Author Topic: European Groupfighting Tournament III - Return of ChimpZ  (Read 5229 times)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: European Groupfighting Tournament III - Return of ChimpZ
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2019, 10:38:39 am »
seriously can we stop the trend of announcing tournaments a month or more in advance? 1-2 weeks should be enough
+1 it's ridiculous
Unless it's a major/large-scale tournament I'm inclined to agree 2 weeks is a more suitable period.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fwuffy

• Amazing human being who deserves this title fully
  • General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Toupie
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 11:46:35 am »
Wait what's wrong with it, I'm curious

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 11:53:59 am »
THE ANTICIPATION IS KILLING ME FWUFFY

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 12:42:05 pm »
Well a few things around organisation for teams. Often people don't know what they're doing 4 weeks before so it's hard to confirm lineups/attendance. Also with the NW scene as you will know many regiments/team disband or reform as other teams so 4 weeks can be quite a long time for a team to stay dedicated to said tournament.

Furthermore the actual organisation of a one day tournament doesn't exactly take much effort/time so it can be done pretty much instantly. All and all it's basically an unnecessary wait for something that could be announced with much less of a delay.

It's not a massively negative thing just makes the whole thing feel pro-longed and a buildup for what will normally be a pretty anti-climatic event.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 01:18:23 pm »
Fot me it's the exact opposite, the greater the advance the better - so I can plan things around it. I'd love to have everything months ahead.

As for the lineups and teams it's not really an issue to swap things around and find out who can come as the event nears + with the use of reserve teams other teams dropping out shouldn't really be an issue like ever.

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2019, 01:18:48 pm »
It's a process which became necessary due to some people spamming their tournaments, opening a new tournament thread the hour directly after their other tournament had finished just so other people couldn't get a chance to organize their own stuff. If you can keep a control on that, then yeah, two weeks should be plenty enough time for a one-day tournament.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2019, 01:32:58 pm »
Fot me it's the exact opposite, the greater the advance the better - so I can plan things around it. I'd love to have everything months ahead.

As for the lineups and teams it's not really an issue to swap things around and find out who can come as the event nears + with the use of reserve teams other teams dropping out shouldn't really be an issue like ever.
Of course for some people one is better than the other. In my case I will never put NW before anything in real life and in some cases something might pop up last minute in which case I'll drop the NW tournament. But again this is personal preference/lifestyles really.

It's a process which became necessary due to some people spamming their tournaments, opening a new tournament thread the hour directly after their other tournament had finished just so other people couldn't get a chance to organize their own stuff. If you can keep a control on that, then yeah, two weeks should be plenty enough time for a one-day tournament.
This doesn't really stop tournament spam. Tournaments have always been announced with this much of a time period in the past. All that happened was people had 4 tournaments announced week after the other with 4 week wait times.

Offline Voluble123

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2019, 01:38:43 pm »
Well a few things around organisation for teams. Often people don't know what they're doing 4 weeks before so it's hard to confirm lineups/attendance. Also with the NW scene as you will know many regiments/team disband or reform as other teams so 4 weeks can be quite a long time for a team to stay dedicated to said tournament.

Furthermore the actual organisation of a one day tournament doesn't exactly take much effort/time so it can be done pretty much instantly. All and all it's basically an unnecessary wait for something that could be announced with much less of a delay.

It's not a massively negative thing just makes the whole thing feel pro-longed and a buildup for what will normally be a pretty anti-climatic event.
We made TOG to stop tournament spam and poorly hosted tournaments which successfully  worked and we have a good events with no spam. If people complain about being given 2 weeks extra notice then idk what to say xD We are the ones hosting it so we decide when to post it as we are the ones who need to plan shit and update the thread, all teams need to do is put a rough roster down and edit it more towards the time. If people dont know who they have a month prior that is not a issue because they have just under another 5 weeks to edit it again with what roster they will be using. Every NW event not including prize pools are all anti-climatic because the game is dead and everything has been repeated for the 500th time! You can be the judge of if a one day tournament doesnt take alot of effort by I don't agree with that. If teams disbanded then so be it, we have 7/8 teams signed up in less than 13hours so im sure we will have reserves ready and waiting.
h0w mush chug kud a chug chung chung if a chug chung kud chung chug?

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2019, 01:50:11 pm »
This doesn't really stop tournament spam. Tournaments have always been announced with this much of a time period in the past. All that happened was people had 4 tournaments announced week after the other with 4 week wait times.
It does stop the tournament spam from the same couple of people, or at least it limits potential abuse. Also the organisation of tournaments has vastly changed over the years since Hekko and Evan first hosted the groupfighting tournaments so making generalities saying 'tournaments have always been that way' is simply wrong.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2019, 02:07:23 pm »
It does stop the tournament spam from the same couple of people, or at least it limits potential abuse. Also the organisation of tournaments has vastly changed over the years since Hekko and Evan first hosted the groupfighting tournaments so making generalities saying 'tournaments have always been that way' is simply wrong.
Yes from the same couple of people but as always we still don't have one host. But since TOG started and passed it seems tournament spam was fixed anyway so you're welcome.

'Also the organisation of tournaments has vastly changed over the years since Hekko and Evan first hosted the groupfighting tournaments so making generalities saying 'tournaments have always been that way' is simply wrong.' Yes tournament organisation as a whole package has changed but not the fact that there are long breaks between tournaments being announced and actually played.

We made TOG to stop tournament spam and poorly hosted tournaments which successfully  worked and we have a good events with no spam. If people complain about being given 2 weeks extra notice then idk what to say xD We are the ones hosting it so we decide when to post it as we are the ones who need to plan shit and update the thread, all teams need to do is put a rough roster down and edit it more towards the time. If people dont know who they have a month prior that is not a issue because they have just under another 5 weeks to edit it again with what roster they will be using. Every NW event not including prize pools are all anti-climatic because the game is dead and everything has been repeated for the 500th time! You can be the judge of if a one day tournament doesnt take alot of effort by I don't agree with that. If teams disbanded then so be it, we have 7/8 teams signed up in less than 13hours so im sure we will have reserves ready and waiting.
I'm not saying you're in the wrong or that your events in particular are anti-climatic I'm only stating the reasons why some people don't like such large announcement-hosting periods.

Offline LeBrave

• Major
  • still better than you
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FRA
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 02:10:18 pm »
rsv
1x Duel Champion (5x podiums)/ 5x NWWC champions / 74x tournaments finalists

1vs1-10vs10 champion and 3x golds RGL L1, 4x golds NWGFL L1 and 1x gold NLC.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 02:10:47 pm »
Well it's also up to the people hosting the next tournaments to see which dates they can occupy :)

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2019, 02:12:05 pm »
Well it's also up to the people hosting the next tournaments to see which dates they can occupy :)
Yes of course, though it's not like that couldn't be decided/announced nearer the time you actually want to host. Again it's nothing personal against your tournaments or hosting I'm simply stating reasons on why people may be against it since you literally asked.

Offline Kore

• The Sideblock King
  • Major General
  • Best Czech player on the Moon. uaa
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Oubliette*******
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2019, 02:50:25 pm »
You do You, I'm just saying it should stop as it is unnecessary, I mean, 4-5 weeks of "preparation" for an 8 teams tournament that will most likely finish in under 2 hours? Sick. As volubublwble said, you already have 7/8 teams. Why not get the last one and pop it off sooner?

2 weeks should be cool, if you can't on some of the dates, then 3.

But yeah, still better than MP's tournaments that are being announced half a year in advance, now that's pretty epic.

At the end it doesn't really matter, just posting an opinion :)
One of the best side blockers in the game. Often reffered as 'the Sideblock King'.

Offline Fwuffy

• General
  • Statue Gaming™
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2019, 03:03:32 pm »
Later tonight the EGT will announce the tournament schedule for 2020