Author Topic: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 7 (Final)  (Read 53320 times)

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Sign-ups Open 6/8 teams!
« Reply #75 on: June 23, 2021, 12:53:09 am »
Kincaid denied our team cause he wants us to play with 33rd :-*

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 23, 2021, 12:56:52 am »
Spoiler
Tbh I don't know the state of either of the 55th/92nd centre companies currently and I do understand that with summer itll be hard with attendance etc. Bringing your centre companies was just an idea I offered for your sake which would be respectable, though if you are looking for other regiments, 19th are interested and potentially Nr13/65y. During the prelimnary discussions on FSE there was a concensus that 92nd/55th could bring their companies though I do understand that things do change

55th Could also bring a full team. I would love to join a 2v2 Format Tournament!

My point with which I wrote my original post with was to highlight and remind people the aims of this tournament and to reiterate what Kincaid said about teams as I do think its pretty unfair to portray Kincaid as cancelling you guys out without fair warning when it really was there.

A lot of bullshit written down by Maskman. Thank you for that!
So if we get denied with all those 'warnings' and irrelevant podcasts etc, then we still have the right to contradict this decision and try to make our case.
For example if your application would be denied than I guess you'd do the same if you think that Kincaid is wrong.

Spoiler
Also 92nd cannot bring their centre company to this tournament, if it was possible then I think we'd do the same like 45thN.
[close]

The reason as to why I linked the podcast in is to sell the point that playing with centre companies aint that bad and that there are advantages. Though I do understand where your hostility to irrelevant podcast comes from considering the last one you went on ended in tears  :'(

We never had a seperated Centre or Gren company only periodically a Lights company who ditched out because of low IQ. 65y hate me just so you know :)
[close]
  ;D
Spoiler
[close]
:o

How about write all your ideas and concerns about the tournament in a polite message to Kincaid other steam (I know most of you try to do it that way on this thread, but some people *cough* looking other to my belgium friend *cough* just trying to create some beef).
Cause in the end it's his tournament, he can decide what he wants the rules to be. On the other hand, it is your time so you can choose yourself if you want to play in it or not (like the Nr13 for example, we like the tournament but july is a really bad time for us).

I'm just voicing it here as via steam and ts so far we have not  been able to go over it properly due to our schedules and I just wanted it out here.  I'm not trying to start beef I just voiced my opinion and some facts. I already said I avoid fse cause it is dogshit and amounts to nothing good. Also not my fault that in the past I was forced to post due to circumstances.  Anyhow let's keep it for in ts.
Just realised or remembered that you are also from belgium, my bad hehe. But yeah, Ts or steam, what so ever, would be better for anyone from this point on

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 23, 2021, 01:19:29 am »
After 2 pages still nobody wants to play with us... so lonely, so, so lonely

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2021, 11:22:44 am »
After 2 pages still nobody wants to play with us... so lonely, so, so lonely
You can play with me 😏

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #79 on: June 23, 2021, 11:42:57 am »
55th and 92nd combination is shit anyway. Let them try.

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #80 on: June 23, 2021, 12:03:59 pm »
55th and 92nd combination is shit anyway. Let them try.

True.

The idea that such a pairing would be “too strong” is weak on its own, you only need to look at how the 55th performed against the 77y in the last tournament 1v1 between them to realise we’re not that good in line battles. We won the RGT sure, a 10v10 groupfight, and we’ll have most of those 10 at the 2v2 as well, but our formations are shit and so is our discipline in that kind of gameplay. It’s really not an overpowered pairing because it’s not a melee competition. As Irish says, let us try and beat the 15th and 77y, who have been very successful as a pair, rather than denying any team which you think looks better on paper.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 23, 2021, 12:04:05 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Mugen

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 3eMG | 85e | 13e
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 23, 2021, 12:08:22 pm »
If they want to participate together, then let them. I think the majority of the chiefs of regiments participating in this event agree with that. Of course, the last word is up to the organizer.

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #83 on: June 23, 2021, 12:27:40 pm »
Hey Belgium/France you cant play at the EC because you too strong.

Really don't understand why 92nd/55th wouldnt be allowed. If you too weak get good.

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #84 on: June 23, 2021, 12:37:51 pm »
unironically trying to get your stacked team by pulling the "we are shit in 1v1s" card. Especially after Sunday, the 55th can be counted as a "top" regiment (ie contending for titles), you have the roster for it and now you have the tournament win to back it up. This tournament in the past has been geared towards avoiding "stacked" coalitions and Kincaid has stated that he wishes to continue this rule, so either accept his decision or don't play.

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #85 on: June 23, 2021, 12:40:39 pm »
Nonsense. This is the same as banning the 15th and 92nd from tournaments altogether (like EIC,RGL).
If you want a fair tournament, let's then play against us on RU servers?  :D

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #86 on: June 23, 2021, 12:48:49 pm »
Nonsense. This is the same as banning the 15th and 92nd from tournaments altogether (like EIC,RGL).
If you want a fair tournament, let's then play against us on RU servers?  :D
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Eamon

• Major
  • LtCol of the 15th_YR
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Irish
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2021, 01:04:04 pm »
The only solution is to let the 19th pick the pairings

Offline Gudrian

• First Sergeant
  • = )
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gudrian||George_Monro
« Reply #88 on: June 23, 2021, 01:05:48 pm »
I don't understand the ban of the team of 92nd and 55th. If you are saying that they are too strong together, it is your subjective opinion. I am not saying anything about the other teams, but let's just disband all other teams and make the ranking list of the regiments. Then you can pair them up according to this statisticks. That would be fair for everyone. But banning one team when the other teams are completed means exluding them from the tournament. If you are afraid of them, just say it directely. There is no need to hide your fears ^^

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #89 on: June 23, 2021, 01:32:35 pm »
There was a hole thread discussing this (mainly), previous tournaments and a host who knows what he is doing and what kind of a tournament he wants this to be.  Instead of all this drama discussion, we should focus on encouraging more teams to sign up so we can help grow this scene. There are so many regiments with capable attendances that could team up (56e, Nr21, 65y, 1stGLI, 102nd, 32nd, 2lr, Nr59, 78th, BIR, LG, i will edit later with some more regiments), try something new and who knows maybe enjoy the slightly more competitive side of this game. This 2v2 tournament is a good opportunity to achieve this. I cant stress this enough but the 19th doesnt have a teammate, a regiment that has the experience and skill to participate in competitive tournaments (maybe not leadership, looking at you presi  :-* ). But in all seriousness, the 19th would be a good teammate for any regiment that would like to try this 2v2 tournament.

Now about my personal opinion, the 16th is fine with it, but in general regiments get fucked by rules, (eg us at EIC). If it comes down to that, dont be bitter about it and try to bounce back with a new regiment as a teammate, there is still plenty of time for that.