Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Draft League (4v4) {Season 1 Thread}{Champions: Aces}  (Read 91931 times)

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
  • Side: Union
Re: North American 4v4 Draft League ($150) [FEB 18TH START DATE]
« Reply #345 on: February 17, 2019, 03:12:30 pm »
Yeah the first free agents first. Not all of them though on one team as that wouldn't be fair, they would be at a disadvantage.

I can't speak for the other undrafted players with perfectly certainty, but I suppose if we're the kind of players who who were passed over for the sort of players who actually got drafted in the seventh round, we're probably also the sort of players who would have been fine playing for the sake of playing. Or maybe that's just me being sanguine.

That's kind of what I was assuming tbh.

Sidenote: Who tf keeps voting with LG & 93rd official accounts lol?

BOAtroG
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

|Viper|

« Reply #346 on: February 17, 2019, 05:05:07 pm »
It wasn’t me seriously. The 93rd Account votes yes which I don’t want an 8th team so it was probably NickCole.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 05:08:57 pm by VetroG »

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ihaveaslightlybelowadveragepenis
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #347 on: February 17, 2019, 08:55:46 pm »
Its kinda fucked up that people like Xethos signed up for the tournament on time and then weren't selected for idk why and now they don't get a chance to play. Like why weren't there enough teams for everyone that signed up originally to get picked thats a huge fuck up by flower and the other organizers. Idgaf about the guys who signed up like 2 weeks late but Xethos is deadass on the original player pool list. I think a new team should be made based on who ever signed up first. Which from what I can tell would be Xethos, Kenshaw, Citiuz and some others like Nickcole and Dio. Which wouldn't be that amazing of a team but at least mans would be able to compete.

Also the whole free agent idea in mount and blade is fucking retarded to begin with because theres only like 30 good players in the entire community and its a 4v4 tourny so one dude can completely change your team and make u god tier, so if like 2 people sign up late and get put on a mediocre team that drafted poorly and needs to improve by working together and getting better they can just skip all that and be the best team in the tourney overnight. Free agency makes sense sometimes but in warband its pretty stupid.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 08:59:10 pm by maccle »
huh

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #348 on: February 17, 2019, 09:32:02 pm »
Free agency is pretty much just for teams that get screwed over by people quitting the league/going afk
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 17, 2019, 09:39:16 pm »
Free agency is pretty much just for teams that get screwed over by people quitting the league/going afk
ya I understand that but its not fair that someone can draft me as a sub in like the 120000 round, lose week one, drop me and get kosj and then win the tourny

and then the guy who got drafted is just going to sit in free agency the entire tourny because why would a team pick them up from free agency when they can wait for Tammo to sign up 3 months late and pick him up and win the tourny
« Last Edit: February 17, 2019, 09:42:04 pm by maccle »
huh

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #350 on: February 17, 2019, 10:27:50 pm »
Its kinda fucked up that people like Xethos signed up for the tournament on time and then weren't selected for idk why and now they don't get a chance to play. Like why weren't there enough teams for everyone that signed up originally to get picked thats a huge fuck up by flower and the other organizers. Idgaf about the guys who signed up like 2 weeks late but Xethos is deadass on the original player pool list. I think a new team should be made based on who ever signed up first. Which from what I can tell would be Xethos, Kenshaw, Citiuz and some others like Nickcole and Dio. Which wouldn't be that amazing of a team but at least mans would be able to compete.

Also the whole free agent idea in mount and blade is fucking retarded to begin with because theres only like 30 good players in the entire community and its a 4v4 tourny so one dude can completely change your team and make u god tier, so if like 2 people sign up late and get put on a mediocre team that drafted poorly and needs to improve by working together and getting better they can just skip all that and be the best team in the tourney overnight. Free agency makes sense sometimes but in warband its pretty stupid.
Because we got the good players?

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #351 on: February 17, 2019, 10:48:21 pm »
ya I understand that but its not fair that someone can draft me as a sub in like the 120000 round, lose week one, drop me and get kosj and then win the tourny

and then the guy who got drafted is just going to sit in free agency the entire tourny because why would a team pick them up from free agency when they can wait for Tammo to sign up 3 months late and pick him up and win the tourny
you also got to remember this is a competitive tournament. people will want to play with the best people possible
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 17, 2019, 11:13:14 pm »

you also got to remember this is a competitive tournament. people will want to play with the best people possible
anyway i just wanted to bring up that there is no reason for teams not to just tank a week or two get a couple top 20 players and win the tourney. Basically making the draft mean nothing. Also I think there should be an 8th team originally for the people who signed up on time and didn't get chosen it makes no sense to me to have 7 teams when you have enough players for 8. The way I see it 8 teams = more competition than 7 = better tournament.
huh

Offline maccle

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 17, 2019, 11:19:54 pm »

dude... if you weren't a captain you wouldn't have been chosen by anyone why are you talking shit??
huh

Offline Moraine

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 20th Maine Artillery Company Command Officer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady Moraine
« Reply #354 on: February 18, 2019, 12:09:38 am »

dude... if you weren't a captain you wouldn't have been chosen by anyone why are you talking shit??
says the guy who was over rated in WPC and then dropped from his team. Sorry kid you're gonna need to do better than that.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #355 on: February 18, 2019, 12:13:43 am »
Free agency would have been fine had people signed up on time. The whole point was for those people to potentially be given a chance if someone wasn't performing on their team.

It got fucked the moment a bunch of people decided to sign up after the draft even though this was posted 3 or 4 weeks ago and announced like a month or two before that.

I'd be fine with not letting any late sign ups in but people will have a fit about not being informed

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline AsianP

• Major
  • Retired
    • View Profile
  • Nick: AsianP
« Reply #356 on: February 18, 2019, 12:47:03 am »
Some of us are not on every day and have busy schedules. I wasn't even told about it until yoloswag asked me to merc during a scrim against Ace's
1st Place Vetro's Old Fashion 2v2 (Team Bird: AsianP, Armada), 1st Place Dan's Ultimate Dueling Tournament VIII, 1st Place 5v5 Groupfighting Tournament (TeamGG), 1st Place 8v8 Groupfighting Tournament (Tier 1), 2nd Place 2v2 Tournament (Old School), 3rd Place 1v1 Duel Tournament, 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S5 (NA 91st), 1st Place Undefeated NANWL S6 (3eVolt), 2nd Place TNWL S2 Pro League (58eme), 2nd Place NAPL S2 (3eVolt),  1st Place NA Regimental Groupfighting League(3eVolt), 1st Place Napoleonic War's Golden League (42nd), 2nd Place OG Mudbone 1v1 Duel Tournament

Offline KillerShark

• First Lieutenant
  • THE KillerShark
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 18, 2019, 03:33:36 am »
I sympathize with the people that signed up late. With the exception of the past 2-3 weeks, I haven't really checked the forums much in like a year. If you're not on the forums every few days it's hard to catch everything that happens. People who want to play shouldn't be punished because they are living their lives. Idk how a draft would work out though lol
Former: 29th CSjt, 12th Cpl, Nr37 Kpl, 21eme SoD, 18th LtCol, 1stMN/64th SgtMaj, 23rdPA SgtMaj, 45e CplFo, 78th ESO, 29th Capt, 57th Kgm, LG Fus, 71st Cpl, 34e SoD, 2ndQF LCpl, LG Uffz, Nr4 Gmnr, 98e SoD, 75e Fus, 18e FusV, 47th Grd, and 21st Pte.

Self Proclaimed best movement key player NA

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #358 on: February 18, 2019, 04:15:21 am »
I get that, but I'm also worried about the balance of the league being tipped since having so many people sign up afterwards and then picked makes the point of a draft league lesser. In the end I'm sure it will work out either way so long as the losing teams this week make smart picks from the FA pool

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Chantakey

• Donator
  • Slayer of Weebs, Destroyer of WoR, Fattest cock
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Hoekage of NW
« Reply #359 on: February 18, 2019, 04:24:50 am »
Can I join this gay virgin shit or whatsup??