Author Topic: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 7 (Final)  (Read 53051 times)

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Sign-ups Open 6/8 teams!
« Reply #90 on: June 23, 2021, 01:34:28 pm »
Nonsense. This is the same as banning the 15th and 92nd from tournaments altogether (like EIC,RGL).
If you want a fair tournament, let's then play against us on RU servers?  :D

Exaaaaactly!

Specially the english player base Rigg tournaments to their own benefit.

All the Eastern Europeans if they get lucky, play on a german server. But even then the english bitch around so that they can play on a French Server against you because of the lag.
I know you claim the French Server to be "better". It's not about that.
It's unfair to handicap others so hard that you can get few fps more or slighty better ping.

Nock

« Reply #91 on: June 23, 2021, 01:34:41 pm »
The only solution is to let the 19th pick the pairings

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
« Reply #92 on: June 23, 2021, 01:38:18 pm »
I don't understand the ban of the team of 92nd and 55th. If you are saying that they are too strong together, it is your subjective opinion. I am not saying anything about the other teams, but let's just disband all other teams and make the ranking list of the regiments. Then you can pair them up according to this statisticks. That would be fair for everyone. But banning one team when the other teams are completed means exluding them from the tournament. If you are afraid of them, just say it directely. There is no need to hide your fears ^^

True apply it to everyone.

Only way it's fair:

Best regiment plays with worst
Second best regiment plays with second worst
etc.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #93 on: June 23, 2021, 01:42:22 pm »
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/getinvolveddonate/
In Regiment participating?: (if so which?) 45thN
Prior Experience/Comment: EIC, GLBT,  NWBC and last years 2v2
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #94 on: June 23, 2021, 01:55:57 pm »
Hey Belgium/France you cant play at the EC because you too strong.

Really don't understand why 92nd/55th wouldnt be allowed. If you too weak get good.

unironically trying to get your stacked team by pulling the "we are shit in 1v1s" card. Especially after Sunday, the 55th can be counted as a "top" regiment (ie contending for titles), you have the roster for it and now you have the tournament win to back it up. This tournament in the past has been geared towards avoiding "stacked" coalitions and Kincaid has stated that he wishes to continue this rule, so either accept his decision or don't play.

By that logic 15thYR and 77y should never been allowed to play in the first place as 15thYR was the number one regiment since 1 or 2 years already and 77y with Gaz leading it stopped many good regiments in many tournaments from ever winning a title by simply knocking them out of the tournament (for example 55th was beaten by the 77y in the loserbrackets of the EIC) + the fact that 77y has also a very track record.

Nobody complained about that team being made because in all honestly I like a good fucking fight, something to be excited about to fight in the near future/final stages of the tournament.
So why the fuck wouldnt you allow an equal team to that of the 15thYR/77y and 71st/96y.

It has always been that in a tournament that you are going to have some favorites to take the title but that shouldnt mean that just because a decent competitive team is formed that they get refused to play in this tournament.

That also includes using the excuse of ''well 55th won the RGT guess that means you are a top dog regiment all round with not a single flaw'' that simply doenst uphold, who knows it might be an one time thing.
For regiments like the 15thYR and the 92nd you can make a case that those are your consistent threats to the titles of any tournament on a regimental base as they have been going tow to tow for sometime now.
I see plenty of good regiments and coalitions in this tournament with each their strong and weak points but nothing completely out of balance to the point where you can say well this tournament is a default win for this coalition and yes this prediction of mine also includes the 92nd and 55th team.

Excluding our team would result in just removing a nice competitive challenge to look and work forward to.

I think I have said enough on this matter on behalf of the 92nd&55th coalition, Kincaid can render his decision as he likes with the newly given arguments and we will await his responds.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #95 on: June 23, 2021, 01:58:55 pm »
unironically trying to get your stacked team by pulling the "we are shit in 1v1s" card. Especially after Sunday, the 55th can be counted as a "top" regiment (ie contending for titles), you have the roster for it and now you have the tournament win to back it up. This tournament in the past has been geared towards avoiding "stacked" coalitions and Kincaid has stated that he wishes to continue this rule, so either accept his decision or don't play.

Ignoring that the 55th lost to the 77y a couple of months ago benefits you how? Makes you look disingenuous, especially when the roster used there is almost identical to our current active roster.
I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

There are 2 players I can see that aren’t currently active in the 55th on that side. The leadership is the same, and there are ~5 additions that would probably play in the 2v2. It’s basically the same lineup, and for you to pretend the 55th is on par with the 15th and 92nd in 1v1s is comical, frankly. Using a 10v10 groupfighting win as apparently representing the 55th’s ability in a larger line battle format is illogical, as is calling a team consisting of the 92nd and 55th stacked for this tournament.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:00:46 pm by Gibby Jr »
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #96 on: June 23, 2021, 02:00:27 pm »
Nonsense. This is the same as banning the 15th and 92nd from tournaments altogether (like EIC,RGL).

Exaaaaactly!

All the Eastern Europeans if they get lucky, play on a german server. But even then the english bitch around so that they can play on a French Server against you because of the lag.
It's unfair to handicap others so hard that you can get few fps more or slighty better ping.

I don't really care about the ping, it was a joke. But if you touched on this topic then I will write. A lot of players (Russians, Turks and others) left NW due to the fact that all tournaments took place on a French host. And there is a big difference when you play with 80-90 ping and 50-60 ping. But it is surprising when people start crying when their ping has increased from 20 to 30. Competing with a ping of 80 versus 20 is unrealistic (in terms of groupfight)

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 23, 2021, 02:04:38 pm »

Ignoring that the 55th lost to the 77y a couple of months ago benefits you how? Makes you look disingenuous, especially when the roster used there is almost identical to our current active roster.
I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

There are 2 players I can see that aren’t currently active in the 55th on that side. The leadership is the same, and there are ~5 additions that would probably play in the 2v2. It’s basically the same lineup, and for you to pretend the 55th is on par with the 15th and 92nd in 1v1s is comical, frankly. Using a 10v10 groupfighting win as apparently representing the 55th’s ability in a larger line battle format is illogical, as is calling a team consisting of the 92nd and 55th stacked for this tournament.
Don't get me wrong, I think this coalition should be allowed. But this is such a dogshit argument that you guys have been making in this thread. A grand total of 3 players in that 55th EIC screenshot actually played in your 10v10 lineup in the final. You added 7 people in total, two of which are Extazz and Zeyden who are easily in the top 5 EU players. Extazz is top 1 right now. That EIC 55th and the current 55th are two completely different regiments in terms of capabilities and player-base.

Online Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #98 on: June 23, 2021, 02:06:56 pm »

I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

Don't get me wrong, I think this coalition should be allowed. But this is such a dogshit argument that you guys have been making in this thread. A grand total of 3 players in that 55th EIC screenshot actually played in your 10v10 lineup in the final. You added 7 people in total, two of which are Extazz and Zeyden who are easily in the top 5 EU players. Extazz is top 1 right now. That EIC 55th and the current 55th are two completely different regiments in terms of capabilities and player-base.

Sir Folkas more like Sir Pidoras
+1

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
« Reply #99 on: June 23, 2021, 02:10:15 pm »

I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

55th played well and deserved their last tournament win, but 1v1/2v2 is totally different to a Groupfight.

I think it's cowardice to not allow 92nd/55th. Would be different if 92nd/15thYR would pair up, since they are proven to be the two best regiments atm.

You can't cancel someone for beeing to good when they don't have the records for it. I mean 92nd and 55th won once each since COVID, how many titles did 15th and 77y win?

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
« Reply #100 on: June 23, 2021, 02:16:39 pm »

Exaaaaactly!

I don't really care about the ping, it was a joke. But if you touched on this topic then I will write. A lot of players (Russians, Turks and others) left NW due to the fact that all tournaments took place on a French host. And there is a big difference when you play with 80-90 ping and 50-60 ping. But it is surprising when people start crying when their ping has increased from 20 to 30. Competing with a ping of 80 versus 20 is unrealistic (in terms of groupfight)

Atleast they can put some palmares on their FSE/Steam Profile, because they can't get them irl.

I bet their parents are proud their son can beat someone with more than double their ping.

Online Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #101 on: June 23, 2021, 02:17:50 pm »

Exaaaaactly!

Atleast they can put some palmares on their FSE/Steam Profile.

I bet their parents are proud their son can beat someone with more than double their ping.
If I was Desant's dad I'd be proud on him.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #102 on: June 23, 2021, 02:20:23 pm »
Spoiler
Hey Belgium/France you cant play at the EC because you too strong.

Really don't understand why 92nd/55th wouldnt be allowed. If you too weak get good.

By that logic 15thYR and 77y should never been allowed to play in the first place as 15thYR was the number one regiment since 1 or 2 years already and 77y with Gaz leading it stopped many good regiments in many tournaments from ever winning a title by simply knocking them out of the tournament (for example 55th was beaten by the 77y in the loserbrackets of the EIC) + the fact that 77y has also a very track record.

Nobody complained about that team being made because in all honestly I like a good fucking fight, something to be excited about to fight in the near future/final stages of the tournament.
So why the fuck wouldnt you allow an equal team to that of the 15thYR/77y and 71st/96y.

It has always been that in a tournament that you are going to have some favorites to take the title but that shouldnt mean that just because a decent competitive team is formed that they get refused to play in this tournament.

That also includes using the excuse of ''well 55th won the RGT guess that means you are a top dog regiment all round with not a single flaw'' that simply doenst uphold, who knows it might be an one time thing.
For regiments like the 15thYR and the 92nd you can make a case that those are your consistent threats to the titles of any tournament on a regimental base as they have been going tow to tow for sometime now.
I see plenty of good regiments and coalitions in this tournament with each their strong and weak points but nothing completely out of balance to the point where you can say well this tournament is a default win for this coalition and yes this prediction of mine also includes the 92nd and 55th team.

Excluding our team would result in just removing a nice competitive challenge to look and work forward to.

I think I have said enough on this matter on behalf of the 92nd&55th coalition, Kincaid can render his decision as he likes with the newly given arguments and we will await his responds.
[close]

The 77y beating 55th argument is pretty pointless, the 55th has a much better roster then the 77y, just horrendous leadership in comparison. Need I also remind you that the IVe 45e beat the 77y in EIC (ie the reason the 77y were in the loser bracket in the first place), are you also going to argue that the 15th shouldn't be allowed to play with the IVe as a result?
The reality is, your team is made up of the best linebattle regiment currently, 92nd (based from EIC) and currently the strongest 10v10 gf regiment (55th) which has a fairly impressive number of skilled members, enough to fill out the ranks of their line in a 2v2 match. It is absolutely undeniable that your team would be by far the strongest regarding skill of members, with your only downside being the fact that rayleigh can't lead. I don't have a problem if you guys are allowed to team up, but if you are allowed to team, I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to team with the 45thn for example. (this is not something I would desire as it would go against the spirit of the tournament)

Spoiler

I mean look:
Spoiler
[close]

[close]
Teams are judged on their roster as a whole, the reality is the 55th have a large portion of top tier players in nw currently, and this showed on the weekend during rgt, you can't show an example of you losing a 1v1 with a dog roster and then proceed to argue why this shows you aren't very good. I'm fairly certain if you guys replayed that 1v1 with all of the players you had on Sunday, you would absolutely smash 77y.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2021, 02:22:19 pm by Gi »

Online 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
« Reply #103 on: June 23, 2021, 02:28:56 pm »
Hi all,

Don't really know why this has spiralled out of control as my stance on stacked teams in both NWBC and this tournament has always been clear - a general rule of any regiments making it to semi's in the last major tournament not being able to pair up together. I don't think adhering to this is by any means unreasonable or obstructive to the participants, especially in this case where the two regiments actually claimed 1st place in the last two tournaments - you've slaked your palmare thirst I would have thought!!

In any case I'll try to answer the main bones of contention which have been thrown my way:

The first is that it is unreasonable to compare this to the most recent RGT tournament; to this I would say that this is far more comparable to the 2v2 since due to our rule set of including an all charge (which often has been triggered especially towards knock-outs) the importance of melee skill should by no means be under understated.

The second point mainly focuses around peoples objection that this team was rejected whilst teams such as the 15th/77y & 96y/71st were not; to this I will say the skill level is extremely close and has put me in an awkward position as the organiser, I have however opted to maintain these teams for the following reasons:
The 15th and 77y should have the ability to defend their title from last year and based upon performance from the last few tournaments I would still consider the 77y a mid-tier(3) reg, despite having obviously superb leadership from Gaz. The 71st and 96y it is reasonable to say are mid-high tier(2) regs at present, just missing the bar of being in the semis recently. If I were to reject one of these teams I would have to reject both and coupled with the fact that there aren't many more regiments at the mid-low tier to actually be claimed I don't even think it would be practical to ask 3 currently formed teams to find new partners.

Spoiler
FYI as a general rule this may best illustrate my thought process here (acceptable teams reaching a value of 4 or greater):
15th, 92nd, 55th (tier1)
71st, 96y (tier2)
77y(tier3)

15th & 77y (total 4)
71st & 96y (total 4)
55th & 92nd (total 2)
[close]

I hope this clarifies somewhat why I have made the decision. Honestly thankyou for all the comments as to me it shows that at least this tournament does matter to everyone and I have tried my best to ensure it is enjoyable and as fair as possible. If you have any comments further on the subject please take it to PM's, otherwise as Nightwing has said get messaging him!! :)

Offline 77y_Lt_Gaz

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gaz
« Reply #104 on: June 24, 2021, 10:10:46 pm »
77y would have won every single 1v1 comp if i didn't voluntarily handicap myself with some of the worst nw players gods green earth has even seen,

Also thank you all for you kind words and support, love you all!

And if you ever want lessons on how to lead just give me a shout on steam il be more than happy to share my vast well of knowledge and experience and For The Low Low Price Of £3.99.49 Even YOU Can Lead Circles Round Better Rostered Teams (Results may vary)