Author Topic: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch  (Read 14279 times)

Offline Janne

• Lieutenant General
  • keep yourself safe
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Help wanted for upcoming Napoleonic Wars patch
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2017, 01:33:22 pm »
plz dont touch the down attack

t. 5k hours of only using the down attack

Offline Keita

• Major General
  • deco, mezzala, regista, guiniesta, picolas nepe
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2017, 01:39:35 pm »
^
balenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balencibalenci balenci

Wursti

« Reply #47 on: November 28, 2017, 10:05:29 pm »
plz dont touch the down attack

t. 5k hours of only using the down attack

lies u used up attacks when i started blocking only !!!!

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2017, 10:28:32 pm »

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2017, 12:01:28 am »
Christmas present wish list  :  )

Fix bots being unable to melee hit kneeling players

Fix bots all spawning on a single entry point and ignoring all others on 2nd round of a game

Please give some way of disabling TNT per team, not globally

Offline Lilja Mariasdóttir

• Colonel
  • Ist ein Schaf in einer Tasse
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2017, 09:51:32 pm »
After I was now asked from several people again to the clientplans, here 3 points to the now planned client changes, that would be a global help and almost no work:

1. Do not break any servermods, make both versions compatible, or many old servermods wont be playable anymore.

2. Add a bunch of buttons, that send a special variable to a server. Servers can use them then for so much more mods, but dont have to.

3. Add a client event, that alters the position of agent-attached scene props. There is so much you could do more then. At the moment all props get put to hip hight (for ctf), which limits the use.

And probably let someone more experienced than thunderstormer look over all of it, before publishing the patch. Also you might not want to add too much "bigger", unnecessary stuff, that is already around as mods and only of limited use.
Seehofer schafft das Heer ab.

Offline Thunderstormer

• FSE Developer
  • Worse than Hotler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 09:57:50 pm »
After I was now asked from several people again to the clientplans, here 3 points to the now planned client changes, that would be a global help and almost no work:

1. Do not break any servermods, make both versions compatible, or many old servermods wont be playable anymore.

2. Add a bunch of buttons, that send a special variable to a server. Servers can use them then for so much more mods, but dont have to.

3. Add a client event, that alters the position of agent-attached scene props. There is so much you could do more then. At the moment all props get put to hip hight (for ctf), which limits the use.

And probably let someone more experienced than thunderstormer look over all of it, before publishing the patch. Also you might not want to add too much "bigger", unnecessary stuff, that is already around as mods and only of limited use.
the entire dev team is working/helping in one form or another, including checking each others work.  ;)

as for the other points, i linked them to vince.
Should you need to talk to me regarding NA1 or or something regarding admining or the admins, PM me here on the forums and not on steam.  *

*This does not include Official Server Admins.

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #52 on: December 05, 2017, 10:03:19 am »

1. We have broke compatibility a long time ago already... Were adding so many things that keeping compatibility is impossible and out of sense. We will post a tutorial on how to 3 way merge your mods with the new code. Honestly it's a basic skill you should have as a programmer.

2. I don't feel like adding a bunch of non working buttons in for instance the admin panel that do nothing.
As a modder you can easily make a server and client mod that send extra variables to each-other.. and remain compatible with non modded clients or non modded servers. why do you need it?

3. Good idea, I'll add it.

I think I'm experienced enough in coding :P and I believe Thunder is doing an excellent job.

Offline Dark_Knight

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • [IVe]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Talope
« Reply #53 on: December 05, 2017, 10:27:07 am »
when could we expect this patch?

Thanks to keep an eye on this game btw  :D

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #54 on: December 05, 2017, 11:23:58 am »
We are planning to have it released really really soon, for sure before Christmas.

Fix bots all spawning on a single entry point and ignoring all others on 2nd round of a game

About bots not hitting kneeling players i will ask Taleworlds about this, cause they handle the bot code in engine.

The spawning on one entry point, Ill have to look into, bot spawning is a big mess of shitty old legacy code.. lets see what we can do, no promises.

The TNT thing I will make for sure, the explosive limiter prop (spr_mm_disable_explosives) will have variation id1 used for it, 0 = both teams no explosives, 1= only team 1, 2 = only team2. Hope that works for you. I assumed you meant making sappers unable to place them right?
We also added the ability to change fog color at will by the mapper, it has funny results you can make: https://i.imgur.com/8TrCrap.jpg :)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 12:39:16 pm by Vincenzo »

Offline zude

• First Sergeant
  • Applied Behavior Analyst
    • View Profile
    • Napoleonic Drill Instructors
« Reply #55 on: December 05, 2017, 01:21:59 pm »
Make a community plugin before Holdfast finishes theirs.  Regiment registrations with officer records, tournaments with cash prizes; like NDI is doing.  Only make officers accountable for their actions and the actions of their followers.

I would be happy to help in some way to facilitate a competitive environment that is non-toxic.

Different regiments, outfits, and groups participate in the academy. You can ask the academy to attend your event a week in advance. We become the responsibility of the contractor for that event.

Offline Olafson

• FSE Developer
  • #friendsforever
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSE_Olafson
« Reply #56 on: December 05, 2017, 06:50:07 pm »
Hello there.
It would be great if you guys could help us out with making some new maps for the upcoming NW patch.

What I am looking for are:

1.) Any map you have already finished and think is good enough to be an official NW map.
2.) I need new maps for a new gamemode we are planning. The maps will have to be made on the largest map size possible, and they will have to include villages/houses/farms etc. more or less evenly spread over the whole map. If you include water in your map, make sure that there are enough boat spawns around for players to be able to get on it.
3.) Any maps that you are currently running on your server and think are good enough for the NW patch. If they are good enough we will include them in the official patch and your players will not longer have to download them! (This does NOT include training maps)

Please send me those maps either in this: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37621.msg1632620#new thread or as PM.
I will look over them and include them in the game if they are good enough.

Additionally, if you have made uniforms/weapons/any other graphical items you think are good enough to be included in the game, and want to see added, please contact me via PM or in this thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37622.new#new. I will take a look at them and if they are good enough they will be in the next patch!

Thanks.
- Olaf
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 06:55:29 pm by Olafson »

Offline tired

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [BBG] tired
« Reply #57 on: December 05, 2017, 10:08:06 pm »
Hello there.
It would be great if you guys could help us out with making some new maps for the upcoming NW patch.

1.) Any map you have already finished and think is good enough to be an official NW map.
2.) I need new maps for a new gamemode we are planning. The maps will have to be made on the largest map size possible, and they will have to include villages/houses/farms etc. more or less evenly spread over the whole map. If you include water in your map, make sure that there are enough boat spawns around for players to be able to get on it.
3.) Any maps that you are currently running on your server and think are good enough for the NW patch. If they are good enough we will include them in the official patch and your players will not longer have to download them! (This does NOT include training maps)

Please send me those maps either in this: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37621.msg1632620#new thread or as PM.

Additionally, if you have made uniforms/weapons/any other graphical items you think are good enough to be included in the game, and want to see added, please contact me via PM or in this thread: https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=37622.new#new. I will take a look at them and if they are good enough they will be in the next patch!

Thanks.
- Olaf

Ok PM'd you and Vincenzo

Offline Aternox

• Second Lieutenant
  • A prayer's as good as a bayonet on a day like this
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 05, 2017, 11:34:33 pm »
Spoiler
Hello there.

Thanks.
- Olaf

[close]

Could look at some of the mount and musket maps, even if they don't quite cut it, it would be easy to edit in more small towns to them

With the uniforms, graphics etc. isn't this patch supposed to be a server side patch? Or is there going to be a full game update now?

Offline Mohawky

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 05, 2017, 11:48:44 pm »
We are planning to have it released really really soon, for sure before Christmas.

About bots not hitting kneeling players i will ask Taleworlds about this, cause they handle the bot code in engine.

The spawning on one entry point, Ill have to look into, bot spawning is a big mess of shitty old legacy code.. lets see what we can do, no promises.

The TNT thing I will make for sure, the explosive limiter prop (spr_mm_disable_explosives) will have variation id1 used for it, 0 = both teams no explosives, 1= only team 1, 2 = only team2. Hope that works for you. I assumed you meant making sappers unable to place them right?
We also added the ability to change fog color at will by the mapper, it has funny results you can make: https://i.imgur.com/8TrCrap.jpg :)

Excellent, that's made my day. TNT trolling by the human player team (team 2) is probably our biggest troll problem on our server at the moment. It wrecks more games and gets more people banned than anything else. Having the ability when setting up the map to just say "no tnt for team 2 sappers" but allow it for team 1 - the bot commanders who are attacking, will cure so many problems and make our admins lives easier. Thank you - what you proposed above works just fine for us.