
    ok
    Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Madness0600

• Private
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: April 16, 2020, 02:47:56 pm »
    I got told to post here by the 102nd I assume because the 10th thread has got more replys XD

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
    • New FSE, New Me
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: April 16, 2020, 03:44:52 pm »
    Hey boys good luck!!

Much appreciated :)

Offline Rumeni

• Corporal
    • 102nd Regiment of Foot - KGL
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Rumeni
    It's the same, but different, but the same, kinda sorta-ish.
    "There are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity, and he was one of them"

Offline Hammy

• Private
    • Lieutenant of the 78thRSB
      • View Profile
    • Nick: Hammy
    Good luck!

Offline Romulus76

• Alpha Tester
    • Minisiege & EU_Commander - Community Manager
      • View Profile
      • Napoleonic Wars Public
    • Side: Confederacy
    Where there is a regiment there is drama, where there is drama there is groupfights, where there is groupfights there is death.
    In death, we think of the things we hold dearly to us and think of our friends. The 2nd are friends and the trench battle we hold dearly to ourselves.
    Whoever the 2nd is now, we love you

ps. i heard my regiment was shit in that 2 v 2 thing which I didn't attend

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
    • New FSE, New Me
      • View Profile
    It's the same, but different, but the same, kinda sorta-ish.

Precisely!

Offline Matues

• Sergeant Major
    • New FSE, New Me
      • View Profile