Author Topic: The Star Wars Thread  (Read 108478 times)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
Re: The Star Wars Thread
« Reply #630 on: June 27, 2018, 01:58:14 pm »
A boba fett movie sounds cool at first but once I think about it for a second I actually don’t want one

What character would you like to see perhaps? Yoda? :D
i don’t really want to see any movie about a single characte. I really just want an old republic movie (possibly starring vette?)
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline ShintoSkookum

• Colonel
  • i am coolest dude nw my mom said so
    • View Profile
  • Nick: shinto (awesome)
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #631 on: June 27, 2018, 03:23:01 pm »
A boba fett movie sounds cool at first but once I think about it for a second I actually don’t want one

What character would you like to see perhaps? Yoda? :D
i don’t really want to see any movie about a single characte. I really just want an old republic movie (possibly starring vette?)
yes

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #632 on: June 27, 2018, 04:45:31 pm »
They should just stop Disney did a lot of damage already.

M O N E Y. M E R C H A N D I S E.

Disney spent $4 billion on the rights to Star Wars, and they're sure as hell gonna get their money's worth damn it! Ain't nobody at Disney giving a single f*ck about your childhood or fandom in the process.

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: June 27, 2018, 05:01:09 pm »
Pretty sure they've already made their money back and more.

Offline Edwin

• First Lieutenant
  • I killed Toffee
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: June 27, 2018, 05:27:19 pm »
Oh good, I'm sure they're going to stop making *movies now.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 05:37:03 pm by Gordo »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #635 on: June 27, 2018, 06:32:04 pm »
Just make kotor1 into a movie. Done deal. Or better yet give us Bane...

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #636 on: June 27, 2018, 07:27:27 pm »
TLJ will be on Netflix, omegaLUL
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Sgt.Winters

• Captain
  • Wut
    • View Profile
  • Nick: look at me
« Reply #637 on: June 27, 2018, 08:09:26 pm »
I think the majority can agree that Star Wars is better when it shifts to a darker tone.  However, this kiddy nonsense seems to be the only marketable strategy, not to mention it is Disney and they have to cater to the younglings.

A kotor movie would be absolutely fantastic in concept, but I agree with Godfreid that I wouldn't trust their handling of Revan or Malak's characters.  They would probably find a way to fuck up Bastilla and turn her into one of those LGBTQ icons that the movie industry so "desperately" needs.  A Bane movie could work too, but as of right now they haven't made Zannah canon (I think).  A movie centered around Malgus and his sack of Coruscant could be great as well, but I wouldn't be entirely sold on the idea, at least in its delivery. Sure, hundreds of Jedi and Sith duking it out sound cool, but if they were to focus too much on action and less on an interesting and in-depth plot, then I fear we would get a repeat of Attack of The Clones.  Malgus and Eleena could also be one of those rare Star Wars relationships with a fantastic plot point, considering how it resolves and how deeply affected Malgus is by her.

To be honest I didn't think much of The Last Jedi after watching it in the theater, but the more I look back, the more I realize it was a steaming dumpster fire.  The humor made me cringe, the quote-on-quote representation and diversity was among the most forced in recent memory, and although this been recited many a time, the plot spits in the face of all Star Wars fans who even have the least bit of respect for lore.  It look Luke years to master the force, and even then he was subject to the perversions of the Dark side and would have been barbecued into oblivion had it not been for his daddy.  Rey masters this shit in little over a week, if not within a few days, and somehow is able to outduel the most powerful fucking Jedi to ever traverse the galaxy.  What's that? She is the new most powerful force user EVARRR?!?!?! Please, absolute bullshit.  Until I see her pulling off Nihilus level concentration I refuse to believe this character is amongst the most powerful in Star Wars.  Don't get me wrong, Daisey Ridley is not a bad actor by any means, but this writing is bonkers. Also fuck them for not having Ackbar take out the First Order flagship instead of the Jurassic Park chick.

I rest my case.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 03:45:44 am by Sgt.Winters »

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #638 on: June 27, 2018, 08:13:11 pm »
I think the majority can agree that Star Wars is better when it shifts to a darker tone.  However, this kiddy nonsense seems to be the only marketable strategy, not to mention it is Disney and they have to cater to the younglings.

A kotor movie would be absolutely fantastic in concept, but I agree with Godfreid that I wouldn't trust their handling of Revan or Malak's characters.  They would probably find a way to fuck up Bastilla and turn her into one of those LGBTQ icons that the movie industry so "desperately" needs.  A Bane movie could work too, but as of right now they haven't made Zannah canon (I think).  A movie centered around Malgus and his sack of Coruscant could be great as well, but I wouldn't be entirely sold on the idea, at least in its delivery. Sure, hundreds of Jedi and Sith duking it out sound cool, but if they were to focus too much on action and less on an interesting and in-depth plot, then I fear we would get a repeat of Attack of The Clones.  Malgus's and Eleena could also be one of those rare Star Wars relationships with a fantastic plot point, considering how it resolves and how deeply affected Malgus is by her.

To be honest I didn't think much of The Last Jedi after watching it in the theater, but the more I look back, the more I realize it was a steaming dumpster fire.  The humor made me cringe, the quote-on-quote representation and diversity was among the most forced in recent memory, and although this been recited many a time, the plot spits in the face of all Star Wars fans who even have the least bit of respect for lore.  It look Luke years to master the force, and even then he was subject to the perversions of the Dark side and would have been barbecued into oblivion had it not been for his daddy.  Rey masters this shit in little over a week, if not within a few days, and somehow is able to outduel the most powerful fucking Jedi to ever traverse the galaxy.  What's that? She is the new most powerful force user EVARRR?!?!?! Please, absolute bullshit.  Until I see her pulling off Nihilus level concentration I refuse to believe this character is amongst the most powerful in Star Wars.  Don't get me wrong, Daisey Ridley is not a bad actor by any means, but this writing is bonkers. Also fuck them for not having Ackbar take out the First Order flagsip instead of the Jurassic Park chick.

I rest my case.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Fuck TLJ and Fuck Rian Johnson.

When a simple edit is better then the actual movie, this shit almost made me cry man... RIP Ackbar :'(
« Last Edit: June 27, 2018, 08:18:20 pm by Marceaux »

Offline Stroke0fd34th

• Major General
  • Luck is for people who are too lazy to train
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Godfreid
« Reply #639 on: June 27, 2018, 08:45:49 pm »
Just make kotor1 into a movie. Done deal. Or better yet give us Bane...

Bane would be good

a KoToR movie would be good for everyone who hasn't played the game lol

Offline junedragon

• Colonel
  • Nr2, 29th, PLG, 63e, Team Canada, 4eme
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 07, 2018, 04:43:36 am »
The second worst part of The Last Jedi for me is that it felt like there was a really good Star Wars movie trying to break out, but getting repeatedly squashed with tone deaf comedy and just plain awful writing.

The worst part was how flat out insulting it was to established characters. Case in point:

fucking Rose gets introduced mourning for her sister who just died and is presented as if we are supposed to feel devastated for a character literally just "introduced", but we dont even get to see Luke's reaction to Han's death... and Luke veritably ignores chewbacca... and Rey fucking translates what chewbacca is saying for him (one of the many wtf moments)

Thats all you need to say really.
Why am I still here

Offline StevenChilton

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 07, 2018, 04:48:36 am »
Glad I'm not the only one who thought Luke not giving a fuck about Chewbacca was weird.

Offline William

• Major General
  • What doth life?
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel where I upload NW and M&B
  • Nick: CluelessWill
« Reply #642 on: July 07, 2018, 05:00:13 am »
Not sure if this has been posted but I really like this
Check out my YT channel where I post NW www.youtube. com/c/CluelessWill
Spoiler
god damn, Anthony is smart, he was able to get the shit AEF to tie with the best reg in the game. The tactical geniusness needed to pull off such a feat is insane. He's the Erwin Rommel of NW.
i always get an erection when i check my subscrptions and see that phresh cluelesswill vid
It won't be FSE developing it, so it will come out!
[close]

Offline Piercee

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • SOUTH AFRICAN WAR DOG - NWWC 2019 WINNER
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 07, 2018, 12:54:49 pm »
the forced humour made me cringe more than anything when I watched it, holy shit

Offline Furrnox

• Lieutenant General
  • Eternally incorrect, centre-left, asshole.
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 16, 2018, 08:31:33 am »
Bathos the movie.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 08:39:51 am by Furrnox »