Author Topic: [CCL - S1] Questions & Suggestions  (Read 1512 times)

Offline CCL Official

• Board Moderator
  • Official account of the Cavalry Champions League
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
[CCL - S1] Questions & Suggestions
« on: January 06, 2019, 04:45:59 pm »

This thread is dedicated to potential suggestions and questions concerning the Cavalry Champions Leagues.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 03:53:56 pm by Shadey »

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
Re: [CCL] Questions & Suggestions
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 12:18:18 pm »
What speaks against referees reffing their own matches?

I mean, the rules during a match aren‘t as complicated so you couldn‘t enforce them and a good ref will always be able to ensure objectivity.
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 12:45:52 pm »
The problem is not about doing two things at the same time (enforcing rules and playing); as you said it yourself, it is not all that complicated.

However, and as you can easily imagine, the main issue with having someone referring their own match lays in the potential bias coming with the decisions taken, especially in the case of a dispute. The definition of a referee is that he is supposed to be the most neutral possible while carrying on with his task. If you are playing in a competitive contest and acting as a referee, your neutrality can easily come into question, and this no matter who you are.

The issue coming with bias isn't even necessarily always 'one-sided'. You can also end up taking the wrong decision due to being pressured by the other team questioning your impartiality.  I will quote you the issue I brought up during the 5v5 hosted by the 2Lr:

Next time it would be good if a referee which isn't from the regiments playing could show up. When you have to judge a really difficult situation at 5-4 in the match as a referee and a member of the team playing, your impartiality is always gonna be questioned by the other team even if you are right. Such a situation would and will be avoided with a neutral referee.

Obviously, in the unlikely scenario of an official match having properly been scheduled by both regiments (posted within the scheduling deadline) and not a single referee or admin being able to take it, we could allow that match to be referred by a member of a regiment playing, given their opponent agrees with it. But quite frankly, with only four official matches having to be played each week and already 11 referees application having been posted (without including the tournament admins), I highly doubt this will happen.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 12:50:52 pm by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5ehuss_Rec_Squall
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2019, 11:57:47 pm »

I propose an opening ceremony for example for the Olympic Games, each team represented will parade and a team photo for each regiment, and finally a photo all together to mark this new championship, in our cavalry community. 8) 8) 8) 8)
lol = ban

Offline ~Felix~

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nr4_Major_Felix
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2019, 01:29:14 am »

I propose an opening ceremony for example for the Olympic Games, each team represented will parade and a team photo for each regiment, and finally a photo all together to mark this new championship, in our cavalry community. 8) 8) 8) 8)

oof

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Board Moderator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2019, 01:57:56 am »

Nice idea, would be great to see it actually happen.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • Board Moderator
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2019, 03:00:34 am »
I mean, I like the idea in theory but practically speaking, a parade on NW can be very slow and tends to become boring rather quickly. Gathering 100+ players and making them stay for such a thing is going to be a struggle.

With that being said, if you can convince every single regiment leaders to get their members for such an event, before the first official matches happen, then sure. Either way, a picture with all the regiments participating in the CCL should be more than doable. ;)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2019, 03:04:02 am by Tardet »
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2019, 07:06:18 pm »
it could be fun to see this parade filmed and posted, the goal was to mark the cavalry community with regrouping and this new edition of league, after if some members do not wish to come, it does not matter
lol = ban

Offline Squall

• First Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2019, 10:01:01 pm »
Nice 1erRC same  8) 8)
lol = ban