Author Topic: Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 [Darkest Hour/other WWII games] [NA]  (Read 7060 times)

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
  • Side: Union
Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 [Darkest Hour/other WWII games] [NA]
« on: October 18, 2015, 06:13:42 am »

In January 1943 the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht  decided to raise a second elite
 parachute division. The formation would include the veteran 2nd Parachute Regiment, recently detached from
 the 1st Parachute division. The division would also incorporate troops from the remnants of several other airborne
 units that had suffered heavy losses in recent battles.

Treue um Treue!

Official Forum
http://1stluftwaffen-jager.org/forum/index.php

Steam/Contact Info
Squid
Sethja8

The Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 was founded by Squid, a member of the PLG, a realism veteran of the 1st Rangers and the 506th PIR, and a currently serving veteran. Our primary endeavor is to accurately portray the unit in the late war period, maintaining a historically accurate yet equally entertaining atmosphere. We are looking for those who share these pursuits, and we welcome anyone who is interested. However, We don't exclusively cater to those looking for a "realistic" experience. We also welcome those who are eager for teamwork, and unit cohesion. So once again we invite anyone craving for a unique historical and team based gaming experience to contact us. Our current cadre also includes Sethja8 (graphics and design lead) and Sanford (Assistant Squad Leader).

If you wish to join us, do it through our website.  There is a registration section.

We use German names ingame and have documents and other pieces to support our involvement with the regiment.

A thanks to Millander who made this thread's format.  This thread is based off of the 58NY thread.

History of Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2

Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 was inconspicuously created as an element of the clandestine 7. Flieger Division. This formation would later be re-designated as 1. Fallschirmjäger Division. Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 was first mobilized in the invasion of Poland where it was tasked to capture Polish airfields.

The following year, on the 10th of May, 1940, members of the 1st Battalion under Captain Noster fought in Holland as part of one of the largest airborne operations in the Second World War. Following the momentous success in the lower European countries, the unit was transferred to the Balkans in preparation for the invasion of Crete.

Crete was the largest fallschirmjäger airborne operation. Despite suffering from heavy casualties the fallschirmjäger successfully captured the island in just twelve days.
The regiment was quickly reformed in the Balkans to join the Ost front.  They fought in Russia from the winter of 1941 until March of 1942. 

The regiment was then reorganized as part of the 1st Luftwaffen Jäger Brigade in preparation to join the Afrika Korps. They fought with distinction under General Ramcke as part of Rommel’s Afrika Korps and many remained behind to cover the army’s hasty retreat Italy.

In March 1943, the I. / FJR2 deployed to the island of Leros in the Aegean Sea. After eight months of intense combat, the fallschirmjäger captured the island on the17th of November 1943. For their gallantry and superior performance in combat, five members of Fallschirmjäger Regiment 2 received the German Cross in Gold.  The regiment was relieved and sent to Athens where it would reform to redeploy on the Eastern front.

The regiment worked in concert with 2nd SS Panzer Division "Das Reich” to defend against a brutal Russian Winter offensive. The Germans maintained their position for the duration of December, but after two months, the battle wary unit was forced to retreat.  The remaining elements were sent to Brittany to regroup and recuperate.

By the 20th of June 1944, the paratroopers were once again committed into combat. The unit was deployed near Brest, but was finally forced to surrender despite Hitler’s orders to fight to the last man.

The unit never recovered from the Normandy campaign. Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 was reformed in 1945 and the last remaining members fought until they surrendered in the Ruhr Pocket in April 1945.

Their superior performance in combat and their unrelenting commitment to their oath and country earned the admiration and respect of both friend and foe. Field Marshal Harold Alexander remarked, “The tenacity of these German paratroopers is quite remarkable. I doubt that there are any other troops in the world who could have stood up to it and then gone on fighting with the ferocity they have.” For their tenacity, they were nicknamed “Grüne Teufel” (Green Devils).  Indeed it is decreed in fallschirmjäger first commandment:

You are the chosen ones of the German Army. You will seek combat and train yourselves to endure any manner of test. To you, the battle shall be fulfillment.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2015, 10:28:48 am by Sethja8 »

Offline Nick Lazanis

• Donator
  • Sex,droga i Bodiroga.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 [Darkest Hour/other WWII games]
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2015, 11:30:01 am »
Nice thread. Good luck!

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
  • Father of North American Cavalry
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pepper
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 03:56:46 am »
Sounds good

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 06:01:51 am »
If I didn't have a toaster PC and potato internet then I'd so jam on this.

Offline Rutger Müller

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Ryu? | Fancy?? | Rutger???
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 09:03:03 am »
this game was made like 10 years ago xD

Offline Superbad

• Ros the whore of Winterfell
  • Donator
  • Nothing gold can stay...
    • View Profile
  • Nick: SuperbadV
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2015, 07:09:59 pm »
this game was made like 10 years ago xD

Ex dee face

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2015, 08:08:56 pm »
Good luck!

Heer
Officers
Generalfeldmarschall
Generaloberst
General
Generalleutnant
Generalmajor
Oberst
Oberstleutnant
Major
Hauptmann
Oberleutnant
Leutnant

NCOs
Stabsfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
Feldwebel
Unterfeldwebel
Unteroffizier

Enlisted
Stabsgefreiter
Obergefreiter (Over 6 years of service)
  Obergefreiter (Under 6 years of service)
Gefreiter
Obersoldat (from 1936)
[close]

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2015, 11:33:10 pm »
Thanks a lot!

Offline Bravescot

• The WoR Avatar Guy
  • Donator
  • The rank icon guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2015, 11:52:17 pm »
Thanks a lot!
It's not a problem :P I have a whole thread of different icons and the Heer is one of many I have made

Offline Peppers

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2015, 12:58:15 am »
H&G time boyos

Offline Gamboji

• Donator
  • zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2015, 09:59:26 am »
Maybe include where you're based? EU, NA, AU?

AeroNinja

« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2015, 10:00:21 am »
Really nice thread. Best of luck. :D

Offline Gamboji

• Donator
  • zZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZzZz
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2015, 10:04:11 am »
Is a forum really necessary? You probably don't have a hundred members and lots of frequent recruits.

It seems like a bit of an obstacle that is just annoying and not needed. I also don't think people are keen on giving you their E-Mail. Or at least I wouldn't. Good luck I guess.

Offline Sethja8

• Second Lieutenant
  • infamous soundmod creator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [1erPLG]Lans_Sethja8
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2015, 10:31:56 am »
Is a forum really necessary? You probably don't have a hundred members and lots of frequent recruits.

It seems like a bit of an obstacle that is just annoying and not needed. I also don't think people are keen on giving you their E-Mail. Or at least I wouldn't. Good luck I guess.

the forum is a bit of a gimmick as an addition.  it's all in good mind.  it's not really an obstacle either as for the most part everything is in the right place.  it's more of a flashy show-off to portray 'we mean business' and it's all set up fun for the ~20 members we have.

there's also no official DH or other forums, so it's easiest to just have our own.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 05:36:03 pm by Sethja8 »

Offline The_Squid

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
Re: Fallschirmjäger Rgt. 2 [Darkest Hour/other WWII games] [NA]
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2016, 06:24:56 am »
Hey everyone,

Ackerman, leader of the FJR 2 here! I am restarting this unit with the same members. We only want the best, and if you think you're fit for this unit apply today!

-----------------------------------------
Kompanie Contact Information:
Gruppenfuhrer der Gruppe Nr. 1: Levi Ackerman
Steam Profile: Oberjäger Levi Ackerman
Fourier: Jakob Weiss
Steam Profile : Obergefreiter Jakob Weiss