Author Topic: "Two Boiz One Cup" | Cavalry 2v2-Tournament  (Read 13127 times)

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
  • Side: Neutral
Re: "Two Boiz One Cup" | Cavalry 2v2-Tournament
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2018, 10:27:57 pm »
Way too many trees... Thales will have like 10 fps on that map
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2018, 10:40:17 pm »
Way too many trees... Thales will have like 10 fps on that map

GameBoy Color?

Offline Lorucas

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Vencer o Morir | Πρώτο και έκτο
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 8th King's Royal Hussars
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #107 on: December 13, 2018, 06:35:41 pm »
Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow :'( so I can't attend to the tournament but Jesu (Jesussan) will take my place and play with Alessan tomorrow if they want, I'm sorry Posh :-[, same name and class dont worry about it.

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 13, 2018, 06:36:40 pm »
Unfortunately I have to work tomorrow :'( so I can't attend to the tournament but Jesu (Jesussan) will take my place and play with Alessan tomorrow if they want, I'm sorry Posh :-[, same name and class dont worry about it.
dw, send me his steam link via steam  :-\

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 13, 2018, 07:08:27 pm »
Les baguettes aka Erik and Sukesa won't attend, so ...

~Team-Application~
Teamname: 14pk Gang
Player One: Ghazi
Player Two: Zahari
Unit: Cuirassiers
Steam-links: Ghazi: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ghazi98/  Zahari: https://steamcommunity.com/id/z-h---

Accepted

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 14, 2018, 11:06:17 pm »
Ladies, gents, humans:

As a result of delays, teams that didn't show up without signing off and different views on how to proceed, not all matches were played tonight.
All final rounds will be played this weekend, at any time, whether 11am or 10pm, as long as you have a referee and can agree on a time with your opponent.

The following referees shall remain available: Posh, Goodest, Quinn.

The following matches came out:

Ghazi&MrsAnnoying vs Dokletian&Thales | Krishna&Foxii vs ExoFrance&Tardet | Squall&Thorvic vs Soartex&DeLaBedoyere | Treiz&Remao vs Olof&Simon

I would like to apologize again for the change of procedure - mistakes were made and I myself am dissatisfied with the course of these two hours.

Thanks again to all participants who did not make it any further in this tournament.
G'night.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 11:22:05 pm by stevve »

Offline Goodest

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 2Lr_Hauptgefreiter_Goodest
« Reply #111 on: December 14, 2018, 11:09:01 pm »
Ladies, gents, humans:

As a result of delays, teams that didn't show up without signing off and different views on how to proceed, not all matches were played tonight.
All final rounds will be played this weekend, at any time, whether 11am or 10pm, as long as you have a referee and can agree on a time with your opponent.

The following referees shall remain available: Posh, Goodest, Quinn.

The following matches came out:

Ghazi&Zahari vs Dokletian&Thales | Krishna&Foxii vs ExoFrance&Tardet | Squall&Thorvic vs Soartex&DeLaBedoyere | Treiz&Remao vs Olof&Simon

I would like to apologize again for the change of procedure - mistakes were made and I myself am dissatisfied with the course of these two hours.

Thanks again to all participants who did not make it any further in this tournament.
G'night.
why not 10:59 am - 10:01 pm?

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2018, 05:17:52 am »
So any news on how this ended?
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2018, 05:52:06 am »
Waiting for the final to be played, then everything will be posted. 

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2018, 06:45:37 pm »
Quarterfinals

Ghazi&MrsAnnoying | 4-7 | Dokletian&Thales
Krishna&Foxii | 7-2 | Exofrance&Tardet
Squall&Thorvic | 2-7 | Soartex&DeLaBedoyere
Treiz&Remao | 7-5 | Olof&Simon

Semifinals

Soartex&DeLaBedoyere | 7-6 | Treiz&Remao
Dokletian&Thales | 7-4 | Krishna&Foxii

The final between Team10 and Twins will take place tomorrow at 09:00pm CET.

Offline Dokletian

• Brigadier General
  • unironisch
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4e_Huss_Dokletian
« Reply #115 on: December 18, 2018, 09:26:40 pm »
doesn't matter if we won or not still best 2v2 team around!!!!!!
Can I just say that I’m really impressed with the cav community, 10x more mature than the inf community and a lot less tolerant of the cancerous players

Offline stevve

• Captain
  • yeeeeeet
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2018, 10:23:18 pm »
Soartex&DeLaBedoyere | 7-5 | Dokletian&Thales

Congrats to Team Twins, Soartex and DeLaBedoyere.

ree

name a more iconic duo
[close]

Also well played by Team10 and all the others teams.
Even though the whole tournament was quite clumsy, I hope that most of you had fun and the inexperienced players could take something with them.
But most importantly, many thanks to Zauberfisch, Quinn and the entire KGL for providing the server, to Lorucas for making the graphics and Soartex for making the map.

Cya at the Cavalry Champions League. honhonhonhon
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 06:27:40 am by stevve »

Offline QuinnML

• Major
  • NEC TIMEAS SIS JUSTUS
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Quinn
« Reply #117 on: December 19, 2018, 03:56:01 am »
Nice tournament, definitely ran well for your first tournament like this. Big props to you for your organisation.

Spoiler
But most importantly, many thanks to Zauberfisch, Quinn and the entire KGL for providing the server, to Lorucas for making the graphics and Soartex for making the map.

I did nothing special ofc but you are very welcome for the server

Loru those graphics are very sexy
[close]

Offline DeLaBedoyère

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 19, 2018, 01:51:47 pm »
Well played to the Team 10.

Anyways, thanks to Posh, and of course all the people that made possible that tournament.
bild.jpg

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #119 on: December 19, 2018, 04:35:42 pm »
Huge thanks to Posh for hosting that 2v2. Congratulations to Soartex And DeLaBedoyere for taking the title and Thales and Dokle for being one hell of a consistent duo. Here are a few bits of advice for the next tournament which came across my mind.

Spoiler
- If you actually have the numbers for it (which I believe you did) I would simply accept 10 other teams, make it 8 groups of five, and have two teams qualifying like a regular tournament. Exo and I went through as one of the two 'best' seconds simply because we got two default wins in our group, making our overall round difference better, but not necessarily meaning we were the ones who deserved it the most.

- I don't think it was a major issue, but then again, groups were weirdly seeded. I fully understand the reasoning of needing at least one referee per group, but I do wonder if it wouldn't have been possible to balance the groups a bit more. For instance, Group Stockholm was stacked with nearly five excellent teams, whereas in several other groups, including mine, you could tell who was going to qualify before the tournament even starts. Even while having perfect seeding, you can always end up having one group being seen as the group of death, but in the case of this 2v2, I believe the skill gaps were simply too huge between some groups.

- In the case of the tournament being played in two days, I would have tried to make the best out of it in one day, and if required, let people know in advance that some of the playoffs matches could be played the day after, at a specific time. When you stopped the tournament on the first night, I know some of the teams still in were actually looking forward to continuing playing because it wasn't that late. Even if you feel it's starting to get a bit late, ask the players themselves and see what they are up to. I am pretty sure we could have at least played all the quarter-finals on that night, making it way easier for everyone to organize and play the semi-finals and the finals on the day after.

- I am not sure wherever or not this is true or if one team actually went through with this, but people shouldn't be allowed to change their partner on the second day. Everyone knew it could potentially be on a tournament lasting on two days so if you register and you know you can't necessarily make the full extent of the tournament, then either you let another team get through or you give the default. It might be a bit harsh, but it's only fair for the other teams.

- Its an issue happening in every single tournament following that 'one-night' format, but you should have a rule preventing people to spawn in if they are not playing. If you suffer from hyperactivity, go on the group fighting server and ask your partner, a referee or the host himself to let you know when your match is starting but spawning in and killing each other in a row is super annoying for the teams fighting. Not everyone cares about it but it shouldn't be a big deal to stay in spec and watch other fightings till it's your turn unless you are a 3yo kid.
[close]

Don't want to look like I am only complaining, I believe every constructive criticism is good to take in order to improve a potential next edition. I really enjoyed myself, had a hell of a match against Thorvic and Squall in our group and I know Posh put a lot of time into planning this and wanted to make sure he was doing things the right way. This was a good tournament, pretty sure next one will be even better.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.