Author Topic: Rome: Total War  (Read 17110 times)

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Rome: Total War
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2021, 10:39:34 am »
Don't support CA, their time is over. I lost faith in them after Rome 2 and haven't bought a Total War since. Warhammer 1,2 don't count >:)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2021, 11:17:39 am »
The problem is, if you actually look at the battles, you can definitely tell the remaster has been done by the company thats been porting all their games to IOS. The UI is incredibly ugly.

I would rather just play Rome 2 with the Rome 1 Music soundpack
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Earth Bby

• FSE's Official Annoying English-Person
  • Donator
  • Bottom Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2021, 10:59:50 pm »
The problem is, if you actually look at the battles, you can definitely tell the remaster has been done by the company thats been porting all their games to IOS. The UI is incredibly ugly.

I would rather just play Rome 2 with the Rome 1 Music soundpack

Its like they ran out of lemons on pancake day and got one out the bin and are trying their best to get any final drops of juice out of it.

Total war is that lemon, it was good when it was good.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 11:53:28 am »
The new UI looks bad.  I am curious how many bugs they fixed and balancing they did.

CA is doing pretty good with the warhammer games.  Their has been a noticeable leap in quality in WH2.  Power creep isnt helping some of the older factions though. 

3k to their credit didnt release in a completely abysmal state like Rome 2.  It bucked the trend of releasing a horrid broken mess at release. 

With all that said, it is clear their "historical" games just fail in comparison to the warhammer games.  They are having a hard time making a historical title without tons of made up abilities.  I wouldnt be surprised if we see more of the "classic vs romance" type options in future games. 
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.