Author Topic: 28th (North Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot - "The Slashers" [EU]  (Read 88223 times)

Offline Fralla8

• Colonel
  • 30x Gold yo
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15thYR Cpl Fralla8
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 28th (North Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot - "The Slashers" [EU]
« Reply #390 on: July 05, 2019, 06:08:25 pm »
DISBAND WHEN?
I spoke my mind about that but my POST GOT REMOVED
Lit triple post enyoy ban noob
Im a noob because your mad about what I post lol thats toxic as fuck and your a hypocrite to trying to team up with me with mad people your the noob kid, you wouldn't be acting this big by yourself. Go run back to your posse you pussy you ain't shit by yourself.

Offline Blaze

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Blaze
  • Side: Confederacy
[5th] alax has changed their name to I give up fuck this.
Blaze has a small peepee, but atleast he doesn't ban me like a manchild

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 05, 2019, 08:02:58 pm »
Ty dad

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 06, 2019, 01:50:18 pm »

Originally raised in 1694 by the Governor of Portsmouth, the 28th first saw overseas service in Newfoundland where it was posted to protect the colony, however it suffered many loses due to the extreme cold. The regiment was disbanded in 1697, but reformed under the same colonel in 1702. The regiment partook in its first battle during the War of the Spanish Succession, at the battle of Elixheim in 1705 and then Ramillies in 1706. It was then sent to the Spain, losing over half its men at the Battle of Almansa in April 1707, and then took part in the capture of Vigo in October 1719 during the War of the Quadruple Alliance. The regiment saw action in Flanders during the War of the Austrian Succession and, having been designated the 28th Regiment of Foot in 1751, it took part in the Battle of Louisburg in June 1758 and the Battle of the Plains of Abraham at Quebec in September 1759 during the Seven Years' War. The regiment was sent back in North America in May 1776 and took part in the Battle of White Plains in October 1776 during the American War of Independence. It also fought in the West Indies and helped take Saint Lucia in 1778, but was captured by the French on Saint Kitts in 1782 and interned until the end of the war. In 1782, renamed the 28th (North Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot as part of the reforms to create a territorial association for each regiment, it returned to Flanders following the outbreak of war with revolutionary France in 1793 and moved to the West Indies in 1795. A detachment remained in Gibraltar before being moved to Menorca in 1798.

In March 1801 the regiment formed part of the British expeditionary force that landed at Aboukir Bay in Egypt to oppose Napoleon's Army of the East. On the 21st March, during the Battle of Alexandria, French cavalry broke through the British lines, formed up behind the regiment, and began to charge. Still heavily engaged from the front, the order was given as follows, "Rear Rank, 28th! Right About Face", and standing thus in two ranks, back to back, the regiment successfully defended itself. For this action the regiment was accorded the unique privilege of wearing the regimental number both on the front and the back of its head-dress. The regiment was dispatched to Denmark and took part in the Battle of Copenhagen in August 1807 during the Gunboat War. The regiment next landed in Portugal in July 1808 for service in the Peninsular War. It took part in the Battle of Corunna on 16 January 1809 before being evacuated from the Peninsula the following day. A detachment remained behind and fought at the Battle of Talavera in July 1809. The remainder of the regiment went on to take part in the disastrous Walcheren Campaign in the summer of 1809.The regiment returned to the Peninsula in January 1810. It saw action at the Battle of Barrosa in March 1811, the Battle of Albuera in May 1811 and the Battle of Arroyo dos Molinos in October 1811, as well as the Battle of Vitoria in June 1813 and the Battle of the Pyrenees in July 1813. It then pursued the French Army into France and fought at the Battle of Nivelle in November 1813, the Battle of the Nive in December 1813, the Battle of Orthez in February 1814 and the Battle of Toulouse in April 1814. It was one of the few Peninsula veteran regiments which was available for the Hundred Days campaign and fought at the Battle of Quatre Bras and at the Battle of Waterloo, as part of the 8th Brigade commanded by James Kempt, in June 1815. Because of its actions and bravery in this campaign, the regiment earned a distinguished mention in the dispatches of the Duke of Wellington, one of only four regiments to ever do so.

After the war the regiment spent the next 20 years in the Mediterranean, Ireland and England, before being posted to Australia as garrison troops. It served in India from 1842 to 1848 and fought at the Battle of Alma in September 1854, the Battle of Inkerman in November 1854 and the Siege of Sevastopol in winter 1854 during the Crimean War. It then served in India from 1858 to 1865, before spending further time in the Mediterranean. As part of the Cardwell Reforms of the 1870s, where single-battalion regiments were linked together to share a single depot and recruiting district in the United Kingdom, the 28th was linked with the 61st (South Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot, and assigned to district no. 37 at Horfield Barracks in Bristol. The final postings were to Hong Kong, Singapore, Malacca and Penang. On 1 July 1881 the Childers Reforms came into effect and the regiment amalgamated with the 61st (South Gloucestershire) Regiment of Foot to form the Gloucestershire Regiment.

The 28th Regiment of Foot is a competitive focused, European based regiment originally founded by Movement in 2016. Having said this, we do also accept recruits from North America. The core community dates back to early 2016 in the 3rd Regiment of Foot. We value respect and discipline within the regiment, as this helps to keep the community feeling strong, and most of all enjoyable. The regiment's core is made up of experienced and skilled players in all aspects of the game, however we actively seek to recruit and encourage newer players to enlist. If you are looking for a fun but also competitive regiment then the 28th is the right regiment for you.

Officers

Captain   

Lieutenant             

Ensign

Non-Commissioned Officers       

Serjeant Major

Colour Serjeant     

Serjeant

Corporal

Enlisted

Lance Corporal       

Grenadier

Kingsman

Private

Recruit

Monday     

Tuesday     

Wednesday     

Thursday     

Friday     

Saturday     

Sunday     

FREE   

1v1 / GF         

FREE   

1v1 / GF     

FREE     

1v1 / GF     

1v1 / GF     

Captain - Jordan MacAllister   

Lieutenant - Lucas Drummond   

Ensign - George Goldfield     

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 06, 2019, 01:54:28 pm »
Don’t start that shit here boi

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 06, 2019, 01:55:34 pm »
sori il stop when i get my artwork

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 06, 2019, 02:27:35 pm »
sori il stop when i get my artwork
The sun is rising

David_Schrein

« Reply #397 on: July 06, 2019, 02:34:51 pm »
Should i ban steinmann of this thread

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 06, 2019, 02:36:48 pm »
Should i ban myself off this thread

Yes

David_Schrein

« Reply #399 on: July 06, 2019, 02:38:05 pm »
Golden new Lt shadey new Cpl  ;D ;D

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 06, 2019, 02:45:21 pm »

Offline Skipper

• First Lieutenant
  • The real Skipper of NW
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skipper
« Reply #401 on: July 06, 2019, 08:00:52 pm »
Noice
Pirate_Battle_1 Community Rep||||[Former]Groupfighting admin, Jail Break server admin||||88th, 126th, 33rd, 24th, 57th, 2ndCSG, 54th, 4th, 65th, 5Brg, 67th, 57e, 28th

Offline Shadey

• Statue King
  • Donator
  • Joli garçon
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 08, 2019, 02:09:49 am »
Nice GF vs 15th today mens 8) Solid 25 attendance

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #403 on: July 08, 2019, 05:55:29 am »
Nice GF vs 15th today mens 8) Solid 25 attendance
ur nice

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #404 on: July 08, 2019, 11:47:08 am »
Treat me well and I might consider sharing my hentai collection.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.