Author Topic: ♔9ème Régiment d'Infanterie Légère "Incomparable"(Recruiting Mature EU)♔  (Read 14455 times)

Offline MrVoodoo

• Sergeant Major
  • Captain of the Nr26
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Moodoo
  • Side: Union
So, I'm guessing the Cossacks is open to take for all people out there that didn't know?

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
So, I'm guessing the Cossacks is open to take for all people out there that didn't know?

That thread is locked and on the 21st page. The last post within it was on April 1st. I also stated in the Regiment List that it was disbanded to return to the 9th Light.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
The Cossacks thread is clearly locked. Thomas does not use that identity anymore.

Anyway, you can all see from this quote:
Suddenly, from the depths of page 31!

So.. this thread is still on the regiment list.. and.. uh.. I've changed so many times now once more won't effect anyone, because they don't care anymore..

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Bloody Hell..
That he began using the thread he had locked in November once again, with the intent of using the 9ème thread he had already made. Why would it make sense to make a new thread for something if you already have one? The bottom line is that he does have a thread, and he does have claim to the name as he came back to it before anyone else claimed it. A user can only claim one regiment at one time, and Thomas has done just that. There is no rule against changing your regiment identity as long as it does not encroach upon existing regiments.

And to end the regiment list ideas, the regiment list created by Sir Audiate is not an official compilation of existing regiments. It is a community-made thread used for organization and compilation purposes. The list has no influence on whether a regiment actually has claim to a name or not.

Spoiler
What can be argued, however, is how active Thomas's regiment is. As some have said, his has not been very active in events or otherwise, and Thomas gave some good reasons why this is. Nonetheless, the reasons he gave are relatively short term and I can say with some certainty that Thomas' regiment has been in this type of state more often than not for more than just a few weeks. It is because of this I am suggesting that to provide a fair arrangement for both parties Thomas should change his timezone area from "International" to "NA" as he is based in North America, and because his overall activity does not reflect on an international inclusiveness. Through this both parties can work out an arrangement that keeps their regiments apart from each other but still keep the 9ème identity.

I will not agree to this. The sole reason I have not been active within the past month or two within the regimental community is because of my headset issues, and before that my computer being in a nonfunctional state. Had either of these not happened, I would currently be recruiting and attending events. (It turns out a break of a few months is what one really needs to get new ideas, and formulate new tactics.)

Further, on the basis of similar prior agreements made within this community, I will not stand by and allow another regiment to use the name alongside my own, for the fact that they may cause people to slander my name through their actions in the community (Or vice versa). I will not pass judgement on this regiment, because I have not interacted with them outside of this incident, but I can not stand for two regiments sharing a name on sheer principle. It always ends badly for one side or the other.

Call me unreasonable, tell me that I don't think about more than my own regiment, but that is where I must stand.

Spoiler
As a side note, the nature of the conversation that has been happening in this thread thus far needs to change.
Spoiler
I don't really care what you 'think'.
[close]
Comments like these will stop. They add nothing to the discussion and only bring about more instigation and argument. Users who post comments like this or anything else that has an instigational nature will be warned, then muted if it continues. Furthermore, until this issue is concluded with both parties owning the 9ème identity, members from MrVoodoo's regiment cannot use tags that go with the name. If there are users from MrVoodoo's regiment who use those tags either before said conclusion has been reached, or after an alternate one has been made, I can arrange the server admins to ban for impersonation (see here for server rules). I will not have this issue, which has so far showed substantial disregard for community decorum, spread into the servers or any other major part of this community.

I feel the need to state that the one quote I left there was taken out of context, and I was simply stating that his personal thoughts on the matter do not take priority over the rules that the community has been following for years. I apologize if it came across as hostile and unnecessary. :-\
[close]
[close]
To be completely honest Thomas, you are being fairly unreasonable. Many others have been in your position in the past, and in my experience nobody had bad experiences with allowing a regiment to share a name. Both are in different parts of the world, so even if MrVoodoo's 9ème embarrasses themselves, most people that know them wouldn't even recall your 9ème ever existed. Good example is the 2ndCSG, which you are familiar with. Crawford never had him name slandered even though Spartan's was made into something of a...burden within the EU community. I can't change your final decision but I have to ask you to give these people a chance.

Kielbasa!

Offline MrVoodoo

• Sergeant Major
  • Captain of the Nr26
    • View Profile
I also stated in the Regiment List that it was disbanded to return to the 9th Light.

At which point did you refer that you were going to return to the 9th Light?

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
To be completely honest Thomas, you are being fairly unreasonable.

Perhaps.

Many others have been in your position in the past, and in my experience nobody had bad experiences with allowing a regiment to share a name. Both are in different parts of the world, so even if MrVoodoo's 9ème embarrasses themselves, most people that know them wouldn't even recall your 9ème ever existed. Good example is the 2ndCSG, which you are familiar with. Crawford never had him name slandered even though Spartan's was made into something of a...burden within the EU community. I can't change your final decision but I have to ask you to give these people a chance.

Having spoken with Crawford on the issue, I found that he was not at all satisfied with the way the decision was thrust upon him in that situation, and harboured a great dislike for Spartan's regiment because of it. I do not wish to put myself into his situation, should something go awry. (His attitude towards it may have changed, I do not know, but when I discussed it with him, his opinion was so.)

Offline MrVoodoo

• Sergeant Major
  • Captain of the Nr26
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, but to say that your regiment, of two people currently, would be shamed such as the Coldstream incident. I don't believe you will attending any events anyway for a while until you find people to join you and to be fair I'm not even sure you will be recognized enough to cause anyone shame.

I'm not trying to offend anyone via this post but It is the truth. You are obviously just being selfish. I believe that you are also implying that we would cause "shame" upon your regiment which is really just absurd.

Offline Melmil

• Second Lieutenant
  • Since when are we entitled to anything?
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 76th_Ojajajsjsjs_Hans
  • Side: Neutral
There seems to be some confusion as to whether Thomas ultimately re-registered as the 9eme in the big Regiment Index.

- Regiment Name : 9ème Regiment d'Infanterie Légère "l'Incomparable"
- Regiment Tag : 9eme_
- Faction : Empire Francais
- Class : Light Infantry, Skirmishers, Line Infantry (The regiment is already under light infantry, it just needs to be expanded to the rest.)
- Based : International
- Thread Link : https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=42.0

Go ahead and kill the Cossacks.

The 9eme was re-registered under Thomas on April 12, 2013, along with his clear termination of his claim to the Cossacks. The discussion might have moved beyond this point already, but I just wanted to clarify it so that people wouldn't come back to it.

EDIT: Linked to Regiment Index page to see sourcing.

Offline MrVoodoo

• Sergeant Major
  • Captain of the Nr26
    • View Profile
Thanks for posting on something that clearly didn't require your input. I have noticed this before and as the admin has said, it does not matter about regiment lists.

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde Impériale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
Here's the final verdict:

In accordance to the mores set down over years by the community as a whole, Thomas will keep the 9ème identity along with all the rights that go with claiming one including tags, forum thread, and recruitment on the forums and servers. MrVoodoo and his group will have to find another identity as Thomas is not comfortable with others using the 9ème name. I must ask all to respect the rules and mores of this community and accept this verdict with grace. I wish good luck to both groups.

And Thomas, I hope that what has been said here has brought some alarm bells to your mind. I, and the rest of those involved here, strongly expect to see more from you from now on. There are many ways a regiment can grow, and you aren't the sole member of the 9ème. Your members can make extra efforts to obtain recruits and organize events while you are unavailable. It is only fair that there is no acceptance for regiment leaders to let their name grow in age while they don't make extra efforts to make sure it doesn't grow stale. I don't want to see this pattern continued; if another issue like this comes up, I'll have to ask you to retire the name.

To all else, remember what I said at the beginning of this discussion:
Furthermore, until this issue is concluded with both parties owning the 9ème identity, members from MrVoodoo's regiment cannot use tags that go with the name. If there are users from MrVoodoo's regiment who use those tags either before said conclusion has been reached, or after an alternate one has been made, I can arrange the server admins to ban for impersonation (see here for server rules). I will not have this issue, which has so far showed substantial disregard for community decorum, spread into the servers or any other major part of this community.

This note is non-debatable.

I will begin to start pulling together ideas for a regiments rules page, and will discuss the details laid down by the community, including ones exercised during this case. Whether it will be released any time soon is not up to me alone.

Kielbasa!