Author Topic: Theodin's Book of Melee  (Read 70725 times)

Offline RussianFury

• Lieutenant General
  • Tribal Chief
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Theodin's Book of Melee
« Reply #465 on: October 14, 2021, 03:15:19 pm »
always knew i was better than yoloswag LOL

This is literally backed by statistical analysis. The numbers do not lie.
He gets on base.

Offline sidney crosby

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #466 on: October 14, 2021, 08:38:32 pm »

This is literally backed by statistical analysis. The numbers do not lie.
He gets on base.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #467 on: October 15, 2021, 04:29:47 am »
Oatmeal's statline
[close]

Yoloswag's statline
[close]

That 13.06 season really helped your score - Yolo is mr consistent there

Yolo also gets more first picks but also more first deaths, one of the biggest factors in the 13.06 season was a 3 fbr

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2021, 06:23:27 am »
I’ll take the guy with the bigger bat on this one. Give me Oatmeal, the slugger.
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 19, 2021, 06:30:58 pm »
Playoff WAR's! Waste and Yoshie had fantastic playoffs. Waste is my playoff MVP!

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 06, 2022, 12:50:18 am »
WAR was a fun attempt at a stat - but it had its issues. So here's the new and improved version:

Average Impact Rating

Two of the biggest issues with the WAR stat were 1) concerns about the effect of sample sizes and 2) dealing with the Score statistic in Waste's leaderboards. AIR deals with both of these problems. Here's how:

Take this hypothetical statline.
Spoiler
[close]
AIR takes into consideration three things: KDR, FBR and TKs. The columns labeled ">" and "<" ask whether KDR is greater than FBR and whether FBR is greater than KDR respectively (which is why you can see the FALSE there, as FBR in this case is higher than KDR). Since in this case FBR is higher, the formula adds (FBR/10), which is 0.2, to the KDR - 0.84 + 0.2 = 1.04.   

If it were the case that the FBR were lower than KDR, like in this case,
Spoiler
[close]
then the formula would take away (FBR/10) from the KDR, which is 0.84 - 0.05 = 0.79.

The finishing calculation factors in TKs - it takes the amount of TKs, in this case 2, divides that by 100, and subtracts that from the previously calculated number - giving us a 1.02 for the first stat line presented and a 0.77 for the second.

So how does this solve the two issues with WAR? Well first of all, by dealing directly with ratios, amount doesn't matter - all that matters is the ratios. This solves the issue with sample sizes and removes the need for Score entirely! Since this is going to be used per match rather than per season it doesn't matter that some matches are longer than others - all that matters is the ratios put up within the rounds played.
Spoiler
[close]

How would this scale? Well, taking a random smattering of KDs and evaluating those numbers leads us to think that
0.79 or less is bad
0.8-1 is average
1-1.3 is above average
1.3-1.5 is spectacular
1.5+ is elite

I'll be doing those for each match during the season and periodically updating on neat trends and stuff. And I won't be the only one doing this for a stat - Russian is building a stat as well, which will also be revealed in due time!

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 06, 2022, 12:56:20 am »
King Bill is the Michael Jordan of NW

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 06, 2022, 01:05:55 am »

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 06, 2022, 01:14:04 am »
you deleted my post though buddy, why am I not on the list of top gfers cuz I for sure outperformed everyone on that list late 2014-2016 in gfing?

I consistently dominated topfragged every linebattle I went to even amongst the best in 18th it was usually me at the top top fragging, carried 58e to the top...schooling you kids daily on NA gf even had a 3.5 kd when noone else broke 2.5kd on NA gf...I could play with my eyes closed back then

idk man I think maybe you should fix your top gfer list pal

The King has spoken

Offline Kovyjack

• Captain
  • I'm gay, no homo though.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr.21
  • Side: Union
« Reply #474 on: January 06, 2022, 02:28:04 am »
you deleted my post though buddy, why am I not on the list of top gfers cuz I for sure outperformed everyone on that list late 2014-2016 in gfing?

I consistently dominated topfragged every linebattle I went to even amongst the best in 18th it was usually me at the top top fragging, carried 58e to the top...schooling you kids daily on NA gf even had a 3.5 kd when noone else broke 2.5kd on NA gf...I could play with my eyes closed back then

idk man I think maybe you should fix your top gfer list pal

The King has spoken

Grown ass man.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #475 on: January 06, 2022, 03:21:40 am »
2014-2016 was peak NW melee
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline BillTheButcher

• First Lieutenant
  • King Of NW
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: January 06, 2022, 03:34:49 am »
it was the golden ages of NW when shit actually mattered

and everyone on his list is from those days so................go fuck yourself
« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 03:51:02 am by BillTheButcher »

Offline Dan the Seagull Chef

• Commander in Chief
  • I use a pinch of Jesus in every dish.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [Chef]Dan_the_Chef
« Reply #477 on: January 06, 2022, 04:48:34 am »
it was the golden ages of NW when shit actually mattered

and everyone on his list is from those days so................go fuck yourself
damn that's crazy
Wanna help the Wiki, join the Discord! Here are also the FSE Thread and Taleworlds Thread.

Offline Cytiuz

• Captain
  • 25y till I die
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: January 06, 2022, 08:25:38 pm »
Can you identify someones average impact rating not based off the total number of kills they have. For example, what is a players impact rating at a lower average of kills and deaths(less playtime). Calculating a stat for players who are not playing every single minute of a match, could be highly beneficial for a team captains ability to identify the most impactful players. That being said I know nothing about calculating these stats, I just find it as an interesting idea to implement.

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #479 on: January 06, 2022, 08:27:46 pm »
Can you identify someones average impact rating not based off the total number of kills they have. For example, what is a players impact rating at a lower average of kills and deaths(less playtime). Calculating a stat for players who are not playing every single minute of a match, could be highly beneficial for a team captains ability to identify the most impactful players. That being said I know nothing about calculating these stats, I just find it as an interesting idea to implement.
Someone could do a plus minus system similar to what the NBA does.