Poll

Do you think TOG boycotting independent tournaments is good for the community?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: 🦀 Crab meme is gone 🦀 (thanks to V OMEGALUL L U B L E)  (Read 11210 times)

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 🦀 Freedom of hosting tournaments is gone 🦀
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2019, 02:57:16 pm »
I do not know which groupfighting teams are in this group exactly. But ye i just hope they have more slots in tournaments that a 4v4 or less. so that teams like ivan's and my team MC_WICKED can still compete without it being full in 1 day.
Maybe try qualifier matches for smaller/newer/unknown teams. Like a mini league/tournament before the end of the month tournament with the winning Team(s) getting to participate in the Main event. Dunno if theres that much demand from more casual teams tho
What are you talking about? Demand for casual teams?? That's not how public tournaments work in normal communities. Host doesn't have a demand for teams to sign up. There is just supply of teams that want to play and if you are trying to make a public tournament you take in as many as you can. Only restrictions being server lag from too many people and tournament being too long because there is so many matches that need to be played.
Both of those can be solved with more servers, admins being used or splitting tournament into multiple day one. But I don't think we have a problem with those two unless you decide for an unfortunate tournament format.

There is no need for some elitist mind set that only best teams and players can play in some 1st league. And even if you make this first league you always need as second.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:01:06 pm by McPero »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2019, 03:05:07 pm »
You may share the idea of a tournament, rules and your own map/referee team via Steam with us. Even though, we will help you hosting it, so it's even better for you and community at all. I can't see the problem there..

By the way, the next month is basically free, so go on.

Why should people go through you though? I'm all for co-operation and planning out dates of tournaments to ensure that they don't collide, but one group shouldn't be in control of what tournaments are hosted and what tournaments aren't. Just my two cents on the issue.
They wont have to go through us, they can go ahead and host their tournament. None of the teams that are part of this group will sign up though. We are not forcing any captains to boycott, this was all discussed on teamspeak a month ago and we have a steam chat where people have been discussing it for weeks. Every captain that is on board agreed with this. It's the captains own choice if he signs up his team or not. Its just that all captains of important teams agreed not to sign up if a tournament is not done through this group.

What i find weird is that we already involved all people that are/ have been relevant in the tournament hosting world over the last year. We involved all of the big teams and most of the small teams. The only people complaining are people who haven't had anything to do with competitive tournaments for over a year. Whether through hosting, or playing in them. If 90% or more of the people relevant (captains hosters referees) in the comp. tournament scene agree to do it this way, then what are you complaining about.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2019, 03:23:02 pm »
If there are any teams that aren't involved yet and would like more information or want to get involved as well let one of the head organisers know and we can see what we can do.

The more teams the more fun I think. I just hope they are open for something like this:16 teams. 4 groups of 4. And if 4 more teams apply they do 20 teams with 4 groups of 5 teams. not just put it at 16 max per tournament. Not like mightypains last tournament were there were 8 in 1 group, which makes adding more teams more difficult, also makes the tournament to long.
If it becomes regular that more than 16 teams would like to sign up then this would certainly be discussed.

You may share the idea of a tournament, rules and your own map/referee team via Steam with us. Even though, we will help you hosting it, so it's even better for you and community at all. I can't see the problem there..

Why should people go through you though? I'm all for co-operation and planning out dates of tournaments to ensure that they don't collide, but one group shouldn't be in control of what tournaments are hosted and what tournaments aren't. Just my two cents on the issue.
If you look on the thread I've updated it with more specific requirements in order for us to consider it a tournament we'd attend and I believe these to be quite fair, basic and wouldn't impede the organiser massively. I know we are by no means entitled to choose this which is why we spoke to as many captains as we could and discussed this before going ahead with the idea. Again anyone can host what they want but as Rikkert said if the captain doesn't want to sign up for it then they won't sign up.

I can understand peoples concern but as Rikkert also said pretty much anyone that was involved with tournament hosting heavily is in the group and if someone does want to get involved into the group and become an 'official tog hoster' as such then they can get in contact with us as well to discuss this.

As I've said several times we don't want to stop people hosting, we just want to make sure their tournament is going to be a reasonable quality and on a date reasonably away from other tournaments so that it's worth attending.

@McPero that's my bad then, it must have just been Chicken I discussed this with.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2019, 03:30:22 pm »
@McPero that's my bad then, it must have just been Chicken I discussed this with.
So you lied to me about everyone being on board with boycotting any tournament that is not hosted through TOG or are you lying about the reason why boycotting wasn't published untill I brought it up on this thread?

If it becomes regular that more than 16 teams would like to sign up then this would certainly be discussed.

How will you know how many teams outside of TOG want to sign up if every tournament is full? People usually don't ask people to attend a groupfighting tournament to make a team for it when signs up are full. I doubt people will try to sign up when tournament is full.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 03:33:42 pm by McPero »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2019, 03:38:28 pm »
Neither. I simply failed to mention to you we are still discussing the exact terms under which we would potentially boycott a tournament.

The 2nd tournament we are hosting this month still isn't full so it's not like they are filling up instantly, it's taking a good few weeks giving people time.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2019, 04:02:28 pm »

How will you know how many teams outside of TOG want to sign up if every tournament is full? People usually don't ask people to attend a groupfighting tournament to make a team for it when signs up are full. I doubt people will try to sign up when tournament is full.
First of all, im fairly certain almost all teams are part of TOG, there might be some less known teams or casual teams but they are free to join aswell. And as heri said, if more teams pop up, then they are also free to join.
Secondly it doesn't matter if a captain is in TOG or not for the signups. There is no difference between a TOG team as you are calling it and a non TOG team. There is no such thing as a TOG team. Signups are done on a first come first serve basis, like any normal tournament, not a TOG first everyone else later. So if teams outside of TOG sign up then they are treated the same as every 'TOG team'.
Thirdly people can always sign up to full tournaments as reserves. If a team drops out they can take their spot. Or if enough reserves sign up, then an expansion can be discussed with the organisers.

I don't know why you keep posting on this thread. All of the things you bring up are non-issues that have either already been discussed or are just rules of practice concerning tournaments.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:04:45 pm by Rikkert »

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2019, 04:02:51 pm »
Neither. I simply failed to mention to you we are still discussing the exact terms under which we would potentially boycott a tournament.

The 2nd tournament we are hosting this month still isn't full so it's not like they are filling up instantly, it's taking a good few weeks giving people time.
See it is hard for anyone to believe that. Since my main point the whole time was to not boycott tournaments and rather offer them help. I believe any sensible person would mention that exact terms are still being discussed and wouldn't repeat multiple times that tournaments outside of TOG are automatically boycotted by everyone inside the group. Voluble has also failed to mention it and was saying the same thing.
Every person that has some wit will realise what happened here. Captains and members of TOG were on board with the boycotting of tournaments outside the TOG. But you decided to not publish it on the forum thread as it wouldn't be good for the reputation of TOG. Which made made TOG look as some cooperation group that is there just to help. Then you have been  exposed for it with this thread so you were forced to publish it and you had to come up with the excuses as to why it wasn't published. At first you were just claiming everyone knows about the boycotting and it is not needed on the thread, then you changed your story to one that it wasn't exactly decided how boycotting would work.

Maybe because it is hosted by MightyPaiN? And there is nothing special about it?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 04:04:27 pm by McPero »

Offline MightyPaiN

• Colonel
  • ⚔ 17e ⚔ TBE ☆ Јебем вам матер ☆
    • View Profile
  • Nick: mightypain
« Reply #67 on: April 04, 2019, 04:15:06 pm »
Well i dont know who the fuck are you or what the fuck are you on about ¿

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 04, 2019, 04:33:25 pm »
Again McPero stop pointing things at specific people such as MightyPain.

Again your post is just spouting the same things that I have already addressed so I feel there is no need for me to really post anything back to that. We were hardly 'exposed' all you did was speed up what we were already planning to do and now everyone is aware, so thanks.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 04, 2019, 05:01:29 pm »

Again your post is just spouting the same things that I have already addressed so I feel there is no need for me to really post anything back to that. We were hardly 'exposed' all you did was speed up what we were already planning to do and now everyone is aware, so thanks.
Why? Is that against forum rules to evaluate someones tournament hosting skill?

My post is spouting how you keep lying and not properly adressing anything. And now that you can't defend your lies anymore you are saying I'm just saying the same things and there is nothing to discuss anymore. And by speed up you mean pressured to change things, which would never happen if it wasn't for someone exposing you.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 05:05:43 pm by McPero »

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2019, 05:07:45 pm »
I think everything has already been explained to you McPero but the simple answer is this. The TOG is designed to help everyone and benefit the whole community, its not a 'cartel' a 'monopoly' or whatever else you have been calling it. It was agreed upon and the rules designed by the entire competitive community since its focused solely on competitive tournaments nothing else, so the rest of the community is irrelevant.

There has been a group discussion chat for weeks now involving all parties discussing varies aspects of the TOG. Why you weren't part of it is because you are irrelevant and haven't attended a single tournament or been in a groupfighting team for god knows how long so your entire opinion on our tournaments and our competitive scene is also completely, irrelevant.

The whole boycotting tournaments aspect was not boycotting because we dislike you or certain organisers its simply everyone who participates in the TOG has basically agreed some tournaments are shit and some are too frequent and so we wont be attending those.

In regards to what the TOG is doing, it's simply creating a better more defined and competitive tournament rotor to the competitive scene in agreement with the majority of important organisers and staff and the majority of major groupfighting teams.

Anything you have to say about it at this point is stupid and your entire argument so far has been based upon nitpicking rules and nonsensical statements. The TOG is here to help and reinvent the competitive scene and its a collective of the whole competitive community.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2019, 05:10:26 pm »

My post is spouting how you keep lying and not properly adressing anything. And now that you can't defend your lies anymore you are saying I'm just saying the same things and there is nothing to discuss anymore. And by speed up you mean pressured to change things, which would never happen if it wasn't for someone to expose you.
You keep saying 'me' this is a group of people and I'm not even the one who first got the whole thing moving and again I haven't lied about anything I just failed to inform you, a single person of one point. It's also not I can't defend my points it's just I'm repeating the same thing and so are you so there is no point me just saying 'X xxxxx' then you just going 'Y yyyyyy' over and over again. If you bring up something new then sure I'll address it.

It's not against the rules but if you keep mentioning the same name in a negative way then that can be seen as harassment which is against the rules.

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2019, 05:35:44 pm »

My post is spouting how you keep lying and not properly adressing anything. And now that you can't defend your lies anymore you are saying I'm just saying the same things and there is nothing to discuss anymore. And by speed up you mean pressured to change things, which would never happen if it wasn't for someone to expose you.
You keep saying 'me' this is a group of people and I'm not even the one who first got the whole thing moving and again I haven't lied about anything I just failed to inform you, a single person of one point. It's also not I can't defend my points it's just I'm repeating the same thing and so are you so there is no point me just saying 'X xxxxx' then you just going 'Y yyyyyy' over and over again. If you bring up something new then sure I'll address it.

It's not against the rules but if you keep mentioning the same name in a negative way then that can be seen as harassment which is against the rules.
I'm not just saying you. I also said Voluble didn't conveniently to your argument failed to mention any discussion on boycotting matter. There is no way you would accidentally fail to mention such an important piece of information.
No you actually can't defend them. You are yet to address how your reasoning for not posting boycotting on the TOG thread went from it was not needed too it was not final and was being discussed. You also haven't provided a reason for tournament capping.

Mentioning someone in a 'negative'  way for the purpose of explaining something is not harassment, I didn't say anything that would be harassment. And you sadly wouldn't be the one deciding whether it is or not because of conflict of interests. If other mods think this is harassment they will properly moderate it.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 04, 2019, 05:44:31 pm »
Yes, I did address tournament caps and our reasoning for not putting boycotting on the thread at first. Whether you accept them as valid or 'enough' is your opinion. I've put my opinion out there. I'm not going to keep saying the same thing like you seem to be.

We are literally doing what I said above now lol.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #74 on: April 04, 2019, 06:11:23 pm »

They wont have to go through us, they can go ahead and host their tournament. None of the teams that are part of this group will sign up though. We are not forcing any captains to boycott, this was all discussed on teamspeak a month ago and we have a steam chat where people have been discussing it for weeks. Every captain that is on board agreed with this. It's the captains own choice if he signs up his team or not. Its just that all captains of important teams agreed not to sign up if a tournament is not done through this group.

Why though? To me, TOG is a great idea to filter the "prestigious" or "major", traditional tournaments, such as 5v5, 6v6, 7v7 tournaments hosted by known hosts, like Sir-Follkas aka Deadly DF, or MightyPaiN, from those which are hosted by some random billy123456. I don't see the reason to boycott billy's tournament, just because he's a no-name or because he doesn't give a shit about this TOG. Let him be, let him host his tournament, even if it is on a Thursday, 4 days after MarxeiL's tournament. Don't disallow players from participating and simply just take it less seriously, as it's not a TOG tournament (= not a major, meaning irrelevant to the comp. scene and ranking), thus you don't have to (!but can!) join as TBE or ChimpZ, but as TBInvite or RetardZ and have a good time without sweating and tryharding in the name of your (un)holy team and your tiny willy, as you did 4 days ago.

Because to me, it sounds that teams like TBE and thus their members are automatically disallowed to join billy's tournament because it's outside TOG? What happens if a team "breaks" this agreement? Will the team become blacklisted, or the captain?

Now, if what I said in my example is what you mean by "none of the teams that are part of this group will sign up" and that people will/can create random, new teams and perceive the tournament as a rather public experience, than the typical elite tournament, then I apologize and you can ignore my post.

Because once I come back to host another tournament from my 'le pitchovina' series, such as 6v6 - 4 swords and 2 muskets (little teaser), I don't want to see some communistic tournament party of NW telling players to not sign up.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 06:14:54 pm by Kore »
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.