Author Topic: 2nd Warwickshire  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 2nd Warwickshire
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:15 am »
Please link to the regimental thread they posted then.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 01:37:14 am »
literally made a matter of hours after these guys made theirs

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2477.0

Here's the messages i've sent Hawke during the previous stuff:

« Sent to: Hawke on: January 10, 2013, 10:39:31 pm » ReplyQuoteDelete
Evening mate,

I hate typing out huge extraneous letters when it's easier to just speak 1-1 on people, so add me on steam and we'll chat ~ LtSpearing

Quick edit:

In regards to James' post on reserving regs:

Honestly, the things we worked out with the previous 24th were in complete compliance with that. We didn't need to reserve a name, because at the time the name was being used by both the 60th (prior 24th) and us. We didn't need to reserve the name because there was no need for it. Dual ownership.

Now this is completely separate. No one reserved the name, in fact the only reason this entire thing came up is because the prior 24th (2nd bat) changed to the 60th on their own will. This left a gap, and honestly, this is complete insanity. We've been here for about 3 weeks straight. We own a server, we have an event schedule set up, we're attending events. We have talked to everyone: James, Blucher, and:

If you really wanna pull the thread moves, our 24th events thread pre-dates this thread:

https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=2388.0

:P

« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:43:58 am by Spearing »

Offline FAULTYscotsman

• Second Lieutenant
  • Jacobite by Name,
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FAULTYscotsman
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 01:48:36 am »
Why is thier so much hassle over a bloody name? If the number has changed its a different regiment so stop moaning and just change the bloody number if you want the name so much.

Also stop hassling people on the forums, I'm sick of seing people trying to have fun by making a reg or something then you've got people who try to make such a big deal about it instead of just letting it go or helping the guy out

Sometimes I fell people get bullied on these forum over a fucking game and I'm pissed of with it so most of yous need to grow up and I'm not just talkin about this topic I'm talking about throughout the whole forum, and I've complained to the FSE about some of the bullying I've seen and they have done fuck all and I'm getting worried for some people being picked on for something stupid like numbers in a bloody name , I think some people forget that police can get involved for cyber bullying,

I'm glad that's off my chest
a port will save a mans life, a rifle will only keep it safe

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Suvorov
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 06:15:52 am »
Spears, Your a faggot ^^
Meh.

Offline Weejock McFiddles

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Cabela
Re: 2nd Warwickshire Now 22nd Warwickshire
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 08:24:26 am »
Its apparantly irrelevant Wodan. There is some sort of bromance going on between James Grant and the 24thWWS leader. So basically suvorov is screwed because James Grant thinks the 24thWWS leader is a great sexual partner and all around nice guy.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2013, 10:06:36 am »
Its apparantly irrelevant Wodan. There is some sort of bromance going on between James Grant and the 24thWWS leader. So basically suvorov is screwed because James Grant thinks the 24thWWS leader is a great sexual partner and all around nice guy.

Truth is I barely even know Spears, I've only ever talked to him in about half a dozen pm's but he has made a substantial effort to support the mod and did show his face before your 2nd Warwickshire. He did sort out something with another regiment when he realised he'd forgotten to reserve the number (prior to the reservation deadline) but clearly didn't actually see that Hawkes had changed so didn't make the thread.

Now enough of this bickering has discredited this regiment enough as it is so I suggest you just move on and enjoy the game bearing the county name of a regiment which was permanently disgraced at Isandlwana.

Still don't get the obsession with it.

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2013, 10:41:32 am »
My regiment is now the 22nd Warwickshire.
I will create a thread. I wanted to play as the second cause they made a glorious last stand at Rorke's Drift, And I felt it would glorious to play as them, and personally I love the Zulu film and love the glorious last stand. :/
Meh.

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2013, 11:19:53 am »

Truth is I barely even know Spears, I've only ever talked to him in about half a dozen pm's but he has made a substantial effort to support the mod and did show his face before your 2nd Warwickshire. He did sort out something with another regiment when he realised he'd forgotten to reserve the number (prior to the reservation deadline) but clearly didn't actually see that Hawkes had changed so didn't make the thread.

Now enough of this bickering has discredited this regiment enough as it is so I suggest you just move on and enjoy the game bearing the county name of a regiment which was permanently disgraced at Isandlwana.

If that is Spears as in the former second in command of the 63e and Diplex's number two. The whole being an annoying little girl thing doesnt suprise me. As you were gents.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2013, 11:24:42 am »

If that is Spears as in the former second in command of the 63e and Diplex's number two. The whole being an annoying little girl thing doesnt suprise me. As you were gents.

No it isn't,it's Spearing who has been running the 24th since the early days of MM. Now stop your pointless and immature provocations and shut up.

Offline Suvorovski

• Private
  • Train Hard, Fight Easy
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2013, 12:03:42 pm »
James please delete this post, I'm tired of this D,x
Meh.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 23, 2013, 01:13:32 pm »
If it jogs your memory: I was a ranker in the 95th before prussia was released, and then just before prussia I opened the 41st, a year later we became the 24th. Speary, or spears, or Speirs, or even spurrs, are likely all offshoots of my name, and thus causes confusion.

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #41 on: January 23, 2013, 06:22:10 pm »
Spearing has a generally good reputation throughout NW as far as I've heard, so let's not start getting personal and bitching. Like I mentioned before, I personally think that Suro should get the regiment name but like I also mentioned before the final word goes to the Devs and they've said Spearing gets it.

Everyone just chillax and have a cup of tea.

Offline Spearing

• Donator
  • Has Brass Balls
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 23, 2013, 10:57:49 pm »
I'll bring the water, just give me a mo....

Offline Wodan All Father

• Corporal
  • To Valhalla
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2013, 11:32:20 pm »
Why is thier so much hassle over a bloody name? If the number has changed its a different regiment so stop moaning and just change the bloody number if you want the name so much.

Also stop hassling people on the forums, I'm sick of seing people trying to have fun by making a reg or something then you've got people who try to make such a big deal about it instead of just letting it go or helping the guy out

Sometimes I fell people get bullied on these forum over a fucking game and I'm pissed of with it so most of yous need to grow up and I'm not just talkin about this topic I'm talking about throughout the whole forum, and I've complained to the FSE about some of the bullying I've seen and they have done fuck all and I'm getting worried for some people being picked on for something stupid like numbers in a bloody name , I think some people forget that police can get involved for cyber bullying,

I'm glad that's off my chest

Too right brother  ;) hehe

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2013, 11:00:31 am »
Ah well since it isnt that spears i apologise. Like i said it was only if it was him. I was also just trying to defend a friend in a case that seemed obviously in his favor. But your papers seem to be in order my good man. Carry on.