Poll

Do you think TOG boycotting independent tournaments is good for the community?

Yes.
No.

Author Topic: 🦀 Crab meme is gone 🦀 (thanks to V OMEGALUL L U B L E)  (Read 11095 times)

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
  • Side: Neutral
Re: 🦀 Freedom of hosting tournaments is gone 🦀
« Reply #90 on: April 05, 2019, 01:04:28 pm »
You may share the idea of a tournament, rules and your own map/referee team via Steam with us. Even though, we will help you hosting it, so it's even better for you and community at all. I can't see the problem there..

By the way, the next month is basically free, so go on.

Why should people go through you though? I'm all for co-operation and planning out dates of tournaments to ensure that they don't collide, but one group shouldn't be in control of what tournaments are hosted and what tournaments aren't. Just my two cents on the issue.
They wont have to go through us, they can go ahead and host their tournament. None of the teams that are part of this group will sign up though. We are not forcing any captains to boycott, this was all discussed on teamspeak a month ago and we have a steam chat where people have been discussing it for weeks. Every captain that is on board agreed with this. It's the captains own choice if he signs up his team or not. Its just that all captains of important teams agreed not to sign up if a tournament is not done through this group.
Don't disallow players from participating and simply just take it less seriously, as it's not a TOG tournament.
Because to me, it sounds that teams like TBE and thus their members are automatically disallowed to join billy's tournament because it's outside TOG? What happens if a team "breaks" this agreement? Will the team become blacklisted, or the captain?
We don't disallow anyone to host their tournaments, anyone can go host a tournament. It is just that the captains of the teams involved (most teams are involved at this point) agreed not to participate. We also aren't forcing any captain to not sign his team up. For now the system is based on trust and cooperation with the captains that agreed to work together. I don't know if there will ever be a system of enforcement or black listing of teams. That is not up to me, but the head organisers.
Again, no TBE would not be disallowed to sign up. It is just that TBE agreed not to sign up, as most teams have so far.

Now, if what I said in my example is what you mean by "none of the teams that are part of this group will sign up" and that people will/can create random, new teams and perceive the tournament as a rather public experience, than the typical elite tournament, then I apologize and you can ignore my post.
You can sign up your team with friends. Even TBE or chimpz could sign up. But it would defeat the purpose of the agreement and the TOG as a whole. Because if one team breaks the agreement, noone will take it seriously anymore and were back to square one.

Like, I'm not trynna be offensive or anything, but the TOG tries to stop tournament spam, right? Well, the very only 2 reasons that there was this tournament spam are the 2 members of the TOG - MP, and Marxeil, lmao. That's why I and many others find it kinda silly because this could have been easily resolved by some communication between the two. Like sure, as an organisational group that helps with tournaments etc it is cool, but boycotting that one or 2 random tournaments, that some random guy once in 3 months hosts is simply beyond me.

I have received your and Volubles explanations which is all fine and dandy, but I'm not gonna change my opinion on this.
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
Re: 🦀 Freedom of hosting tournaments is gone 🦀
« Reply #91 on: April 05, 2019, 07:53:06 pm »

Like, I'm not trynna be offensive or anything, but the TOG tries to stop tournament spam, right? Well, the very only 2 reasons that there was this tournament spam are the 2 members of the TOG - MP, and Marxeil, lmao. That's why I and many others find it kinda silly because this could have been easily resolved by some communication between the two. Like sure, as an organisational group that helps with tournaments etc it is cool, but boycotting that one or 2 random tournaments, that some random guy once in 3 months hosts is simply beyond me.

I have received your and Volubles explanations which is all fine and dandy, but I'm not gonna change my opinion on this.
I agree they are two people who host majorty of tournaments, I would however say the immediate issue was quality of tournaments rather than spam (in recent times). But the prior spam of tournaments is something that can easily happen again more than likely would of which is why its very good to get the two main hosts on board to prevent it happening further. I agree there could have been alternate methods to come to the goal of stopping tournament spam, but that is simply one of the issues within the tournament hosting in the game. Yes, it is good you see the "cool" and positive side of it and from the information you have, I see how you came to this conclusion. But as you mentioned previously, "That's why I and many others find it kinda silly" as a person you get your opinion which is formed from what you see, this is why we all formed under one name and group to combine all our opinions of the current level of hosting, and that is why we all formed a group. Now with making a group with our combined opinions, we very quickly agreed upon what we would do in certain situations if people tried to host without any association or communication and meeting us in the middle, we would boycott them. Boycotting is the last resort, it comes after us trying to meet the organiser in the middle to get what the group (consists of alot 12 top gf teams who play every tournament) decided in our meetings. So if the organiser does not want to budge and meet us in the middle, he is technically rejecting to adhere to what the majority of the comp scene want from a tournament. So why is it a big deal and why is it so wrong if we do all mutual boycott? This is something like minded people have warmed to and the vast majority are on board with. In the future it would be better for people to know what TOG is before we start to engage in discussions as this time, McPero did not know who we was and so did a lot of people outside of the loop who may be slightly inactive. We did not want it to end this way and it is sad it has come to this but that is just a mutual disagreement on what we all wanted from tournaments and McPero did not want to adhere to what the community agreed on :/  Sorry again and It would be nice is McPero could change his subject on the thread as he himself admitted it was a meme title and can't think of a relevant one, yet this subject is misleading when clicking on it and simply untrue. So sorry again and bye bye xoxo
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline McPero

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 17e 5-4 92nd
    • View Profile
Re: 🦀 Crab meme is gone 🦀 (thanks to V OMEGALUL L U B L E)
« Reply #92 on: April 05, 2019, 11:57:32 pm »
I found a sufficient meme for the title I hope V OMEGALUL L U B L E is happy. I am locking the voting. Thread will be locked tomorrow at some point so you can still post. I feel like most of the stuff has been discussed and since no side can force the other to anything there is no point in continuing, if someone disagrees I can maybe leave the thread unlocked. Kids you have like less than a day to get this thread to 100 pages.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2019, 12:00:01 am »
I found a sufficient meme for the title I hope V OMEGALUL L U B L E is happy. I am locking the voting. Thread will be locked tomorrow at some point so you can still post. I feel like most of the stuff has been discussed and since no side can force the other to anything there is no point in continuing, if someone disagrees I can maybe leave the thread unlocked. Kids you have like less than a day to get this thread to 100 pages.

Hey, you are the one making serious threads bitching about TOG, yet you make a "meme" title basically hinting at us limiting freedom of tournament hosting which is lieing and misleading and for someone so serious in making a point, that was very immature of you.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2019, 12:00:58 am »
To be honest I'm glad you raised your concerns and so did others as it will allow us to try and adapt/improve the idea as best we can for the community and what is hoped to be achieved. Again if anyone still has any further concerns/queries that haven't been raised on this thread drop one of us a message.

P.S Vol stop posting on this thread and making yourself look more stupid.  :-X ::)
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2019, 12:02:50 am »
Vol is busy raging at me in Poosy TS cause of Janne being higher than him
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:04:59 am by MarxeiL »
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2019, 12:04:41 am »
Vol is busy raging at me in TS cause of M.Points

Nah he was raging at me because I cant possibly be irish AND British and because liking wolfe tones = wanting to murder english people  ;D

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2019, 12:06:23 am »

Nah he was raging at me because I cant possibly be irish AND British and because liking wolfe tones = wanting to murder english people  ;D
Then he was raging at Bagins because he removed admin from him
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2019, 04:51:50 pm »

Then he was raging at Bagins because he removed admin from him

Welcome to a day in the life!