Author Topic: EGS - European Groupfighting Series  (Read 2880 times)

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
  • 71st Major, EGS-HeadAdmin, MM-EU-HeadAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: DarkTemplar
  • Side: Confederacy
EGS - European Groupfighting Series
« on: December 16, 2020, 08:54:07 pm »

Dear Community, we want to present you the newest competetive idea of DarkTemplar & Wursti. We called it "European Groupfighting Series".
As the name already suggests it's a series of tournaments and not a one-time event. Our main goal is to make tournaments more centralized to have an acceptable amount & qualitfy of tournaments (aiming for 1 per month) while offering a reason for teams to keep playing instead of disbanding after a short period of time.
The formats of the tournaments will differ between 5v5, 6v6 and 7v7 with each of these being hosted twice during the season.

The difference to EIS is, that we don't want to claim the permission to host such tournaments only for ourselves. Any other organizer is allowed to host an EGS tournament as long as sticking to the EGS rules and standards. Organizers would then be supplied with servers, scripts and our ruleset which makes it an official tournament which teams can get points from. The points are important in order to play the Seasonal Championship at the end of every season which we are aiming to stream and provide a prize pool.

Furthermore we want to encourage new players and teams to play and try to get better. In order to ensure a healthy and competetive environment we will also host a "Rookie-Tournament" once every 2 months where the top 4 teams will be excluded of. That will give more teams the possibility to make a deeper run into tournaments. Obviously there will be less points to grab than in a normal tournament.

EGS related information

Season
   ○ Tournaments are going to be hosted once per month, on a sunday
   ○ Tournament formats will differ between 5v5 - 7v7 + 2 subs
   ○ Every Format is going to be played twice in one season
   ○ The points you can win from every tournament are based on the amount of participating teams
   ○ The points will get updated once per month
   ○ One season will last 6 months
   ○ Everyone will be able to access the season table
      ‣ Same for the amount of winable points in a tournament
      ‣ Points Table
   ○ The season will end in a final tournament with only the best four teams participating
Hosting Tournaments
   ○ The "privilege" of hosting tournaments doesn't just belong to DarkTemplar and Wursti
   ○ If you want to host a tournament of the EGS you will receive support in forms of Scripts and Servers
      ‣ Leads into your tournament being worth EGS points
      ‣ This will ensure the required / wanted quality of tournaments   
   ○ As an organizer you have to stick to the provided ruleset    
      ‣ You may make changes to the rules after asking for permission
   ○ You can pick any format you want, as long as they're still available
Teams & Players
   ○ Points are bound to Teams, making every player worth equal points based on the teams performance when he was on the roster
   ○ If a player is leaving the team he will take his points with him, but not add these to his new team.
      ‣ A player only gathers the points of tournaments in which he was listed on the teams roster
      ‣ The teams points will only get reduced once the player joins a new team
   ○ You may add new players to your team when you want to   
      ‣ Additions may be denied if that rule is getting overused
   ○ You may make a 2nd team out of your whole team.
      ‣you have to decide before the tournament starts which points should be counted if both teams hit the knock-outs   
      ‣you can swap up to 2 players from your lower team to the higher team with incrasing format size without asking/permission (+1 for 6v6, +2 for 7v7)
   ○ Official stand-alone teams (such as NPP) are excluded from both rules above
   ○ The previous rule isn't clear since it's reasonable to add players during the 6 months, but not all the time
      ‣ Makes a general roster rule impossible / hard
Tournament Rules

• Melee speed will be medium
• Bayonet players must use the Line Infantry class
• Stay in Spectator while not playing a match
• Matches
   ○ Group-Stage matches aswell as Round 1 of Playoffs (20+ Teams) will be ft5
   ○ Quarters, Semis and Bronze matches will be ft7
   ○ Finals will be ft10
• Roleplay Names aswell as GUIDs have to be  provided
• If a player gets caught cheating (or using a wrong ID)
   ○ The team will get its point for that tournament removed
   ○ The player will be banned for the whole season
   ○ The team gets a warning
• If a team gets disqualified and got placed 1st - 4th, the lower placed team will take their place
   ○ All teams will get points for a win at the groupstage and knockouts if they lost against the disqualified team

Seasonal Championship

• Will take place in June / December
• The 4 teams that have gathered the most points will qualify
   ○ The first placed team receives playoff bye into the Final
   ○ The second placed team will receives playoff bye into the Semifinal
   ○ Third and fourth placed teams will fight eachother
• Matches are all ft7 and best of three (bo3)
   ○ Means you have to win two ft7 matches against your opponent in order to advance / win
• The winner of the Seasonal Championship tournament will be the official winner of the season
Rookie Tournaments

• Will be hosted once every 2 months
• The 4 teams with the most points won't be able to participate
• The players who played for the top-4-teams in the 2 tournaments before the Rookie-Tournament, are not allowed to play
• Will provide less points than a regular tournament

Some words in the end. If you have any questions feel free to ask us. This is currently W.I.P. and could get changed if we have the feeling that some things won't work out as intended. Both of us think that we are capable of doing that, since we've collected a lot of experience in the past months. Wursti with the EIS and me with co-hosting ENWC and other smaller tournaments, next to RMT which we hosted together.

We are happy that we got the support of some organizers and GF Teams which are looking forward to participating and are willing to help the head administration. This project is made up of the comments of the "State of the competetive NW scene" thread and our own opinions and thoughts to improve the scene. We know this game won't last till the end of time, but it would be a good start for NW Bannerlord (for example). We are looking forward to start this in January 2021.

PS: header is going to get added
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 12:12:42 am by DarkTemplar »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
Re: EGS - European Groupfighting Series
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2020, 09:05:54 pm »
Looks interesting, keen to see more on the roster rules however.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2020, 09:33:42 pm »
Looking forward
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline teddy333

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2020, 10:11:59 pm »

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2020, 10:47:09 pm »
Very nice. The only thing I don't understand are the actual points lmao. They are given to Players and not Teams?

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2020, 10:47:50 pm »
tl;dr but looks cool

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2020, 10:56:09 pm »
Very nice. The only thing I don't understand are the actual points lmao. They are given to Players and not Teams?

No, the teams will get the points

I noticed I forgot to add the actual points distributed for each tournament

Offline BlackBeard

• Second Lieutenant
  • Ledger's Neko-Chan
    • View Profile
  • Nick: BlackBeard
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2020, 11:03:22 pm »
dope asf

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2020, 11:28:26 pm »
Gl with that

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 11:30:27 pm »
Looks cool.
      ‣ A player only gathers the points of tournaments in which he was listed on the teams roster
This does mean that if its a smaller format some players won't be gathering points, meaning that if they leave the team it will have a smaller impact on the points. Even though they are a full member and would be playing if it was a bigger format. Idk if that's what you want but it could mess with the point system a bit and skew the incentive to not leave the team.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2020, 11:32:55 pm »
Looks cool.
This does mean that if its a smaller format some players won't be gathering points, meaning that if they leave the team it will have a smaller impact on the points. Even though they are a full member and would be playing if it was a bigger format. Idk if that's what you want but it could mess with the point system a bit and skew the incentive to not leave the team.
with that again. So players gain points, not teams?

Offline Cameron.

• Second Lieutenant
  • And still I rise
    • View Profile
    • No need to cringe you w my experience
  • Nick: Loyalty, Honour, Integrity
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2020, 11:59:04 pm »
gamble my shekels on rikkert doing above average

Spoiler
[close]

Offline DarkTemplar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2020, 12:05:24 am »
Looks cool.
This does mean that if its a smaller format some players won't be gathering points, meaning that if they leave the team it will have a smaller impact on the points. Even though they are a full member and would be playing if it was a bigger format.

pretty much, yes
Why we did this was because we think there should be a difference if someone leaves who is barely involved in the overall tournament success of a team, and someone who is with them at every tournament and leaving then. I get your point but this was the best makeable solution we could thought of. So if you have any suggestions on this issue feel free to tell me, as I'm happy and looking to make this thing as good as possible.

@Stockholm
yes, theoretically if a team wins a 16 teams tourney, every winning player is worth ~72 points

Edit:
we added a rule regarding 2nd teams

if you've got a 2nd team you are allowed to swap members but have to choose which points will get counted if both advance to the knock-outs.
We did this to prevent a championship with (only examples) Caza 1 and 2 and Tz0 1 and 2

Furthermore if you've got two official teams (such as NSS and NPP), they will get counted as two seperate teams, where both can get their knock out points, and are punished for swapping members.

this is what we thought would be best, so again, if you have any ideas how to make this better, feel free to hit us up
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 12:24:28 am by DarkTemplar »

Offline Dusbled

• Major
  • Squadron Corporal Major of 45thN
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Saphyro
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2020, 12:23:37 am »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2020, 12:31:58 am »
Good luck, I'm not sure you'll actually stop the tournament spam for longer than a short period but if it leads to better tournaments then it's still a positive thing.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.