0 (0%)
ISIS
12 (22.2%)
and
27 (50%)
the Middle East
12 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Syria, Iraq, ISIS, and the Middle East.  (Read 11128 times)

Offline Dazzer

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Syria, Iraq, ISIS, and the Middle East.
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2015, 04:27:44 pm »
Isn't that strange to have a NATO signature when one of the member countries, Turkey, is apparently helping ISIS?
lel, no. It's just annoying, the same thing like #prayforparis

You know what also is annoying? Your existence.

#SaltyAsFuck
yes, we know :/

Offline Danik

• First Lieutenant
  • Better than Justin Bieber since 1960
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2015, 08:50:47 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

#rekISIS
That's so funny and ironic because Germany and NATO as a whole is doing nothing against ISIS, and Turkey is buying oil from them while you post shit about Russia for bombing terrorist groups in Syria. What have Luftwaffe done the last 20 years?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Air_Force#2010s

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2015, 09:10:44 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

#rekISIS
That's so funny and ironic because Germany and NATO as a whole is doing nothing against ISIS, and Turkey is buying oil from them while you post shit about Russia for bombing terrorist groups in Syria. What have Luftwaffe done the last 20 years?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Air_Force#2010s

-- > Kosovo, Afghanistan, Air Policing with NATO at the eastern borders

Now I am interested in what  the Norwegian airforce has done over the last 20 years.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 09:12:31 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<

Offline MarshalKim

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2015, 10:22:54 pm »
NATO is lame
Massive job loss will take place, but if left allowed to, the market will adapt. I just don't want my job to be taken away from me, tbh.

Offline Colonel Howe

• Donator
  • There isn't a noose tight enough
    • View Profile
    • People's History Podcast
  • Nick: Noah
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2015, 12:49:03 am »
Fuck off, Nazi scum

Offline Grantrithor

• Second Lieutenant
  • <><><><>
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2015, 02:28:02 am »
NATO is lame

We should make our own organization about pimpin hoes and saving the environment
BATO - Bitches and Trees Organization.

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2015, 04:52:16 am »
The US has already lost. Years of ineffectual blundering and bizarre, humiliating statements like "we don't have a plan yet" on their part. Now Putin steps in, the model of decisiveness and conviction, to clean up the mess.

Because America still hasnt fucking learned 2 things from over a decade of war in the Middle East:

1) Its hypocritical as fuck to pick and choose which oppressive regimes to support

2) Removing leaders that, although oppressive, are lynchpins in maintaining stability in a region is an awful fucking idea.

Why am I still here

Offline Rejenorst

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2015, 11:56:45 am »
A Turkish prosecutor has asked for the arrest of senior commanders in a case involving Syria-bound trucks sent by Turkey’s National Intelligence Agency (MİT) and as part of an investigation into the alleged creation of a fake terrorist group called Selam Tevhid, in which U.S.-based Islamic scholar Fethullah Gülen is a suspect along with 121 others.

Istanbul Deputy Chief Prosecutor İrfan Fidan interrogated Ankara Gendarmerie Regional Commander Maj. Gen. İbrahim Aydın, Brig. Gen. Hamza Celepoğlu and Ret. Col. Burhanettin Cihangiroğlu on Nov. 28 and sent them to court appealing for their arrest on Nov. 29.

The subject of the MİT’s purported arms deliveries to Syria has been high on the country’s agenda in the wake of Turkey’s downing of a Russian jet on Nov. 24, and the arrest of two prominent journalists, daily Cumhuriyet Editor-in-Chief Can Dündar and Ankara Bureau Chief Erdem Gül, on Nov. 26 on charges of collecting and revealing secret documents for espionage and supporting (though not being a member of) an armed terrorist organization. The accusations against Dündar and Gül were based on reports in Cumhuriyet regarding the Syria-bound MİT trucks.

“By stopping MİT trucks and checking what was inside, they announced it to the world through espionage. What did they say then? They said, ‘These [trucks] are providing weapons for a terrorist organization.’ They exposed the humanitarian assistance which was sent to Bayırbucak Turkmens in this way. They exposed what was sent to the Free Syrian Army [FSA] in this way,” President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said on Nov. 28.

In January 2014, trucks belonging to the MİT were stopped by a prosecutor who sought to have the gendarmerie search the vehicles in the southern province of Adana before they crossed into Syria. Claiming that the trucks were carrying “humanitarian aid to Turkmens” in the war-torn country, the Turkish government accused followers of Gülen in the judiciary and security institutions of illegally ordering the search.

In February 2014, a ban was imposed on the publication of reports about the search, and in April 2015 a Turkish court arrested 17 active soldiers who stopped the trucks.

There has long been speculation that the aid was actually being sent to jihadists in Syria.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkish-prosecutor-seeks-arrest-of-senior-commanders-in-case-of-intel-trucks-to-syria-.aspx?pageID=238&nID=91830&NewsCatID=341
Spoiler

[close]

Offline MaxLam

• Colonel
  • Founder of Minisiege, EU_Commander & Mininaval
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Wars Public
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2015, 03:41:16 pm »
Which country arrest a prosectuor because he arrested a truck carrying weapons ("humanitarian aid")? Was he supposed to know anything about the MIT activities? This country is a shame.

Offline MrTiki

• Former Moderator
  • Senior Madmin EU
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MrTiki
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2015, 04:43:12 pm »
http://www.ibtimes.com/turkeys-president-erdogan-demands-life-sentence-whistleblower-journalist-1951742
I found this article slightly easier to understand (mainly the phrasing of it).

This is why Turkey will never join the EU, at least while Erdogan is in power.
I don't believe there's any evidence as to which rebel groups the arms were going to (that I found in a brief search), but I hope it was to opposition in Syria rather than IS.
Tbh I'm almost surprised that Erdogan hasn't tried pissing off IS on purpose so they attack Turkey and he can use it as an excuse for beefing up security and becoming even more authoritarian than he already is. Then again, I guess it may reflect badly on his election platform of stability, so maybe he'd rather try to keep them ambivalent to him and be judged "successful" by keeping relative stability.

Offline Augy

• Major General
  • Anarchist. Absurdist. Existentialist. Man. Human.
    • View Profile
    • The Royal Recruits
  • Nick: -[TRR]- Cpt. Augy
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2015, 06:04:00 pm »
Nice try with your cute article, Duuring. But its just idiotic youth followers of the Kurdish National Council, they are illegitimate Oil Barons that try to hold on to power.

You have failed once again in your spineless effort to downplay the YPG, keep at it though because its entertaining. Really shows how afraid you and your ilk are of an ideology that openly critiques the state systems' many failings, and even more concerning for statists, it actually implements alternative modes of organization/solutions.
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.” -Terence McKenna

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2015, 01:50:55 am »
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 03, 2015, 01:13:13 am »
Its time folks  8)

Why am I still here

Offline Ted

• Colonel
  • Aufknöpfen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 03, 2015, 09:48:06 pm »
Sorry, wrong thread
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 09:54:04 pm by Ted »
Dat kid who put up a global banlist back in Betty's times.
Former Regiments: 7te Kurmarkische Landwehr, 6te Ulanen, kk Kürassierregiment Nr.4, kk Bombardier-Regiment Nr.3, kk AR Nr.2, GGR Nr.4, Artillerie im Kö.Preuß.IR Nr.33.
>>Scenes<<