Author Topic: Sherwood Foresters Regiment (SF)  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Sherwood Foresters Regiment (SF)
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2023, 09:55:54 pm »
We all know the purpose, you want your centre to play RGL.

Pretending its otherwise is dumb. Just be a bit more blatant with it, grow a pair and you'll get what you want. Cloak and dagger shit doesn't work (especially if everyone knows the trick play)

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2023, 09:58:39 pm »

Pretending its otherwise is dumb. Just be a bit more blatant with it, grow a pair and you'll get what you want. Cloak and dagger shit doesn't work (especially if everyone knows the trick play)
Ty for some useless information, next time we ask for your opinion. I'll send you a message alright?
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Pumti

• Second Lieutenant
  • Stand Brave Men!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Pummo
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2023, 10:03:44 pm »

Hope you aren't referring to my earlier message.

The leading staff of 45thN Centre does not pretend otherwise. We want to play the Centre in RGL. This is a method of justifying it, as we are forced to view SF as a regiment in order to join. I am sure Maskman sees it the same way.

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2023, 10:18:06 pm »
I was responding to maskman. I'd have quoted an earlier post if it was someone else.

Ty for some useless information, next time we ask for your opinion. I'll send you a message alright?
You're the unfunniest person on the forum. I don't care about you tryna flame me. Go for it. At least be funny though. Its a simple request.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2023, 11:54:14 pm »
This can be a job for me! I'll just reform and the centre joins me. okay??

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2023, 12:07:22 am »

Not exactly cloak and dagger shit as we have already discussed this with numerous members of the RGL staff this year. Sorry Major Unicorn that you weren’t involved in these discussions, perhaps if you didn’t run your own regiment into the ground and betray it then you would’ve been relevant in this conservation.

Regardless, it’s always a pleasure to keep you up to speed with events  ;D
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2023, 12:15:39 am »
This brings some memories
Spoiler

[close]

Offline Glenn

• Lieutenant General
  • 84th [NA] / 12th [EU]
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Glenn
  • Side: Union
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2023, 12:22:56 am »
084 > SF > 45thN
click here to join the 84th

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2023, 01:29:06 am »
Chriseh, I've been in the NW business for a long time too. I'm sure we all respect you and appreciate you hosting this. However, it amazes me why you hate the 45thN and SF that much  :-[ :( The game is fading away, we need to have understanding for each others opinions and perspectives as to keep the game somewhat alive xD
Its got nothing to do with you being the 45th, I said the same thing to 92nd everytime they asked and I say the same to you, everytime you ask. Every normal NW regiment with more than 1 company never had an issue with signing up 1 roster with a mix of their best players from each company.

Its not my fault your centre and grens despise eachother so much you refuse to even play with eachother on the same server. But don't worry, Maskman will try and convince everyone the 45th Grens 10 attendance to groupfights is part of his master plan.

In earlier times multiple regiments from the same grouping (army) were accepted. The centre company is entirely different to our grenadier company, it is the same principle.
Never once in NWL, EIC nor RGL has multiple rosters from the same regiment been accepted. You can bend the truth and say that IVe being allowed to sign up multiple is the same as what you are asking when you know they are not. Stephane and IVe leadership for example did not have direct control over the running of each individual regiment (yes I know they weren't completely hands off either though) and organisers knew that these regiments play competitive tournaments completely independantly.

45th is not this and you know that is the case. in 11 years of competitive NW its not been allowed once and its not happening now.

Feel free to signup "SF" to RGL, I can already tell you the organisers have already made the decision that you won't be playing. Honestly I didn't even need to ask them, but I did anyway and got a collective "fuck no".

Funny John Price  once again bending the truth here to make me look the villain And keep himself relevant. if you were competent enough to even check the server logs, you’d see I decided to continue and keep the score as it was (going against the potential void + replay) , much against the ruleset which pointed in the direction of a void round with mass FIC (which dams even admitted)
Dams then offered the 45thN a void round as there was some but admittedly no mass FIC having looked at the footage in hindsight. I decided to take the void round to which there was massive outrage and insults to Dams in the chat which made him RQ.
Following that and a late start - we decided to cancel the void round making the score 1-1

I understand its really easy to lie, looks like it comes as second nature to you. But why lie on a public forum in which you have already told your own version of the truth, so either you lied here or you lied then (no need to say, we already know the answer). Either way you are a fucking cretin. You walked back the voided round after already fucking the match so hard, the referee left from the abuse then despite me having a replacement ref for you within 5 minutes, you guys decided to go play a groupfight instead and just not play the bronze match.

Its all there, you wrote it yourself in the quote below.

Spoiler
After a 1-0 start for the 45thN there were a few contentious rule breaks from the 55th that weren't followed up upon. A player was consequently permabanned for throwing a personal insult at Dams. Dams then offered the 45thN a void round as there was some but admittedly no mass FIC having looked at the footage in hindsight. I decided to take the void round to which there was massive outrage and insults to Dams in the chat which made him RQ.
Following that and a late start - we decided to cancel the void round making the score 1-1, Rayleigh and I decided to coshare the adminning but it clearly was not going to work out as it already was a massive mess with so much confusion. Ultimately taking into account the start time of EGS L2, Vegi and I decided to not play the 3rd place match, despite being offered a new ref 5/10 minutes after Dams left, a match that not only we but our regiments both did not want to play and a match that was not originally planned in the challonge. We just played a friendly GF instead  :D

In regards to the the 45thN in our eyes we played our final match against the 15thYR taking them into overtime in a really good match so its best to end EIC for us on that respectable but ultimately disappointing note.  GG WP to all the opponents we faced as well as a big thank you to Chriseh for hosting EIC S5  :)
[close]
But yea Chriseh - you keep on arranging important ‘meetings’ that no one cares about/ no one even attends. Keep trying to stay relevant bro  8).
What meetings? I'm not running the fucking illuminati out of my bedroom you melt

EDIT: I’m sure SF leadership will address the purpose of this thread tommorow or so as I myself am away and not involved in the management of SF
Pumti has literally already said multiple times its to play in RGL literally scroll up gok wan

Not exactly cloak and dagger shit as we have already discussed this with numerous members of the RGL staff this year.
What "numerous members of the RGL staff this year" because RGL wasn't even announced that long ago and the only people on the RGL staff team was me and Kore, Yovko and DarkTemplar literally joined the admin team not long before the sign ups went live. Unless you mean you talked to the staff of PREVIOUS seasons, you know those guys that would have rather let it die than actually finish hosting the last one? Yeah I am sure they had your back.

I would just like to say it loud and clear so you understand it. We don't care if you would still take a match between the 45th Centre vs 45th Grens seriously, we don't care if you believe you won't try fuckery with people playing across the rosters, the point is THE. OPPORTUNITY. SHOULDN'T. EVEN. EXIST.

Its competitive integrity, if the tournament doesn't have that then there's no fucking point in hosting it.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:37:08 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2023, 01:40:08 am »
Its competitive integrity, if the tournament doesn't have that then there's no fucking point in hosting it.

I'd understand 'competitive integrity' if we're talking about an NWWC, but RGL includes numerous regiments from all different skill backgrounds so I don't at all grasp what your point is here (hence why there are three leagues?). I don't also understand how including centre companies (even though share the same name, ultimately has different leadership with a different roster) is any different than another regiment.

I don't care about the 45thN or 55th to be honest, but seems like delusion to not allow more sign-ups even if that means allowing separate companies to play considering the current state of NW. If the 'sherwood foresters regiment' exists and even if it was created TO play in RGL, by requirement, they should be allowed to play as they're NOT 45thN, where do you draw the line between company and regiment?

Also could you be more considerate and not run your tongue by insulting people who disagree with you? Remove that main protagonist mindset, it's quite cringe.

Its not my fault your centre and grens despise eachother so much you refuse to even play with eachother on the same server. But don't worry, Maskman will try and convince everyone the 45th Grens 10 attendance to groupfights is part of his master plan.

I hate this point, not only is it a complete twist of truth but was indicative of malice. Centre and Grens (I was NCO in both Centre and then Grens at one point) get on fine and if 45thN grens can't get 15, they usually ask centre company for players from their own event (which they can quite happily say no, and do).
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 01:53:36 am by Fietta »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2023, 02:06:30 am »
Fuck! My center departed to the 92nd (AGAIN)! So I couldn't care less about this argument anymore. But good to see the 92nd name returning to RGL!

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2023, 02:31:52 am »
Alot to unpack here, I am not here to argue about a meme from last year - I want to talk seriously about RGL this year, however before those conversations tomorrow, let me indulge in firstly your most stupid comment;

Don't know why this comment is even relevant to the discussion but okay ill bite, another prime example of Chriseh chatting pure shit - pretending to know about things he does not have a clue about - our centre company and grenadier company don't 'despise eachother' and have never have. If you even had any idea how my regiment works you wouldnt have made this very ignorant comment, best delete it because its embarrassing mate  :-X
We very much work together whilst having an independent leadership structure and event schedule, an example of this is when looking at the NCOs present and past youll find tons of NCOs coming across from both companies in supporting the wider regimental structure, DarkBG, Ody and Sticky from the Grens to the Centre, as well as sHype, Fietta and myself originally coming from the Centre leadership to support the Grens. EICs, NWBCs, the 2v2 and other Linebattle tournaments were very much a joint effort where both companies worked together and won things together, and unfortunately for you we did get palmares in all these tournaments because we played as a team on the same server, im sure you remember that 10-0 in EIC and 6-0 vs 18e in NWBC :) (probably would've only won 5-1 if our centre/grens couldnt play on the same server :P)

THIS

I hate this point, not only is it a complete twist of truth but was indicative of malice. Centre and Grens (I was NCO in both Centre and then Grens at one point) get on fine and if 45thN grens can't get 15, they usually ask centre company for players from their own event (which they can quite happily say no, and do).
Also I know youre not active in the scene but to keep you up to date due to the recruitment and training up of newer players - our Grens are back on track bringing a solid 15-20 per groupfight, in this regiment we actually work hard and try to recruit and develop players to replace our olders one leaving, shame I cant say the same about the 27th or 18e - whatever you call yourself nowadays
[close]

In earlier times multiple regiments from the same grouping (army) were accepted. The centre company is entirely different to our grenadier company, it is the same principle.
In regards to what Pumti said, I agree with him, normally I would rationally understand the reason as to not play centre companies especially when back in the day there was a high demand and limited spots in both L1/L2 - it would be unfair that the centre would take a spot in L2 over other regiments with RGLS7 as an example.
However in this RGL, you will barely get 6 teams - maybe 8 teams if you really scrape the barrel. NW needs to adapt to these harder times and make the rules more lenient if we want to have longevity in this game, and actively discriminating against active players who are hungry to play just for the sake of their tag in front of their name. It really is simple, the more the merrier at this point seeing as it is the last days of Rome. Tomorrow I will speak to my NCOs as I dont know the extent of the conversations had.

Spoiler
Funny John Price  once again bending the truth here to make me look the villain And keep himself relevant. if you were competent enough to even check the server logs, you’d see I decided to continue and keep the score as it was (going against the potential void + replay) , much against the ruleset which pointed in the direction of a void round with mass FIC (which dams even admitted)
Dams then offered the 45thN a void round as there was some but admittedly no mass FIC having looked at the footage in hindsight. I decided to take the void round to which there was massive outrage and insults to Dams in the chat which made him RQ.
Following that and a late start - we decided to cancel the void round making the score 1-1

[close]
I understand its really easy to lie, looks like it comes as second nature to you. But why lie on a public forum in which you have already told your own version of the truth, so either you lied here or you lied then (no need to say, we already know the answer). Either way you are a fucking cretin. You walked back the voided round after already fucking the match so hard, the referee left from the abuse then despite me having a replacement ref for you within 5 minutes, you guys decided to go play a groupfight instead and just not play the bronze match. Its all there, you wrote it yourself in the quote below.

This is not relevant but sure: there was confirmed FIC in the 'not voided in the end round', what I was talking about in the first quote was my subjective understanding of the situation from my PoV at the time of the round, where the ref and many of my players claimed 'mass FIC'. The second quote was me objectively having reviewed the footage commenting post match that it was arguably but ultimately wasnt FIC. This really is a pedantic point and is in no way relevant, the round wasnt voided because of my decision and I took that round as a loss, I don't know why you bring this situation when it isn't even relevant in the conversation, maybe just tarnish my integrity and bring it down to your level?  :o

But yea Chriseh - you keep on arranging important ‘meetings’ that no one cares about/ no one even attends. Keep trying to stay relevant bro  8).
What meetings? I'm not running the fucking illuminati out of my bedroom you melt

The meetings where you messaged my Officers/NCOs behind my back to have a meeting to 'resolve' the 3rd place match issue, good thing your resolve in the end got the better of you and you cancelled it, rip drama  :-\ Regarding my comment about the 'RGL staff this year', I obviously meant the staff involved in RGL for this year.

Funny how you act like the WhiteKnight of FSE - upholding integrity as a host whilst unironically personally insulting me and blasting previous hosts, youre right though - normally hosts should have integrity. It is quite ironic though considering you are the one that rigged and consequently dropped out of an RGL due to a certain WhiteKnight  ::) :-X. Where is the integrity in that?  ;D

EDIT: I'd rather agree to drop and just not play a third place match in a tournament rather than have to get kicked out of it and consequently disband my regiment. But hey, you do you  ;)

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 02:46:37 am by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2023, 04:05:50 am »
Holy shit you guys are a fucking disaster. Literally both of you.

Maskman you have never had any integrity or the likes of it. Although irrelevant to this discussion you openly go around and lie about shit, you try to bend rules in your favor (not the community's favor), and still try to create some "45TH IS SO SPECIAL SITUATION" when after a couple of years it's pretty save to say everybody already got a proper opinion on you and your regiment. Also getting personal really does help a lot in an argument.

Chriseh on the other hand goes around like an old man. "IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT SO WE WON'T CHANGE IT". As ridiculous as that SF Regiment nonsense is. If we were to discuss 45thN Centre playing RGL with some very easy rules it looks like the by-distance most reasonable decision.

What about you act like 2 people who not wanna be relevant but are actually relevant and solve an issue properly and open-mindedly?

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2023, 04:29:09 am »
Holy shit you guys are a fucking disaster. Literally both of you.
Don't disagree  ;D

What about you act like 2 people who not wanna be relevant but are actually relevant and solve an issue properly and open-mindedly?
Any time I have tried to reach outcomes that benefits all parties Maskman has unfortunately spat in my face and lied through his teeth.

Like this going "behind his back to his officers to resolve the 3rd place situation", literally never happened. Smallest and Mitchell came to the 96y vs 15thYR Grand Final server to let me know in internal what had happened, to which I paused the match at half time and attempted to resolve, which Maskman even said they refused the replacement reff 5 minutes later and did a groupfight instead.  The only discussions about the outcome of the match were had between me, him and Vegi on teamspeak. Originally Vegi came forward to me with the idea of both sides taking the FF as a compromise, which he can attest to I wasn't really interested in but they did convince me to come around. But obviously as we know Mask lied about that too.

Chriseh on the other hand goes around like an old man. "IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN LIKE THAT SO WE WON'T CHANGE IT". As ridiculous as that SF Regiment nonsense is. If we were to discuss 45thN Centre playing RGL with some very easy rules it looks like the by-distance most reasonable decision.
Yeah to be honest I don't disagree with you, I definitely realise I am probably quite a few years in the past with my brain really, also thinking too much about "If this was a tournament on another game like CSGO what would I do then" which in reality is a completely different ball game obviously.

The reason I am so adamant on it now with 45th especially, is I just don't feel like we can trust them. Sorry, "them" is a harsh word as I like a number of people in 45th. Few of them have been around almost as long as I have and we have always gotten along. Hey even Mitchell has been a sound voice of reason amongst the chaos over there at times! ;D Its just if Mask is willing to lie so consistently and act so petty, I just don't see how we as hosts can trust him to uphold the integrity of the tourney. Like I get wanting to keep the game alive but why would you want the legacy of the game we all played for so long to end on a shit note like that? Me and Gi wanted this RGL to be a tight nit affair between regiments in a smaller swiss group, me personally thinking "hey if its going to be the last one, lets at least get some banger matches and bracket out there".

I would have been receptive to the changes needed, I just don't feel like Maskman and the 45th are really the ones to usher in that change. Unfortunately, the RGL host team agreed with me. To be completely transparent, the only moderator I didn't speak to was DarkTemplar (wasn't online at the time and I forgot, sorry :() but he would have been unanimously out voted by the rest even if he was for the change.

I had a real shit day at work today and I took it out in my typing which made me look like a petty child. However this is my honest opinion on it, all insult baiting etc. aside.

EDIT: Just to add, if there was enough regiments for 2 leagues then my opinion would be different. As this is definitely my last hosting endeavor.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:32:44 am by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Nightwing

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2023, 10:10:00 am »

If you have proven one thing last year, then definitely this wink wink NWBC but I guess Chriseh has an other pov here than Kincaid on NWBC.

@DarkTemplar remember when we played the other team of our own regiment in DGL, guess we are too civilized to exploit such things (or that it would have made no difference in the outcome while playing a small national tournament which is made for fun and improvment)