1 (50%)
Diamondbacks
0 (0%)
Phillies
0 (0%)
Rangers
1 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Author Topic: Baseball Thread  (Read 69208 times)

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Baseball Thread [World Series 18']
« Reply #285 on: October 09, 2018, 03:53:59 am »
Braves and the Indians were both knocked out on Columbus Day.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #286 on: October 09, 2018, 03:59:55 am »
Braves and the Indians were both knocked out on Columbus Day.
Sadly  :'(

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fartknocker
« Reply #287 on: October 09, 2018, 04:22:03 am »
Sevy is GARBAGE in the playoffs jesus
63e pawn in an anti-63e world.

Oatmeal

« Reply #288 on: October 10, 2018, 06:10:48 am »
giancarlo is fuckin garbage, thought gary went yard

go dodgers

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #289 on: October 10, 2018, 07:10:33 am »
4 teams left boyz

sox > houston
brewers > dodgers

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: October 10, 2018, 08:19:45 am »
That one hurt

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #291 on: October 10, 2018, 04:10:00 pm »
Judge and Giancarlo were bad, very very bad this time around. Seems as if the Yanks didn't show the cohesiveness as they did last year.

Offline Xethos

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oprichnik_Marshal_Xethos
« Reply #292 on: October 10, 2018, 04:42:33 pm »
4 teams left boyz

sox > houston
brewers > dodgers

I don't know, if Kershaw pitches like he did in the division series, I like the Dodgers' chances. They have four good starters they can run out there who, Dave Roberts willing, can get more than halfway through a game. Counsell hasn't given his starters inning all year long (even Chacin averaged 5.5). I'd like to see the Brewers win just because I like the idea of the team with the most wins in their league winning a pennant, but starting pitching has won an awful lot of series .

Boston has Sale and a better offense, at least, but Houston have six starters on their roster, three of whom averaged more than 6 innings (which isn't that great, but it means they're surviving the modern bullpen fetish an inning longer than most of the league).

If Houston's and LA's starters falter, they're in trouble, but I think I like their chances more than the teams who rely entirely on their bullpen.
04:25:13 - [Cup_of_Tea] Hey Xethos! I bet you're a gentleman of less than reputable quality!

Offline fireboy

• Colonel
  • 84th/45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Fireboy
« Reply #293 on: October 10, 2018, 06:52:31 pm »
Is this where I talk about the patriots are gonna beat the chiefs?
[AEF/55th]Anthony 7:12 PM:
you have such a basic style/skillset
but you have the highest ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ GFing IQ i know

Offline ~NickCole~

• Brigadier General
  • Your nans
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 093
« Reply #294 on: October 10, 2018, 06:53:08 pm »
Houston has the best starting rotation by a mile over everyone & with a healthy team can defeat Boston.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #295 on: October 10, 2018, 09:20:19 pm »
4 teams left boyz

sox > houston
brewers > dodgers

I don't know, if Kershaw pitches like he did in the division series, I like the Dodgers' chances. They have four good starters they can run out there who, Dave Roberts willing, can get more than halfway through a game. Counsell hasn't given his starters inning all year long (even Chacin averaged 5.5). I'd like to see the Brewers win just because I like the idea of the team with the most wins in their league winning a pennant, but starting pitching has won an awful lot of series .

Boston has Sale and a better offense, at least, but Houston have six starters on their roster, three of whom averaged more than 6 innings (which isn't that great, but it means they're surviving the modern bullpen fetish an inning longer than most of the league).

If Houston's and LA's starters falter, they're in trouble, but I think I like their chances more than the teams who rely entirely on their bullpen.
I pretty much agree. Houston is a beast and so are the Dodgers but LA always seems to flop in the post season for some reason so yeah while I think they're gonna beat Milwaukee technically I think it's an easy upset for the Brewers. Red Sox have a lot of the pieces they needed to get this far and if David Price could win a playoff game or even play well in the playoffs for once in his life and if the Sox have some good starts it could be a closer series than you think.

also

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #296 on: October 10, 2018, 11:11:40 pm »
If Verlander, Morton, and Cole can hold the Mookie and the Sox at bay, then they have a pretty good chance of winning provided they go for more than 6 innings.  Altuve and Springer have to pick up their game though.  If the divisional against the Yankees showed us anything, even a minor screwup from the Houston starters or bullpen is gonna end badly.

Offline Fartknocker

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 10, 2018, 11:47:09 pm »
Judge and Giancarlo were bad, very very bad this time around. Seems as if the Yanks didn't show the cohesiveness as they did last year.
It's because Girardi was the key. Boone is not a good manager but hopefully we improve next year with Bryce Harper on the team.

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #298 on: October 11, 2018, 06:05:04 am »
It's because Girardi was the key. Boone is not a good manager but hopefully we improve next year with Bryce Harper on the team.

Judge didn't do that bad. He just didn't hit bombs, only 2 in 4 games. He had the best average on the Yankees at .375, going 6 for 16 and struck out twice. If that is garbage, then I have to know what "okay" is.

Giancarlo was bad though. He had a .222 average, going 4 for 18 striking out six times.

If Verlander, Morton, and Cole can hold the Mookie and the Sox at bay, then they have a pretty good chance of winning provided they go for more than 6 innings.  Altuve and Springer have to pick up their game though.  If the divisional against the Yankees showed us anything, even a minor screwup from the Houston starters or bullpen is gonna end badly.

Mookie went 3 for 3 against Cole this season, as well as going 2 for 3 against Morton. He hasn't faced Verlander this season though. Last season against Verlander he went 1 for 8... so maybe.

Offline Pickle

• Major
  • Old-timer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SoaR-Pickle
« Reply #299 on: October 11, 2018, 06:47:47 am »
Is this where I talk about the patriots are gonna beat the chiefs?
sox, pats, and celts are all taking titles this year

edit: fuck da jankees

edit: im drunk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 06:49:37 am by Pickle »