Author Topic: The current state of the community and it's troubles  (Read 25384 times)

Offline 17th_Bern

• Private
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 17th_Rgl_Bern
  • Side: Neutral
Re: The current state of the community and it's troubles
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2013, 06:50:00 pm »
and i do understand that, that is happening. at the same time the problem is that there is so much mixed response from the if you pardon the phrase "anti current FSE" that its hard to tell from the trolls to the reasonable people actually attempting to make a positive change. some its clear as day. others tbh one moment they are fine then one post later and thye descend into behaving like spoilt children.

ive never once wanted to personally attack anyone, ive been playing since MM but i never had the desire to become part of the forum community hell until NW i didnt particularly desire even being in a regiment. but as soon as i heard about this and began to read what was happening ... suddenly all i could see was hate. needless pointless hate that about 80% of it was uneccessary. i realise some things are necessary to be brought up but there is far too much backstabbing and backhandedness about all of this. and it makes me sick to the stomach. you'd think that they would realise that actually most of this is actually damaging the community more then fixing it. its also ofc slowing down the production of BCoF a game that i will most deffinately buy when it comes out. a game i hope and long to see come to fruition and become something. they have worked hard and deserve it!

but still as i said. until the "anti current FSE" learns to show a little more decorum and respect in their approach nothing positive will come from all of this.
ALL shall FEAR the DIRT CANNONNEERS!

I make videos. its splendid go search the 17thfoot in youtube http://www.youtube.com/17thfoot

Offline Andriej

• Volunteer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2013, 06:51:35 pm »

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FSEForums_Sergeant_Horseman
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
If it is forum administration I agree that Craigs was over the top, however I think he admitted somewhere he might have crossed the line (was still too harsh and therefore the decision has been overturned). The other bans I agree with. There need to be boundaries, state your critisim in a way that is useful, that is the main thing to be taken away from it.

Tell me, what do you know about the other people that were banned? and the justification of their ban?

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
  • This is just a game, respect other people!
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
  • Nick: PrideofNi
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2013, 06:55:27 pm »
I seen plenty of Daniel's and Biggun's posts on this forum and among the community. Not to mention some private stuff, it was pathetic. I do recall someone said Cherry was banned..not sure about that, no idea who it is..although I do remember laughing at him/her's sig.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2013, 06:56:37 pm »
I seen plenty of Daniel's and Biggun's posts on this forum and among the community. Not to mention some private stuff, it was pathetic. I do recall someone said Cherry was banned..not sure about that, no idea who it is..although I do remember laughing at him/her's sig.

Would you mind quoting these posts? for the rest of us to see and maybe mention the "private" stuff because it clearly is not private.

Just post it here may as well.

Offline Deofuta

• Captain
  • 1stEPI_Fw_Deofuta
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2013, 06:57:05 pm »
If it is forum administration I agree that Craigs was over the top, however I think he admitted somewhere he might have crossed the line (was still too harsh and therefore the decision has been overturned). The other bans I agree with. There need to be boundaries, state your critisim in a way that is useful, that is the main thing to be taken away from it.

Tell me, what do you know about the other people that were banned?

You mean Daniel, Cherry, and Biggun? Three people who had broken forum policy many times over? Who harrassed the Devolopers over the past months through this forum, the taleworlds forum, our IRC, our teamspeak, and email?

The ban on Craig was a mistake, and we rectified it and apologized. The other three bans were not mistakes, and will remain on the books.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2013, 06:57:47 pm »

Tell me, what do you know about the other people that were banned?

You mean Daniel, Cherry, and Biggun? Three people who had broken forum policy many times over? Who harrassed the Devolopers over the past months through this forum, the taleworlds forum, our IRC, our teamspeak, and email?

The ban on Craig was a mistake, and we rectified it and apologized. The other three bans were not mistakes, and will remain on the books.

I am sorry, I do not believe I quoted you.

Wait just one second? They sent private messages to Vince via email and whatever else and Vince shared them here on the forums to the other moderators? Is that not breaching the latest addition to the rules?

"7. Posting private conversations without permission
All too often we have seen private conversations held on Steam, IRC, other programms, private messages and boards find their way onto the public domain. We will no longer invade this violation of trust on our forum. If you post a chat without the consent of the other member in the chat you will be instantly muted, and the post removed."
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:01:58 pm by HorseMan »

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2013, 07:04:25 pm »

Would you mind quoting these posts? for the rest of us to see and maybe mention the "private" stuff because it clearly is not private.

Just post it here may as well.

I am not going to take an hour to look through all his posts to find the ones I am talking about and I would imagine, as is normal policy, they have been removed. Either way, look for them yourself, if you are that interested and believe you have evidence to prove otherwise. As to what I am referring to as private, it was told to me in private and therefore it will remain private until those people decide to reveal it themselves.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »
I am not going to take an hour to look through all his posts to find the ones I am talking about and I would imagine, as is normal policy, they have been removed. Either way, look for them yourself, if you are that interested and believe you have evidence to prove otherwise. As to what I am referring to as private, it was told to me in private and therefore it will remain private until those people decide to reveal it themselves.

Good response, of course I myself have no evidence to prove what Vince or anyone says otherwise, I am merely questioning you willingness to believe something blindly. Enjoy your day :)

Offline PrideofNi

• Major General
    • View Profile
    • K-KA HQ
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2013, 07:11:15 pm »

Good response, of course I myself have no evidence to prove what Vince or anyone says otherwise, I am merely questioning you willingness to believe something blindly. Enjoy your day :)

You realise I stated my reasons like you asked? If anyone is acting blindly it is you (since the facts are readly avaliable). Thanks, I intend to :D

Offline Flash

• Second Lieutenant
  • Bang On!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Flash
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »
PEOPLE. Please stop making repeat threads trying to increase your epeen. It's prolonging this crap and just makes you look like an attention whore. If you want to buttkiss admins or complain or whatever then either keep it to a thread that is already discussing it or do it over PM.

This has to be the 5th thread I've read about exactly the same bloody thing, and all it does is drag up the drama again.

Offline HorseMan

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »
You realise I stated my reasons like you asked? If anyone is acting blindly it is you (since the facts are readly avaliable). Thanks, I intend to :D

You are not reading it correctly... when I spoke of blindly following I meant in reference to what he had told you, sure the other stuff is on the forums but that was not what I was referring to at that point.

Offline Modig

• First Lieutenant
  • Aspirerande arbetsaristoj
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2013, 07:46:34 pm »
I get censored for 'fellatio'?

GOOD JOB, REFLEAX

Offline 5arge

• Second Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2013, 10:10:45 pm »
I have been in the Mount and Blade community for a long time (that includes my time in MM and NW) and I have seen more than enough unfair administrating. I once had my entire line destroyed by friendly fire from a regiment run by a high ranking admin. When I tried to politely ask him what happened I was basically told to fuck myself and when I tried bringing it to the communities attention, he threatened to ban my whole regiment from linebattles. I've seen the face of tyrannical administration.
This happened so long ago, and yet you continue to bring it up whenever you have the opportunity. Your version of events that night have become so twisted and far from the truth the more time passes. More importantly, that line battle was MY event, hosted by MilitaryGamers.com, and had nothing to do with Vince, FSE, or any administration teams, it was just ME. You were a guest at my event, a guest, you were privileged to be there and your attendance was never guaranteed. The problem really stemmed from the fact that even though the pubs TKed you by mistake, and apologized, you had convinced yourself and your regiment (not YOUR regiment, you were just a NCO) that we had killed you all on purpose to take revenge for some ambush that occurred earlier in the line battle. You would not accept any other explanation for what happened, and so you thought that telling everyone your tale would somehow drum up anti-5arge fervor and then what? All that did was get you kicked out of my event... It was MY event you see, and not the community's. The community was invited to attend ofcourse, but only as long as they played nice in the sandbox.

That is the lesson here, I think. Many people in the community feel that the rest of the community owes them something, just for being a part of the whole. That's not how it works though, you should only expect to get out what you put in, and even that is not set in stone. I have dedicated hours and hours of my time providing events for this community, and all I expect in return is to not be hassled for my efforts. So when someone like you Mongoose, who literally never did anything for the community as a whole, starts making demands, as if I or anyone else owes you something, it's easy to tell you to go F yourself. Because you should. You never paid me a red cent to host line battles, nor were you guaranteed a well administrated line battle when you downloaded Mount and Musket (a free mod), and yet there you were making demands and accusations that you felt entitled to. I never owed you a thing, not even an apology for the TK, it's a video game, get over it. Likewise, Vince and FSE don't owe you anything, nor does the community as a whole. What have you done for them lately?
it seems that the person on the wrong end of 5arge always seems to get the punishment.

Offline Robin_Hood

• Sergeant Major
  • To be British; is to be haughtily honest.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sid the slick sh*t
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2013, 10:25:12 pm »
I have been in the Mount and Blade community for a long time (that includes my time in MM and NW) and I have seen more than enough unfair administrating. I once had my entire line destroyed by friendly fire from a regiment run by a high ranking admin. When I tried to politely ask him what happened I was basically told to fuck myself and when I tried bringing it to the communities attention, he threatened to ban my whole regiment from linebattles. I've seen the face of tyrannical administration.
This happened so long ago, and yet you continue to bring it up whenever you have the opportunity. Your version of events that night have become so twisted and far from the truth the more time passes. More importantly, that line battle was MY event, hosted by MilitaryGamers.com, and had nothing to do with Vince, FSE, or any administration teams, it was just ME. You were a guest at my event, a guest, you were privileged to be there and your attendance was never guaranteed. The problem really stemmed from the fact that even though the pubs TKed you by mistake, and apologized, you had convinced yourself and your regiment (not YOUR regiment, you were just a NCO) that we had killed you all on purpose to take revenge for some ambush that occurred earlier in the line battle. You would not accept any other explanation for what happened, and so you thought that telling everyone your tale would somehow drum up anti-5arge fervor and then what? All that did was get you kicked out of my event... It was MY event you see, and not the community's. The community was invited to attend ofcourse, but only as long as they played nice in the sandbox.

That is the lesson here, I think. Many people in the community feel that the rest of the community owes them something, just for being a part of the whole. That's not how it works though, you should only expect to get out what you put in, and even that is not set in stone. I have dedicated hours and hours of my time providing events for this community, and all I expect in return is to not be hassled for my efforts. So when someone like you Mongoose, who literally never did anything for the community as a whole, starts making demands, as if I or anyone else owes you something, it's easy to tell you to go F yourself. Because you should. You never paid me a red cent to host line battles, nor were you guaranteed a well administrated line battle when you downloaded Mount and Musket (a free mod), and yet there you were making demands and accusations that you felt entitled to. I never owed you a thing, not even an apology for the TK, it's a video game, get over it. Likewise, Vince and FSE don't owe you anything, nor does the community as a whole. What have you done for them lately?

The community bought their game, clothed and fed them, if it wasn't for the community they would now be unemployed or working on some godforsaken accounting program. The community are also paying for their upcoming title as a gesture of good will, so yes, FSE owes the community something.

In fact, FSE owes the community everything.

Instigating arguments is such a broad term, for all could be potentially and usually innocently participating in this joke of a rule. Post an opinion, someone disagrees and therefore you have instigated an argument. Now, sonny, welcome to the FSE graveyard where we ban you all with our sketchy rules as the tool. And why you say? Because we can, son.