Author Topic: Gaming PC Builds  (Read 77610 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Gaming PC Builds
« Reply #750 on: April 07, 2021, 09:28:53 pm »
What do you have already?

Sapphire RX580 Nitro+

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #751 on: April 11, 2021, 11:52:35 am »
Anyone know much about headphones? My current cheap logitech one is falling apart and I'm looking for something decent, although I'm certainly not an audiophile.

Currently looking at a Sennheiser 560S, or possibly a 599 if it comes down in price.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #752 on: April 11, 2021, 12:49:35 pm »
I can certaintly give you a hand MrTiki!

Any particular reason you are looking at Open Ear headphones? Or just what you found around your pricepoint? I have had my HD650's for almost 7 or 8 years now and they have definitely been great.

Bought for £450 on sale
[close]

And although they were definitely a good purchase I would still say I would have preferred to go Closed Back headphones. You don't really get the full benefit out of surround as well as no noise canceling (not sure if thats something you care about). Bass can also drown out in some songs as well unless you go for the super expensive audiophile headphones like my ones.

I bought these for one of my clients a while back:

https://www.richersounds.com/headphones/all-headphones/sennheiser-rs175-u-black.html

He absolutely loves them and although you can find them for about £30 more than the ones, they have a lot of  benefits including being wireless. Open ear headphones are still great though, at that price point you won't find any better ones than the ones you found really.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 11, 2021, 04:30:13 pm »
I was only planning on using them at my home PC, both gaming and music, not for listening to music out and about, so I wasn't worried about sound bleeding out, and I don't really need noise canceling, certainly wouldn't pay extra for it.
With that in mind, and in terms of comfort and sound quality/stage I figured that open backed would be preferable to closed for me.

At the moment £200 is the upper limit of what I'm willing to budget as it'll still be a massive improvement over my current headset, although would prefer to spend less obviously.

I've heard recommendations about getting a DAC/Amp for good headphones but would sort of prefer not to shell out more money if it doesn't really make much difference. Any thoughts on that front?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #754 on: April 11, 2021, 05:35:18 pm »
Nah, you wouldn't get such a big difference that you would notice. Even if you do it would be farely marginal compared to the cost.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline progamer26

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 21, 2021, 04:09:46 pm »
Hi guys :)

I'm currently looking for a new laptop for gaming purposes. I'd prefer a laptop as I can't (nor do I want to) put much work into it myself. I don't really know what to look for though and I hoped I could get some information / inspiration here.

Thanks in advance :)

Einem ist Krieg Spiel, einem ist Spiel Krieg.
© Manfred Hinrich (1926 - 2015), Dr. phil., deutscher Philosoph, Philologe, Lehrer, Journalist, Kinderliederautor, Aphoristiker und Schriftsteller

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #756 on: April 21, 2021, 04:15:39 pm »

I'm currently looking for a new laptop for gaming purposes. I'd prefer a laptop as I can't (nor do I want to) put much work into it myself. I don't really know what to look for though and I hoped I could get some information / inspiration here.

I’d advise on saving for a proper pc tbh. Laptops are more practiced but are generally slower for gaming.
At the moment cause of covid prices for parts are high, it’s easier to get pixy dust than graphics cards. If you are really interested in a laptop tho, go for one with a high power usage, a graphics card such as a GTX1650 or Radeon equivalent. For processer I’d recommend i5 or a ryzen 5 as well as a 144 hrtz screen. All of this is expensive tho so depending on your budget depends on what you will be able to afford ofc.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 21, 2021, 08:28:31 pm »
A set of brand new laptops is being released using new AMD processors which are much more efficient for the same performance.

As Blitz asked, what budget are you looking at? What kind of games did you have in mind? Will you use it on the go/do you need good battery life?

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #758 on: April 22, 2021, 04:15:17 pm »

Legion laptops by Lenovo are pretty good
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Skaen

« Reply #759 on: June 26, 2021, 04:49:00 pm »
Hey guys

I'm going to study again in September and they said I needed a decent Laptop. It will run some demanding programs as I'm going to study programming. They recommended to buy one with an i7 or a Ryzen equivalent with also a somewhat strong GPU. I guess a 1080 Ti is fine or whatevs. It also had to have 16 GB's of RAM.

I found this one already Click but I'm also open to any other suggestions.

The website is in Dutch but here are the specs:

i7 Processor.
RTX 2070 MAX-Q
16 GB RAM
1000 GB SSD Storage

Maybe important; I won't use this laptop for gaming.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: June 29, 2021, 10:11:44 pm »
If you're not gaming on it you can definitely save a LOT of money:
1) That graphics card is overkill, plus RTX (real time raytracing) will be irrelevant.
2) There would be an argument for Intel CPUs when it comes to gaming, but AMD mops the floor with them when it comes to productivity

This laptop has one of the best CPUs (4800H) for productivity of the previous generation:
https://www.coolblue.be/nl/product/869955/lenovo-legion-5-15arh05h-82b100b5mb-azerty.html

It's like 40-50% faster than the Intel CPU in the laptop you listed (10750H) in things like encoding, code compilation.
So you'll get better performance (unless you're doing graphic design or something as well?) and save a lot of money. Hope that helps!

Skaen

« Reply #761 on: June 29, 2021, 10:43:04 pm »
If you're not gaming on it you can definitely save a LOT of money:
1) That graphics card is overkill, plus RTX (real time raytracing) will be irrelevant.
2) There would be an argument for Intel CPUs when it comes to gaming, but AMD mops the floor with them when it comes to productivity

This laptop has one of the best CPUs (4800H) for productivity of the previous generation:
https://www.coolblue.be/nl/product/869955/lenovo-legion-5-15arh05h-82b100b5mb-azerty.html

It's like 40-50% faster than the Intel CPU in the laptop you listed (10750H) in things like encoding, code compilation.
So you'll get better performance (unless you're doing graphic design or something as well?) and save a lot of money. Hope that helps!
Yeah it's just for programming (apps, games, software, etc...). I have photoshop and other graphics design tools on my main PC, so that's not really a problem. I'm gonna get this one then. Is indeed a bit cheaper. Thanks a lot. :)

Offline Bunvald

• Volunteer
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 13, 2021, 05:13:53 pm »
Is it profitable now to buy last year's top models of laptops for games?

Offline mikakenzoiz

• Volunteer
  • Banned!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 21, 2021, 10:14:38 pm »
*snip*
« Last Edit: October 18, 2022, 04:56:28 pm by Scottish Unicorn »

Skaen

« Reply #764 on: September 07, 2021, 09:17:43 am »
Yo, I am looking for a new headset. And preferably wired. Which has phenomenal audio quality aswell as very comfortable ear cups. I don't mind the price. I had a few wireless headsets now like the A50 from Astro, but they always give up on me for some reason. Does anyone know some good ones? I'm kind of an audiophile person because I listen to a lot of music as well. I do understand that wired headsets might not give audio quality as good as wireless give in some cases but, I am sure there are some good ones out there.