Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77118 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #735 on: March 04, 2021, 05:22:00 pm »
Nice packing job btw Olaf
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Skaen

« Reply #736 on: March 04, 2021, 08:38:13 pm »
Dining chairs are way better than any silly gaming or office chair.
hey man, my gaming chair is a good one. never any backpain. shit's solid.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #737 on: March 05, 2021, 09:09:24 pm »
My Dining chair too. And it was just 10 bucks

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #738 on: March 06, 2021, 01:33:25 am »
Not really about a PC build specifically but anyone got any recommendation on 240hz monitors. I want to upgrade sometime in the next week or two but don't want to spend more than maybe £250-400. Both my current monitors are hella old.
I'm not a monitor buff, but just be aware that you need to be a bit careful buying monitors, as lots of companies will put (for example) 240 Hz which in reality is only achievable using an overdrive mode (think like RAM XMP overclocking but on a monitor) which is genuinely bad and gives massive overshoot, seen as visual artefacts like ghosting. I'm not saying this will necessarily happen, but a good monitor with a "lower" refresh rate can give you a far better experience than a cheap monitor with a "higher" refresh rate.
I'd recommend Hardware Unboxed on Youtube, they have some great monitor reviews and are pretty unbiased.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 06, 2021, 05:40:56 am »
Thats usually not a problem anymore. The way to tell is the monitor will be advertised for 144Hz but the description will include the boost.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #740 on: March 07, 2021, 01:36:00 am »
The cheaper brands absolutely still do. Not to say that there aren't good monitors at entry level pricing, but there's still significant difference between monitors at the same price point with similar specs.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #741 on: March 07, 2021, 03:49:08 pm »
Not really about a PC build specifically but anyone got any recommendation on 240hz monitors. I want to upgrade sometime in the next week or two but don't want to spend more than maybe £250-400. Both my current monitors are hella old.
I'm not a monitor buff, but just be aware that you need to be a bit careful buying monitors, as lots of companies will put (for example) 240 Hz which in reality is only achievable using an overdrive mode (think like RAM XMP overclocking but on a monitor) which is genuinely bad and gives massive overshoot, seen as visual artefacts like ghosting. I'm not saying this will necessarily happen, but a good monitor with a "lower" refresh rate can give you a far better experience than a cheap monitor with a "higher" refresh rate.
I'd recommend Hardware Unboxed on Youtube, they have some great monitor reviews and are pretty unbiased.
I'll have a look thanks. That's why I was looking for some recommendations as I don't wanna waste all that money on a meh monitor.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 23, 2021, 03:59:31 pm »
If anyone has some lower end cards they don't need I am looking to grab one. Was looking at picking up a 980 or lower end 10 series card for my 2nd PC but would rather buy from someone I know.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #743 on: March 23, 2021, 05:34:45 pm »
If anyone has some lower end cards they don't need I am looking to grab one. Was looking at picking up a 980 or lower end 10 series card for my 2nd PC but would rather buy from someone I know.
I think Hertz is upgrading from a 980 soon you might be able to get his one off him when he does.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 23, 2021, 05:49:35 pm »
I think Hertz is upgrading from a 980 soon you might be able to get his one off him when he does.
He has a 970 and he said not till next year so..

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #745 on: March 23, 2021, 09:30:46 pm »
He has a 970 and he said not till next year so..

if everything works out I'll be able to sell my 970 by the summer
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 24, 2021, 04:02:27 pm »
I literally just bought one. A little on the expensive side but it probably would have came to around the same as if I bought from you along with the shipping.

Offline FSE123

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: April 07, 2021, 11:29:29 am »
Alright thanks for the comments.

What is SLI actually what does it do? I'm not experienced with these terms, I apology. But I'd like to know it before I buy something. xd

SLI = Scalable Link Interface
is a multi-GPU technology from Nvidia, which enables the interconnection of two or more graphics chips to increase performance when rendering (SLI Frame Rendering) or the use of up to four screens (SLI Multi View). :)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #748 on: April 07, 2021, 08:58:51 pm »
This GPU shortage is killing me.... I want a new 3000 series card. At this point I’ll have to wait for 4000.

Offline John Price

• General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: April 07, 2021, 09:02:51 pm »
What do you have already?