Author Topic: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Team Redemption - S3 Champions]  (Read 114282 times)

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
Re: North American Gold 5v5 League [Season 3][Week 3]
« Reply #735 on: May 26, 2020, 06:18:36 pm »
let maccle be the captain of the undrafted squad

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #736 on: May 26, 2020, 06:25:25 pm »
We should have all of the undrafted players form a team that can function as a practice squad. And they can scrim the teams and stuff. Could give them a chance to show their skill and get picked up, and also allow the real teams to try different strategies and let their bench players get some practice and playing time.

Could also allow anyone that wanted to join the league late onto that team so they at least can take part in scrims. So people like Pedro and Jorge can actually somewhat enjoy the league.

This would’ve been easier and better to do at the start of the league, but better late than never if people are down for it.
if people were seriously considering picking up one of the undrafted players they would invite them to one of that teams scrims. Atleast that’s what I did when I was a captain
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #737 on: May 26, 2020, 09:16:59 pm »
We should have all of the undrafted players form a team that can function as a practice squad. And they can scrim the teams and stuff. Could give them a chance to show their skill and get picked up, and also allow the real teams to try different strategies and let their bench players get some practice and playing time.

Could also allow anyone that wanted to join the league late onto that team so they at least can take part in scrims. So people like Pedro and Jorge can actually somewhat enjoy the league.

This would’ve been easier and better to do at the start of the league, but better late than never if people are down for it.
if people were seriously considering picking up one of the undrafted players they would invite them to one of that teams scrims. Atleast that’s what I did when I was a captain

Yeah that’s what I did too. But this way the undesirables get playing time and can potentially surprise some people. This is mainly about playing time anyways. And allowing them to take part and also allowing bench players on teams to get playing time against them.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #738 on: May 26, 2020, 10:09:53 pm »

They would effectively function as training dummies and nothing more. Unless you are making a Kobe Bryant/Divac level error in trading then no one is going anywhere. If anything, the undrafted players could have come together and formed their cute little squad of ragtags and alt-righters. Unfortunately that will not happen, and if we were to consider the probably massive skill-gap in-between the rest of the teams and the undrafted, they still would be those same training dummies, just with a sexy-ass little name attached to them.

The reason that most players are even putting in effort is for the money, not to have fun (welcome to corporate America!). Hell, even the 250$ prize wasn't enough to incentivize more than 50, which is about as many as these sorts of events get. Thank fuck we don't have to factor in stock options, healthcare benefits, and merit pay, else you would see why employers despise unions and everything they stand for.

I mean shit, consider the Chinese monopoly on mass-produced goods. If the US sanctioned privateer groups for raids, I would totally join the fuck the up. We are the fucking pirates of the modern age, raiding the coasts and killing poor maritime workers like it ain't nobodies's business. Imagine that, campaign centered on freeing the gigantic child slave labour market in China. I would personally be on the front lines, liberating the ever-living red fuck out of them.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #739 on: May 26, 2020, 10:12:05 pm »
prolly coulda got 50 without a prize pool but ok

ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 26, 2020, 10:26:42 pm »

They would effectively function as training dummies and nothing more. Unless you are making a Kobe Bryant/Divac level error in trading then no one is going anywhere. If anything, the undrafted players could have come together and formed their cute little squad of ragtags and alt-righters. Unfortunately that will not happen, and if we were to consider the probably massive skill-gap in-between the rest of the teams and the undrafted, they still would be those same training dummies, just with a sexy-ass little name attached to them.

The reason that most players are even putting in effort is for the money, not to have fun (welcome to corporate America!). Hell, even the 250$ prize wasn't enough to incentivize more than 50, which is about as many as these sorts of events get. Thank fuck we don't have to factor in stock options, healthcare benefits, and merit pay, else you would see why employers despise unions and everything they stand for.

I mean shit, consider the Chinese monopoly on mass-produced goods. If the US sanctioned privateer groups for raids, I would totally join the fuck the up. We are the fucking pirates of the modern age, raiding the coasts and killing poor maritime workers like it ain't nobodies's business. Imagine that, campaign centered on freeing the gigantic child slave labour market in China. I would personally be on the front lines, liberating the ever-living red fuck out of them.

Well thats the reason why if we implemented this i'd like to consider a chance for them to play a real match. Also, I think the timing on this was right. There hadn't been a competitive league/tourny for a month now (since before this). Plus I hope people realize that the prize pool isn't even a lot per person, it'll only be like 30-40$ lol.

edit: also midseason survey if you guys want to take it: https://forms.gle/FQVSCkQHyGS5pJkj9
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 10:32:08 pm by Aurum »
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #741 on: May 26, 2020, 10:39:46 pm »
Maybe, maybe not. Bannerlord is a train wreck so that brought a few back from the grave. NW is still about dead but I guess we will act as the respirator until the kids finally decide to pull the plug after days of arguing over hospital bills and insurance.

Well thats the reason why if we implemented this i'd like to consider a chance for them to play a real match. Also, I think the timing on this was right. There hadn't been a competitive league/tourny for a month now (since before this). Plus I hope people realize that the prize pool isn't even a lot per person, it'll only be like 30-40$ lol.

edit: also midseason survey if you guys want to take it: https://forms.gle/FQVSCkQHyGS5pJkj9
40 dollars is a fortune in the eyes of my teenage brain so forgive me for being in awe.

Offline JackieChan

• First Lieutenant
  • Galavant
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 27, 2020, 03:32:30 am »
Name: Galavant
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/DasMark1994/
GUID: 220
Registering as a Captain?: No
Time-Zone: Mountain Time

Fashionably late as always

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #743 on: May 27, 2020, 04:07:10 am »

Offline Svenypoo

• First Lieutenant
  • I like to disappear for extended periods of time
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Svenypoo
« Reply #744 on: May 27, 2020, 07:03:21 am »
Name: Svenypoo
Steam Link: https://steamcommunity.com/id/svenisrlybestNA/
GUID: 377394
Registering as a Captain?: nah
Time-Zone: MST

applying as waterboy
I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut, baby.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #745 on: May 27, 2020, 07:27:52 am »
new signups are not allowed!

Team Redemption needs a coach tho who’s in

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
  • Side: Confederacy

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #748 on: May 27, 2020, 03:59:53 pm »
Jackie just trying to flex his guid
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time