Author Topic: 2e Régiment de Chasseurs à Pied Belge [Recruiting]  (Read 2994 times)

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
  • "And I believe I have cut your throat"- Fiore
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Wryngwyrm
  • Side: Neutral
2e Régiment de Chasseurs à Pied Belge [Recruiting]
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:00 am »
2 e   R é g i m e n t   d e   C h a s s e u r s   à   P i e d   B e l g e

What to expect
The 2e Chasseurs are a unit founded on a core of veteran skirmishers from Napoleonic Wars with three main principles. 1) We are, above all, playing this game for fun and that is at the heart of this regiment. 2) We are determined to be the best in our class. 3) We are a community, therefore each member is expected to get along and make friends. The requirements to joining the Belgian Chasseurs are based around a player's merit, not their popularity or even their skills. Skills can be taught and discipline can be drilled, but being an enjoyable person to be around is up to you the player. If you are fortunate enough to join, you will find yourself with some of the best friends you could ask for. Attempting to cause drama among the other members will be dealt with swiftly and harshly, in other words, don't do it. The 2e Chasseurs share a friendship and comradery forged from over 2 years of battle. You are expected to show an aptitude for working in the field, but everybody is given the chance to prove themselves. You will be taught to shoot, fight in close quarters, maneuver the battlefield, and to make split second decisions that could save your life or your comrades.

Joining
Earning the right to join the pack will test your battlefield skills and your people skills. Applicants must impress their comrades if they wish to earn their place. Someone aspiring to join the 2e Chasseurs must first fill out an application, if the application is approved, then the applicant will go through a training period that can last as long as 2 weeks. Applicants will be judged based on their ability to communicate and work well with others, their willingness to learn, and their skills in the field - in addition, a candidate must display gallantry in the face of the enemy as a right of passage. At any time during your training period the regimental officer can accept your application or kick you out of the Chasseurs, they do not have to wait the full 2 weeks if they deem their decision fit. If you are denied, you may apply again if another member of the regiment is willing to vouch for you. If you graduate from training, then congratulations! You will be given your tags and accepted into the ranks as a Chasseur. From there, it is up to you to earn your rank through skill and bravery.

H i s t o r y   O f   T h e   2 e   C h a s s e u r s

2e Régiment de Chasseurs à Pied Belge
The 2e was present throughout the entire war and earned itself a great deal of distinction, in several battles they proved they could stand and face the Germans - and more importantly, win. After the battle, the 2e Chasseurs joined up with the Belgian Field Army and took part in the brave defense that slowed the German advance and gave the Allies and advantage in the war. The 2e Chasseurs was a light infantry unit therefore their training was splendid and well suited to rapid maneuvers, traversing rough terrain, and difficult delaying action that the Belgians so successfully employed. The 2e Chasseurs were part of the 16th Brigade of the 5th Division of the Belgian Army. The victories of the 2e Chasseurs were not as famous as those of the 3rd Division defending Liege but they were equally important and the 2e Chasseurs won through quick and aggressive maneuvers, sweeping the Germans off the field. The 2e Chasseurs earned 4 citations for gallantry during the war and was awarded the Order of Leopold. The stiff and unexpected resistance of the Belgians took the Germans by surprise. The Germans took their revenge by burning down towns and villages and committing atrocities against the civilians. But at the end of the war it was the Belgians who had the last laugh when together with the Allies they plunged headlong into the fray and spearheaded the Germans, reclaiming their homeland. The 2e even went on to become an occupation unit in Germany when the war was over. The Belgians fought harder than anyone could have ever expected them to and in the end they won the most hard-fought and well earned victory coming out of the world's darkest war.

Ranks
Lieutenant (Lt)

Sergent (Sgt)
Caporal (Cpl)
Soldat (Sdt)

Cadet (Cdt)

Tags
[2eChass]Rank_Name

Regimental Motto
"Trésignies, nous te suivons!"

Regimental March
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf56vL04YJU[/youtube]

A p p l i c a t i o n   F o r m

Code
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Steam Name:[/b]
[b]Nationality:[/b]
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 07:37:58 am by KillerMongoose »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: 1er Régiment de Chasseurs à Pied Belge [Recruiting]
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:14 am »
   R O S T E R   

Lieutenant
Sergeant
Caporal
Soldat
Soldat
Soldat
Soldat
Soldat
Soldat
Soldat
Soldat

Mongoose
Irishaim
Freakout
Darkgunns
Bumby
Thomas
Chargerz
Wolf1342
Afvet89
CrazyGerman
Experimental
« Last Edit: February 19, 2014, 05:47:23 am by KillerMongoose »

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: 1er Régiment de Chasseurs à Pied Belge [Recruiting]
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:20:30 am »
*Reserved*

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: 2e Régiment de Chasseurs à Pied Belge [Recruiting]
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 06:53:19 am »
Updated the thread a bit, although some of us have been playing with the [1erChass] tags since the mod's release, there appears to be a French 1erChass regiment which made a thread before us, so to avoid confusion we'll be switching to 2eChass - also one of our members, Thomas, has a relative that served in the 2e Chasseurs which is pretty damn cool.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2014, 11:59:52 pm »
https://www.fsegames.eu/forum/index.php?topic=13398.0

Everyone go here and vote for Belgium ;)

Offline Ser Thomas

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2014, 05:25:31 am »
bump
I feel for that triple post.

Offline KillerMongoose

• Major
    • View Profile