Author Topic: Event Ideas  (Read 52333 times)

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Event Ideas
« Reply #465 on: April 27, 2021, 05:34:02 pm »
If you wanted to do it that way with an internal tournament for each nation you'd need willing hosts and I feel you'd only really end up with 3-4 nations at most.
How many Nations are there who could do this properly? For example Belgium. There arent that many players. They could divide it betwern the french and the flemish part. Then they have two teams for example. Thats it. They play each other in a bo3 and thats it.
But what's the sense of it. It's not really a tournament. I believe the only approach would be to keep it to nations first (like everybody would do its own tournament) and then doing some kind of champions league. But as Herishey said you would need a host for each nation and not in 100 years we have 10 good hosts who stay around for even 2 months actively

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #466 on: April 27, 2021, 05:47:46 pm »
Even in the UK when I last hosted this we had like 8 teams so I really imagine many other nations like Germany, Poland, France and maybe some smaller ones like Netherlands, Spain, Turkey, etc could also. But it just isn't going to work unless one main host pretty much takes control or a couple main hosts, then at that point is when it becomes a substantial amount of work.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #467 on: April 27, 2021, 07:47:48 pm »
As Lukasoh said I already hosted a german region tournament the last October and November with 10 teams, 95 players, and 4 weeks group stage + 3 weeks knockouts. In my opinion, it went extremely good although I think I personally only did a medium good job with hosting it.

But I agree with a lot Herishey has said. Not a lot of national communities have the activity and the effort to do something. I have for myself considered trying to get a french host on board for cooperation but couldn't really decide for myself already.

For myself, I am planning to host a second version of the german tournament in September-October, so basically 1 year after season 1. I doubt any really big approach could be succesful.

You did a great job stockholm!

Looking forward to season 2 :)

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #468 on: April 27, 2021, 09:02:46 pm »
i host in exchange of community representative

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 27, 2021, 09:41:46 pm »
Go for it!

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #470 on: April 28, 2021, 08:58:50 am »

Do it

Offline Witcher!

• Major
  • UA FOREVER. MARXEIL PIDOR SUKA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Witcher
« Reply #471 on: May 05, 2021, 08:16:35 am »
Host 3v3 or 2v2 pls
Glory to Ukraine

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #472 on: May 05, 2021, 12:02:16 pm »
We had a 3v3 not that long ago and a version of 2v2 so not sure this will really be next on anyone's list of things to host, maybe 2v2 since the last was a sword/bayo one.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Phailur

« Reply #473 on: May 29, 2021, 05:03:42 pm »
How about a 10v10 regimental groupfight tourney?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #474 on: May 29, 2021, 05:04:09 pm »
How about a 10v10 regimental groupfight tourney?
I was going to ask Maskman and DarkTemplar.
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Benallo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Millionaire IRL
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Benallo
« Reply #475 on: December 06, 2021, 12:24:49 am »
What about the most classical format, the nicest thing NW can see : a duel tournament? We didn't have one since a long time

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #476 on: December 06, 2021, 09:04:11 am »
what about MRGL S2
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #477 on: December 06, 2021, 02:23:18 pm »
What about the most classical format, the nicest thing NW can see : a duel tournament? We didn't have one since a long time

Even better: A 2v2 tournament with maybe two divisions double elimination? Theres been 3 duel tournaments since the last proper 2v2 tournament hosted by Python somewhere between late 2019 and early 2020 which is almost 2 years ago loooool. Was good fun and can easily be replicated  :)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #478 on: December 06, 2021, 06:53:37 pm »
Ngl the 19th of December looks like a great day to host something like a 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, Protect the king, or musket sword mix.

Actually, I am fully up to hosting something myself but I cant make up my mind really, and I am not really sure if enough people are interested when we generally speaking have a well-functioning egs.

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #479 on: December 06, 2021, 06:54:55 pm »
The other problem is dates while EGS is ongoing.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.