Author Topic: Reenactment Discussion  (Read 309555 times)

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: Reenactment Discussion
« Reply #2715 on: January 19, 2014, 12:27:05 am »
i can see it now. couldnt see it before.

is that your unit?

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #2716 on: January 19, 2014, 12:36:57 am »
Look at my avatar. Now remember what tags you gave me at your ts. Spot the lack of horses in the gif. And you shall find the answer.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: January 19, 2014, 12:52:18 am »
:P

infantry?

Spoiler
jk not dat stupid
[close]

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2718 on: January 19, 2014, 01:30:34 am »
The one thing I can't stand when I see Napoleonic and American Civil War reenactors is the ridiculous difference of uniforms. I understand that it's different groups together, but seriously... You have 4 fusiliers, with 20 linemen, with 6 grenadiers, all in different color uniforms, militia thrown in there too. I know it's a pride thing, but i think if people would join each other, actually take the time to get correct gear, and look like a real unit of soldiers, whether it be half a company of 50 guys, or a full company of 100, would just be fucking awesome. That's what deterred me from Napoleonic and ACW. In WW1 and later, units are smaller, so you have an excuse to say, "my 10 guys is all we need!"

That's still a fucking awesome .gif to see people marching in perfect unison. I'm sure that must have taken a long time to get correct.

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: January 19, 2014, 01:39:06 am »
alright here is my C.S.A impression y'all

never wore so much gray before!  :P

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]

Offline DeoVindice61

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • This blamed fight aint got a rear
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: January 19, 2014, 01:43:06 am »
Trouser looks good, jacket looks good, kept looks good, gears are good, one edit.

ROLL DAT BLANKET AGAIN. Give it a little twist.

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: January 19, 2014, 02:15:31 am »
. That's what deterred me from Napoleonic and ACW. In WW1 and later, units are smaller, so you have an excuse to say, "my 10 guys is all we need!"

That's still a fucking awesome .gif to see people marching in perfect unison. I'm sure that must have taken a long time to get correct.

Petschie, you are overlooking a few details. The Napoleonic period spanned 20 years and a dozen nations - the ACW four years and two nations. The Dutch tend to be more 1815-aimed, the French 1808ish, the Prussians 1813, and so on. You can't control peoples interests.

And getting 'some' extra gear for another impression is really not that easy. Besides the historical difference then uniforms were so widely different from eachother and unique for nations if not regiments, Napoleonic uniforms are EXPENSIVE. They range from 'okay' to freakishly difficult. Historical accurate tailors are near unaffordable and simply not worth it. The amount of sutlers we have is nothing compared to ACW, and once again far more expensive.

I've seen some ACW re-enactors being able to portray a completly different regiment by simply adding a badge on their hat or buying a 40$ red shirt - That luxury simply doesn't exist in the Napoleonic wars; Uniforms are RIDDLED with specific-unit-insignia. And when historically uniforms were the same for multiple units, it's almost a rule that there's only one group doing them - Simpy because people don't want to or even aren't allowed to portray a regiment with the exact same uniform as another group.

Let me rephase all that into one sentence: Petschie, you bought all your stuff on internet sites : I was lucky enough to be able to purchase buttons and a sabretache from a website.

Napoleonic re-enactment is a good deal different from other periods, and not just in foppy uniforms.

@Munk, blue suits you better. But still nice ;)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 02:23:26 am by Duuring »

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: January 19, 2014, 06:35:03 am »
ON A QUICK NOTE, just made 800 cartrudges huuzzzaa

AND BLOODY UNEDUCATED YANKS, except Munk ;) u like great in the uniform above  ;D , WE DONT FEKKING CALL IT SHRIMP, NO ONE HERE DOES

*rage ended*

On that note, Munk, that has to be one of the best ACW impression i have seen on these forums, u seriously look great
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:37:13 am by zac »

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #2723 on: January 19, 2014, 07:37:59 am »

Our unit rolled 5,000 in preparation for Gettysburg, Then again we had like 40 guys and allot of Pizza
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: January 19, 2014, 07:42:36 am »

isnt that illegal? i mean, they are passed as ammunition here in AUS, and making ammunition here without direct supervision of a qualified gunsmith is highly highly illegal :P

do you mean the whole cartridges? including the projectile?

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: January 19, 2014, 08:01:35 am »
Catridges + Powder , Fek the Police , we have like 4 ex cops in our group lol

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #2726 on: January 19, 2014, 08:11:42 am »

isnt that illegal? i mean, they are passed as ammunition here in AUS, and making ammunition here without direct supervision of a qualified gunsmith is highly highly illegal :P

Why would you ever ask if he made them with projectiles in them?

also fug da bolis :DDDD
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline zac

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: January 19, 2014, 08:13:09 am »

Why would you ever ask if he made them with projectiles in them?

also fug da bolis :DDDD

^ u sayd ite

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
« Reply #2728 on: January 19, 2014, 08:17:37 am »
Hey Munk, you may want to hike up your stuff a bit more. If you were on march, it'd get real old real quick.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...

Offline munky-wunky

• Captain
  • Oh, I'm a good old rebel, Now thats just what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: January 19, 2014, 08:31:23 am »

On that note, Munk, that has to be one of the best ACW impression i have seen on these forums, u seriously look great

800! wow that must have taken a while, but we all know that its worth it!

Also, thanks for the impression complement zac.

Hey Munk, you may want to hike up your stuff a bit more. If you were on march, it'd get real old real quick.

hmn ya, point taken. 

Don't want to get any "chafe" 
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 08:34:31 am by munk »
Spoiler
Welcome to FSE hun. Enjoy your stay on s.s. Duuring. Lifeboat is to be found on upper left corner as "log out". We wish you enjoy the journey. Thank you for choosing Dutch Sea For your vacation.
[close]