Author Topic: Random high ping only in Warband  (Read 2766 times)

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
Random high ping only in Warband
« on: October 14, 2018, 05:27:27 pm »
So I really withheld posting this because I don't think anyone would offer me a solution given the amount of people I've already asked on my own, but it's worth a shot.

I moved to NL 2 months ago for uni, and ever since I've been having this issue. What it looks like is that it shows me normal pings in the server browser, I then join the server and according to the very reliable Warband netgraph of a scoreboard I have normal ping in-game. A few seconds later that ping jumps to an extremely high value (in the hundreds, usually 200-300), and just stays around floating between that range endlessly. It's not a ping spike in the sense that it drops down to normal ping either, it's never done that. No it's not a glitch either, it actually feels like 300 ping and is impossible to play.

Okay now here's the part that makes it impossible to solve. This happens completely randomly on any server at any possible time, with no evident pattern. I also just as often simply join a server and have completely stable ping. Try that same server a couple hours later and I have the high ping issue. I've tried being in TS whilst doing this, and my ping there is completely stable so it's not a connection problem on my end. I play other games (CS, BF, War Thunder) with absolutely zero issues, never had my ping do this. However only in Warband I can go one day during prime internet usage time (say 9pm) and have completely stable ping one day, and then at 3am when nobody is even using the internet I could have 300 ping on the same server. Then the next day it's the reverse. I've asked Caskie for the 91st server IP, and when pinging it or tracerouting the results came back normal, the few times I've tested it.

I've tried verifying game cache, I've reinstalled, I've switched back and forth between Steam and non-Steam Warband, I've tried using WTFast to change my connection, I've tweaked a bunch of suggested things in my network settings based on searches, and I've reset my router countless times. The only other person who has a problem of similar calibre is Wolpi but I haven't deduced anything from it.

If anyone has any idea or if I'm simply just cucked by some shitty Turkish game, let me know :D

Offline Freedom

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Random high ping only in Warband
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:04:44 pm »
nah you just got cucked by some turkish game :)

Offline MarjioviçR

• Captain
  • freedoms simp
    • View Profile
  • Nick: MotoBvock MaimLockXD
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 06:04:55 pm »
gg bitcoin farm

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2018, 06:15:13 pm »
Have you tried running a constant ping test whilst playing Warband? That would confirm whether your actual connection is getting worse or not (if your ping does jump during a ping-test then it's probably something you need to speak to your ISP about).

Open cmd prompt as administrator and run 'ping -t www.google.co.uk' for example. It should keep pinging the website (I'd suggest you use a website with a server closer to you though), you should be able to monitor if your ping increases outside of Warband as well this way.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2018, 06:37:30 pm »
Have you tried running a constant ping test whilst playing Warband? That would confirm whether your actual connection is getting worse or not (if your ping does jump during a ping-test then it's probably something you need to speak to your ISP about).

Open cmd prompt as administrator and run 'ping -t www.google.co.uk' for example. It should keep pinging the website (I'd suggest you use a website with a server closer to you though), you should be able to monitor if your ping increases outside of Warband as well this way.
yeah I have tried that already, no issues, at worst during evening time my ping can jumps to the 20s or 30s but then it's still with playable amounts of jitter - the ping that happens in warband is always extremely overblown, at no point do I actually have 200 or 300 ping on any test. I'm thinking it could be a route problem but I haven't been able to fix that so I dunno

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2018, 07:38:45 pm »
play with it kiddo 8)

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2018, 08:07:34 pm »
play with it kiddo 8)
I still fuck you with double your ping boi

Offline Knightmare

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2018, 09:05:45 pm »
play with it kiddo 8)
I still fuck you with double your ping boi
u go 1-7 with double my ping BOI

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2018, 10:02:32 pm »

yeah I have tried that already, no issues, at worst during evening time my ping can jumps to the 20s or 30s but then it's still with playable amounts of jitter - the ping that happens in warband is always extremely overblown, at no point do I actually have 200 or 300 ping on any test. I'm thinking it could be a route problem but I haven't been able to fix that so I dunno
Yeah I wouldn't be sure what to try next then. Hopefully one of the mods have a suggestion famalam.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

AeroNinja

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2018, 10:10:33 pm »
"Shitty Turkish game" yet you play it competitively. xd

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2018, 11:44:43 pm »
"Shitty Turkish game" yet you play it competitively. xd
it's not mutually exclusive lol

Oatmeal

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2018, 11:50:48 pm »
I don't think there is a specific technical fix for this, you may just have to hope it improves