Author Topic: Fallout 4  (Read 64465 times)

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Riddlez
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Fallout 4
« Reply #435 on: August 29, 2016, 06:54:33 pm »
I don't know. I played Fallout: New Vegas and put that game in some dusty, creepy old basement corner: the combat mechanics were so fucking pong-styled that it made me sick. Fallout 4 is the first Fallout game I played and I can definitely see why people love the series. For me, it was to try out the enhanced combat system. I love it to death. But perhaps I have the same as newcomers to Assassin's Creed games: the games are awesome if you haven't played any other from the series yet, other than that, they're shit.

I also pre-ordered the Nuka World DLC today. I already was interested and the trailer pushed me over the edge. Only DLC that actually appeals to me.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: August 29, 2016, 08:36:28 pm »
If only one can mix-match what they like for a Fallout game. Nuka-World should be good sendoff, should everything go without a hitch for release.
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: the mic rula; the old schoola
  • Side: Union
« Reply #437 on: August 29, 2016, 08:41:27 pm »
Fallout 4 isn't the problem. It's a great game, albeit, I despise the restrictions they bring in by adding a voiced main character (I'd riot if that was in an Elder Scrolls game) because they limit roleplaying and modding capabilities, and the main storyline's plot forks are super restrictive and morally ambiguous in ways that don't make sense, where as decisions in past games had a "do you pick the right option, or do you pick the option that helps you the most?" vibe, but the main decision in Fallout 4 was literally:

Spoiler
[close]

...and they didn't even allow the multi-track drifting.

My problem with Fallout 4, which is very similar to the problems many Bethesda fans I've talked to have as well, is that Fallout 4 was designed to bring in as much profit as possible, not to be an amazing game that long term fans of Bethesda's products will value for years to come. Skyrim is still being played today, 5 years after it's release, because of modding and the accessibility to people to mod. This is where the issue lies.

Fallout 4 was marketed to release various DLCs that cut out modding more or less altogether until they're less relevant, as where they only released the Creation Kit after they released DLCs that are quite literally the level of sub-impressive player made mods. The release of Wasteland Workshops makes it so that any mod using or manipulating or changing anything a part of the Wasteland Workshops legally require users to own those DLCs. However, those DLCs have little to no real content in them, and are illicitly in there to limit the freedom of modders. If those conveyor belts and such and such were all a part of the base game, this problem wouldn't exist, but they literally only added those partial-DLCs to limit modders/require users to get those DLCs to use specific mods (meaning they can charge MORE than $60 to the people used to that and get away with it!).

Take into reference Skyrim. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, there were several DLCs that all had storylines, quests, new areas, new weapon types and special weapons, and just awesome content and hours of entertainment. In Skyrim, the first DLC released, Dawnguard, was a mod that added a series of quests and items overlapping the base world, and adding a few new areas that act as bases and questing zones for the DLCs. However, the most we walk away with is crossbows and an emo girlfriend, but I'm not Lil B, so that doesn't necessarily peak my interests. Sure, I'm not giving Dawnguard too much credit, but you should then remember Dragonborn. Solstheim was an amazing DLC in that it added a new, awesome area that blended the aspects of Skyrim and Morrowind (many designs used were pulled straight from TES3, really pulling on the old nostalgia strings for many long term fans), as well as incorporated many new dungeons and zones, added upon the lore of Tamriel quite well, and left players with a whole new arsenal of loot, multiple followers, and something to remember. Now, it's certainly a step up from Oblivion DLCs, where you're basically paying 2000 gold at a time to upgrade an aspect of a player home that you mysteriously inherited from some family member, though Shivering Isles set the standard for what Bethesda's DLCs would be, and in Fallout 3, they delivered. Every DLC of Fallout 3 was like a slightly downscaled Shivering Isles, which expanded on the experience of Fallout 3 and leaves people like me saying "yeah, that was one of my favorite games of all time." In Fallout: New Vegas, they nailed it as well (mostly; I'm trying to ignore the stupid launch deals (buy it on all platforms and get cool loot!... for each... separately... and then buy the rest later!) and the one or two that exclusively adds weapons), so I have no idea why they limited it in Skyrim. However, at least Skyrim's DLCs are still memorable, and both of them blessed modders with a TOOON of new assets to work with.

But for Fallout 4, they released Megatron or whatever they called it, which was setting up to be like Dawnguard but instead of adding a number of new dungeons they just added a really cool one, but you could beat it in like half an hour, and the pacing on how you get robot parts and shit is terrible, along with Wasteland Workshop (disclaimer that we wouldn't learn until weeks/months later: there's going to be three of them), which again, is fucked up. Then they released Far Harbor, which despite me not completing, was a really cool experience, and the design on various things from what I had seen really impressed me. I'll keep it spoiler free; that robot was really cool! Aaaand another Wasteland Workshop. Now, they're releasing Nuka World, which has the potential to be a great experience as well, aaaand another Wasteland Workshop.

A big problem I had about all this was that Fallout 4 was supposed to be their introductions to mods on console, something that excited me, but I well knew it would be quite limited as modding on PC can be quite annoying as mods tend to have compatibility issues and patches are required, sometimes those patches don't exist, and how would you get them anyway on console? Despite that, I was excited for what it meant, because it meant I could tell my friends who play it on console "hey, you should really check out this mod!" Yet those fucking Wasteland Workshops. So, the first WW added shit that should just be in the base game, no question. And the second WW, Contraptions, literally added the type of shit you would see by a modder, so that's kind of frustrating. But with the third one, people were already working and releasing mods that allowed custom Vault building, and they were actually way less limiting than the official DLC.

It really upsets me because they're looking at the one thing that keeps some of their games, like Skyrim, alive for years and years, and saying "hm. How can we profit off of that?" However, in doing so, they're doing things that really restrict modders. It's kind of a kick in the gut.

Bethesda games under Ken Rolston (the lead for Morrowind and Oblivion) really took in elements from pen-and-paper roleplaying games, even down to the HUD. Todd Howard has always been a great project manager, because he did a great job at taking those visions of Ken and the team and getting them into the game and out the door to the market. However, modern Bethesda games just don't have that appeal anymore, in that in Morrowind and Oblivion, you were basically no one who became someone (note, the main player in Morrowind could easily have not been the Nerevarine), but in Skyrim, you're forced to be the Dragonborn, and you have to have a damn good reason to keep yourself convinced that you may not be if you're roleplaying as someone who isn't, because so much of that game is in being the Dragonborn. This is a whole different discussion altogether, but it goes hand in hand with the whole money-grabbing scheme they're pulling to convince me that they're just not compassionate about making games anymore and only interested in getting that new car or moving somewhere ten feet closer to the beach. Watch the Making of Oblivion documentary some time, the employees there seem like ordinary people and college students just making a game together, it's kind of fascinating. You just don't get that to day.

/end rant#5375328

Offline usnavy30

• Colonel
  • Former Freelance Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 29, 2016, 09:03:59 pm »
I totally agree regarding the workshop orientated DLCs. Regarding Automatron, it took a couple hours at most with the short quest line. Why the workshop add-ons was not in the base game was absurd. Oh, but the game was left incomplete as evidenced by cut content such as the alt. Combat Zone location. So I guess the DLC plan showed us the developers decided to go back to the game and design these add-ons like Far Harbor and Nuka-World. It makes sense for their business perspective to make the game just to generate revenue. However for the player and passionate fan, it is not right. I think everyone will be very cautious and wary about a future Fallout title and Bethesda game.

I don't mind your rant post. It's a perfect example of passion about these franchises.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 09:09:05 pm by usnavy30 »
How To Run A Mod Installer.exe
Hello.. I have a problem... It says I don't have Mount&Blade Warband: Napoleonic War and I have to buy it
Try joining a regular Napoleonic Wars server and then re-running the installer.

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 29, 2016, 09:32:38 pm »
Spoiler
Fallout 4 isn't the problem. It's a great game, albeit, I despise the restrictions they bring in by adding a voiced main character (I'd riot if that was in an Elder Scrolls game) because they limit roleplaying and modding capabilities, and the main storyline's plot forks are super restrictive and morally ambiguous in ways that don't make sense, where as decisions in past games had a "do you pick the right option, or do you pick the option that helps you the most?" vibe, but the main decision in Fallout 4 was literally:

Spoiler
[close]

...and they didn't even allow the multi-track drifting.

My problem with Fallout 4, which is very similar to the problems many Bethesda fans I've talked to have as well, is that Fallout 4 was designed to bring in as much profit as possible, not to be an amazing game that long term fans of Bethesda's products will value for years to come. Skyrim is still being played today, 5 years after it's release, because of modding and the accessibility to people to mod. This is where the issue lies.

Fallout 4 was marketed to release various DLCs that cut out modding more or less altogether until they're less relevant, as where they only released the Creation Kit after they released DLCs that are quite literally the level of sub-impressive player made mods. The release of Wasteland Workshops makes it so that any mod using or manipulating or changing anything a part of the Wasteland Workshops legally require users to own those DLCs. However, those DLCs have little to no real content in them, and are illicitly in there to limit the freedom of modders. If those conveyor belts and such and such were all a part of the base game, this problem wouldn't exist, but they literally only added those partial-DLCs to limit modders/require users to get those DLCs to use specific mods (meaning they can charge MORE than $60 to the people used to that and get away with it!).

Take into reference Skyrim. In Fallout 3 and New Vegas, there were several DLCs that all had storylines, quests, new areas, new weapon types and special weapons, and just awesome content and hours of entertainment. In Skyrim, the first DLC released, Dawnguard, was a mod that added a series of quests and items overlapping the base world, and adding a few new areas that act as bases and questing zones for the DLCs. However, the most we walk away with is crossbows and an emo girlfriend, but I'm not Lil B, so that doesn't necessarily peak my interests. Sure, I'm not giving Dawnguard too much credit, but you should then remember Dragonborn. Solstheim was an amazing DLC in that it added a new, awesome area that blended the aspects of Skyrim and Morrowind (many designs used were pulled straight from TES3, really pulling on the old nostalgia strings for many long term fans), as well as incorporated many new dungeons and zones, added upon the lore of Tamriel quite well, and left players with a whole new arsenal of loot, multiple followers, and something to remember. Now, it's certainly a step up from Oblivion DLCs, where you're basically paying 2000 gold at a time to upgrade an aspect of a player home that you mysteriously inherited from some family member, though Shivering Isles set the standard for what Bethesda's DLCs would be, and in Fallout 3, they delivered. Every DLC of Fallout 3 was like a slightly downscaled Shivering Isles, which expanded on the experience of Fallout 3 and leaves people like me saying "yeah, that was one of my favorite games of all time." In Fallout: New Vegas, they nailed it as well (mostly; I'm trying to ignore the stupid launch deals (buy it on all platforms and get cool loot!... for each... separately... and then buy the rest later!) and the one or two that exclusively adds weapons), so I have no idea why they limited it in Skyrim. However, at least Skyrim's DLCs are still memorable, and both of them blessed modders with a TOOON of new assets to work with.

But for Fallout 4, they released Megatron or whatever they called it, which was setting up to be like Dawnguard but instead of adding a number of new dungeons they just added a really cool one, but you could beat it in like half an hour, and the pacing on how you get robot parts and shit is terrible, along with Wasteland Workshop (disclaimer that we wouldn't learn until weeks/months later: there's going to be three of them), which again, is fucked up. Then they released Far Harbor, which despite me not completing, was a really cool experience, and the design on various things from what I had seen really impressed me. I'll keep it spoiler free; that robot was really cool! Aaaand another Wasteland Workshop. Now, they're releasing Nuka World, which has the potential to be a great experience as well, aaaand another Wasteland Workshop.

A big problem I had about all this was that Fallout 4 was supposed to be their introductions to mods on console, something that excited me, but I well knew it would be quite limited as modding on PC can be quite annoying as mods tend to have compatibility issues and patches are required, sometimes those patches don't exist, and how would you get them anyway on console? Despite that, I was excited for what it meant, because it meant I could tell my friends who play it on console "hey, you should really check out this mod!" Yet those fucking Wasteland Workshops. So, the first WW added shit that should just be in the base game, no question. And the second WW, Contraptions, literally added the type of shit you would see by a modder, so that's kind of frustrating. But with the third one, people were already working and releasing mods that allowed custom Vault building, and they were actually way less limiting than the official DLC.

It really upsets me because they're looking at the one thing that keeps some of their games, like Skyrim, alive for years and years, and saying "hm. How can we profit off of that?" However, in doing so, they're doing things that really restrict modders. It's kind of a kick in the gut.

Bethesda games under Ken Rolston (the lead for Morrowind and Oblivion) really took in elements from pen-and-paper roleplaying games, even down to the HUD. Todd Howard has always been a great project manager, because he did a great job at taking those visions of Ken and the team and getting them into the game and out the door to the market. However, modern Bethesda games just don't have that appeal anymore, in that in Morrowind and Oblivion, you were basically no one who became someone (note, the main player in Morrowind could easily have not been the Nerevarine), but in Skyrim, you're forced to be the Dragonborn, and you have to have a damn good reason to keep yourself convinced that you may not be if you're roleplaying as someone who isn't, because so much of that game is in being the Dragonborn. This is a whole different discussion altogether, but it goes hand in hand with the whole money-grabbing scheme they're pulling to convince me that they're just not compassionate about making games anymore and only interested in getting that new car or moving somewhere ten feet closer to the beach. Watch the Making of Oblivion documentary some time, the employees there seem like ordinary people and college students just making a game together, it's kind of fascinating. You just don't get that to day.
[close]
/end rant#5375328

Depsite the long walls of texts. Rantsv are interesting. To keep myself entertained, I practice accents (yes it sounds weird, I am indeed talking to myself). Added bonus is that you now in my head have the voice of the Illusive Man from Mass Effect.

I just felt like saying that.

Anyhow your rant seems to be right. I have heard a lot of complaints from (I assume) the veteran Bethesda fans. I agree with the decision making. Really the only real choice you get by the mens of influence is who you are going to join and who you are going to destroy in the eternal 'end of the line'-quest. Unfortunately, though, I have gotten used to that. There just won't be a game like the Stanley Parable anymore (which ironically was a protest against the lack of being able to influence the storyline)

As for the WW - I wouldn't know, raelly. I am not into modding (I hate to admit), especially because the games I play don't seem like games that have the pontential of having awesome mods.
Probably one of the very few old-timers here who hasn't been a regimental leader.

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 29, 2016, 11:35:47 pm »
@usnavy I think Skyrim was the turning point for Bethesda. Skyrim was the first TES project Bethesda/ZeniMax worked on after Ken Rolston's retirement, so they definitely could have been struggling with the change, at least, the devs who worked under Rolston. Fallout 3 was the validation to Todd Howard, I think, that he can not only be a great project manager but be a great lead designer, and I think that molded the minds of not only him but the other people in the company who had become the leading devs in the time between Oblivion and Fallout 3, and in the time between Fallout 3 and Skyrim. So they went into Skyrim with a new attitude, one way less indie (watch the Oblivion Documentary, seriously, they seem like an indie studio) and way more corporate. I remember the day/week Skyrim and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (only remember which one because I looked it up just now lol) and hearing on the news while I was with my dad driving somewhere about how both games were reaching top sales records for yadayadayada, and feeling happy that my beloved franchise, TES, was being compared to probably the most popular game franchise of the time. Now, I look back and realize "fuck, that was when they could do whatever they want with their products." In retrospect, it makes way more sense now why Bethesda's development per game happened the way it did. Even in New Vegas, they were considered a B-tier company, I'd say, back when they'd have to earn their money through the several million fans they have via their games and several high quality DLCs. Now, as an A-tier company producing Skyrim, Fallout 4, and that shit-show Elder Scrolls Online, they have to stick by A-tier strategies and tactics to earn money. How many people, aside from me, fell into the whole Season Pass bullshit for Fallout 4, expecting more out of it than just some decent/potentially decent expansions, and a bunch of bullshit that should have been in the base game. It's especially bad given they basically put a veil over it that had "Several DLCs! Buy now for only $29.99!" or whatever written on it and behind it was half of what you expected, just disguised in a really big wrapped present. This is from the Steam page for the Season Pass:

"We’ve always done a lot of add-on content for our games. We love making them and you always ask us for more. To reward our fans, this time we’ll be offering a Season Pass that will get you all of the Fallout add-ons – Automatron, Wasteland Workshop, Far Harbor, Contraptions Workshop, Vault-Tec Workshop, and Nuka-World – $70 worth of content all for one great price."

Reward your fans? You mean rob. Seriously, reward them for what, buying into this shit for a second time after Skyrim and a third for the people who fell into the shaky pricing plans in ESO, and likely continuing to buy into the same shit for their other games? I honestly hope they just let some company with the true passion and compassion for The Elder Scrolls that Bethesda and ZeniMax no longer possess to buy the rights before they ruin it with the same shit as in Fallout 4. I've said for a while, many times now, that I would love to see an Elder Scrolls set in High Rock and Hammerfell, making use of the settlements mechanic to help rebuild Breton Counts' old castles, establish trade ports in the Fjords of High Rock and the beaches of Hammerfell, and start from scratch your own small lordship(s), choosing who can seek refuge there and serve you, work for you, etc., as long as it doesn't turn into what Warlords of Draenor was for WoW with the garrisons. That's a mechanic I would love to see in the Elder Scrolls, but I want them in a base game, so that every time I give a company more money, I'm going back in the game and back out into the world to explore what I never experienced before. But, if rumors are true, we'll just be getting TES6: Valenwood which will probably focus on, like, the Camoran dynasty or something, and the building mechanic will either not be used or it will be done terribly. Remember, Valenwood is full of Wood Elves, who don't just live in the woods, but with the woods. Scrapping a bunch of trees and building a settlement may be cool for a player roleplaying as an Imperial, but not for one playing as a Wood Elf. It's this type of shit I'm afraid of, where the devs just don't care about the world they're creating in. And please... no voiced main characters. You should be creating your own story as much as you can, not following some random guy's.

@Riddlez Weird, I actually look and sound exactly like the Illusive Man. Strange.

The Stanley Parable is an awesome thing to mention here, because it's very much so relevant. I suppose the format of Fallout games generally restrict you to a type of character than The Elder Scrolls would, whereas in TES games I've played several different playstyles as several different races and thus have had several different experiences even in the same areas and quests, but in a game like Fallout 4, where you generally get punished for doing wrong, you're kind of limited in options after finishing the game as a morally neutral or good character. Even the dialogue in Fallout 4, which could have been used to remedy this situation, had the same issue. Any hostile or not-good dialogue options tended to sound like a good guy trying to seem tough, or just being silly. Having a voiceless character really helps roleplaying games, and it's a shame when a company experienced in creating roleplaying games forgets that. I also still slightly blame the many fans-come-developers who surely joined up with Bethesda/ZeniMax who, despite playing their games, never understood the reasons why they liked them.

Unfortunately, Oblivion's mods are generally weird, fucked up, dysfunctional, or super perverted, so luckily the base game with some basic graphical improvements is enough for me personally. But Morrowind and Skyrim both have fantastic, fantastic mods, more so Skyrim simply because the ease of it and the expansion of playerbase and thus modderbase. I'm infinitely excited for Skywind to come out, a mod for Skyrim that completely recreates Morrowind with every asset new, and nothing borrowed (as far as I know). Some of the stuff in it is just unbelievable, and it surprises me that they can pull it off on Skyrim's engine. If only they didn't have to make their games for consoles, too, Bethesda could have made Skyrim look way better.

I just thought it was worth mentioning: in Morrowind, the third or fourth character you talk to is an old guy named Socucius Ergalla, a name that Ken Rolston used for online stuff. The guy is also modeled to look like him, and Ken Rolston even voiced him. The best part about it, though, and the reason it was done I'm sure, was that Socucius Ergalla is the character who basically helps you fill out your real-game-world DnD character sheet, and as I mentioned before, Ken Rolston was basically the guy who made Morrowind a pen-and-paper game on a virtual, interactive world format. He was a considerable player on the pen-and-paper fantasy roleplay scene back in the day. That sort of inside humor just isn't in games these days.

Anyway, I'm going back to playing Skyrim, I've been playing a new Dwemer character using a bunch of Dwemer flavor mods. He's supposed to have been sent back and forth between Nirn and Oblivion many times, and survived the Dwemer disappearance doing so, similarly to Yagrum Bagarn. Only right now he's infected with vampirism, so I'll have to find him a cane or walker or something until he gets cured, because it's getting pretty bad. I've been playing the big DLC-sized fan mods that I never got around to doing, like the Grey Cowl of Nocturnal which I'll likely be doing next despite not being a stealth character, and the Moonpath to Elsweyr which I never got far in because it was too damn buggy back then. Just finished the Moon and Star, which was really interesting for me meeting the Nerevarine, because I modeled my character as a guy who wanted to be the Nerevarine, wasn't, went on to be a badass elsewhere, and then accidentally absorbed a dragon soul with the Wraithguard, which he stole from the Nerevarine, and was called Dragonborn ever since. We beat up a wannabe Numidium that was protecting the corpse of the old Tonal Architect Kagranec's wife or something. It was pretty dope.

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #441 on: August 29, 2016, 11:51:51 pm »
Holy fuck Audiate

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Audiate

• World's Worst
  • Major General
  • FREEZE, PUNK!
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: August 30, 2016, 12:14:00 am »
Holy fuck Windflower, Jesus W. Christ, what the pus-packed prick do you god damn need? OH my SHIT! This is a fucking CHRISTIAN FORUM!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 12:18:16 am by Audiate »

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #443 on: August 30, 2016, 12:27:35 am »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Riddlez

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: August 30, 2016, 09:21:23 pm »
@Riddlez Weird, I actually look and sound exactly like the Illusive Man. Strange.

I hid the fact I was telepathic.

Also, since you are the Illusive Man, you're indoctrinated. Has our cycle come to an end?

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: November 20, 2018, 03:18:10 pm »
So how about that Fallout 76? Heh..

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #446 on: November 20, 2018, 03:46:37 pm »
So how about that Fallout 76? Heh..
I hope they just stop producing Fallout for the next 6-7 years and reevaluate their standing on it.  The better choice for them is to concentrate on TES and Starfield and ditch this disaster.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2018, 05:31:03 pm »
Ditching Fallout 76 now would just piss off the people that already paid for it even more.
Also BoS in West Virginia in 2102 LU FUCKING L.

Bethesda never ceases to amaze me in how much they can fuck the lore.

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2018, 07:40:12 pm »
Fallout 76: selling a full-priced game with micro-transactions=greedy scum.

I disliked Fallout 4 because the storyline was terrible and the setting was kinda boring too. Also I hated how they gave you a pre-built, fully voice acted character which ruined the RPG element.

Fallout NV remains the best in the series. The setting, characters, storyline etc were all extremely good. Given Bethesda have f*cked it up twice in a row they should at least give Obsidian a chance to make a follow up.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: November 20, 2018, 07:48:57 pm »
Doubt it will happen now that Microsoft bought Obsidian.
Unless Microsoft somehow manages to pick up the rights for Fallout in the future.