Author Topic: Favourite All Time Leader(s)  (Read 101727 times)

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Favourite All Time Leader(s)
« Reply #300 on: October 14, 2013, 12:15:54 am »
The bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki saved millions of lives. If you do not understand that, you are really not worth any of our time.

Saved Americans do you mean that Americans are worth more then japanese lives? and if im not worth talking to why do you continue then? and the saved japanese lives just proves that the Americans would have caused civil causilties if they would have landed.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: October 14, 2013, 12:24:53 am »
The Japanese population was taught that surrender was not an option and every one of them was willing to meaningless throw away their lives, if that was ordered or necessary to defend the fatherland. Look at Iwo Jima. Look at Okinawa. The head minister of the Admiralty literally said it would be a wonderful thing to happen - The entire nation and its people dead, "gone out as a flower "

A succesful invasion of Japan would not only cost the lives of millions of American, Soviet and other allied soldiers, but also of the nearly the entire Japanese population. Not to mention the war would be extended by years, while all the nations were already near bankruptcy. You have clearly no idea what you are talking about.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 12:27:30 am by Duuring »

Offline CharlesVasser

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: October 14, 2013, 05:46:09 pm »
The Japanese population was taught that surrender was not an option and every one of them was willing to meaningless throw away their lives, if that was ordered or necessary to defend the fatherland. Look at Iwo Jima. Look at Okinawa. The head minister of the Admiralty literally said it would be a wonderful thing to happen - The entire nation and its people dead, "gone out as a flower "

A succesful invasion of Japan would not only cost the lives of millions of American, Soviet and other allied soldiers, but also of the nearly the entire Japanese population. Not to mention the war would be extended by years, while all the nations were already near bankruptcy. You have clearly no idea what you are talking about.

So instead of nuking the Emperors palace or military bases? they nuked two cities. but i agree on that it was quick way to end the war. But lets stop this argument we are way off the topic as the admin already told us to stay to if you have any thing more to say send a private msg.

Offline Tali

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: October 14, 2013, 06:05:13 pm »
So instead of nuking the Emperors palace or military bases? they nuked two cities. but i agree on that it was quick way to end the war.

Okay, I know I said I'd stop arguing, but this is just to damned good. The admins wont mute us for calling you out on your bullshit (Altough they might mute me if I call you a ignorant dumbass. We'll simply have to wait and see).

World war 2 was a Total war. Very large proportions of the civilian populace did, in one way or another, directly or indirectly, aid the war effort. Bombing civilians is seldom justified, but in the two world wars, one can justify it. And it was used extensivly as a tactic both in Europe and in Asia. One million germans, the majority of whom were civilians, are estimated to have died due to the Allied bombing campaigns.

The nukes were dropped on those cities because the US wanted to end the war as quickly as possible, thus preventing soviet gains in the area. The Soviets declared war upon Japan just shortly before they surrendered, and the Americans feared that the Soviets would take Japan first. As such, the Nukes were dropped in order force the Japanese governments hand in signing a peace beneficial to the US, whilst not beneficial to the Soviets.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: October 14, 2013, 06:08:17 pm »
It's an interesting fact that the majority of the Japanese Cabinet wanted to keep on the fight even after the bombs were dropped. It was the emperor that made an end to it.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
« Reply #305 on: October 14, 2013, 07:31:34 pm »
World war 2 was a Total war.

Total war does not excist.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Bramif

• Donator
  • Lolern lærer mand!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Bramif
« Reply #306 on: October 27, 2013, 05:09:58 pm »
Probably Napoleon Bonaparte and Robert E Lee.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
« Reply #307 on: October 28, 2013, 02:17:38 am »

Are you serious? If you are going to say something so blatantly ignorant please back up your ridicoulus statement. You keep saying this every few pages and i've had enough of explaining it.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline GoldenEagle

• Sergeant Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Abii
« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2013, 07:23:38 am »

Are you serious? If you are going to say something so blatantly ignorant please back up your ridicoulus statement. You keep saying this every few pages and i've had enough of explaining it.

Really like your signature and avatar man :D

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2013, 01:29:21 pm »

Ok.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
« Reply #310 on: October 29, 2013, 01:23:21 am »

Ok.

Thanks for reminding me that some of us were born with a brain.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 01:25:50 am by Archduke_Sven »

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 29, 2013, 03:31:26 pm »
Spoiler

Ok.

Thanks for reminding me that some of us were born with a brain.
[close]

ALways happy to be of service.

Offline Price

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2013, 03:41:38 pm »
Robert E. Lee and Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson.

Offline Chrono85

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 30, 2013, 02:12:09 am »
I'm going to go with Lincoln and Grant. Lincoln was a great and principled leader, who saw the US through the toughest time in its history, and ultimately helped assure its preservation as one nation. He also issued the emancipation proclamation, and championed hard for the 13th amendment which liberated many people from bondage. Grant was a great military general who stepped up to the challenge posed by Lee, and outdid him, at a time when it was needed most. He had a tough time as president, but that wasn't really all his fault, considering the challenges of the reconstruction.
Twitter: @chrono2012

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 30, 2013, 06:33:09 pm »
The emancipation proclamation was just a scheme. It only liberated slaves in the Confederate states - Any in the North were not liberated. It main goals were recruitment and diplomacy - by taking a clear statement concerning the slavery debate, the USA hoped to not only get abolitionists and negroes into the army, but also to keep the UK and France out of the war. Lincoln, in truth, only created a problem and then received credit for 'solving' it.