Author Topic: What a load of old wank.  (Read 12269 times)

raikesi

Re: What a load of old wank.
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:53 pm »
UAE...United Arab Emirate?

Spoiler
[close]

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2013, 11:19:44 pm »
The mod has always been heavily pro UK.  :-\
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Menelaos

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2013, 12:17:37 am »
Yeah, guys, sorry. I was really mad after playing and of course wrote this stupid post. I'm sorry about this, but my point still stands. The imbalance is frustrating and it is kinda ridiculous. But the obscenities were unnecessary.

This one's for you D-Love.

Well then be a man and reprase the orginal thread rather then leaving it in the butthurt shape it is now.
Are you moderating everything about NW mods or starting shit?

Agreed, no much has been done to balance. It's going to die when people get bored of the bot invasion and that the Zulus don't appreciate being treated as a lower faction.

Offline DarthTaco

• Major
  • Modding merc at your service!
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2013, 12:38:51 am »
I find the Zulus fun as it's a bit of a challenge, playing as the underdog and such. The Zulu's require co-operation, which is fairly hard to achieve with no ingame voice but that's a different topic. The point is, once the Zulu's have bots/other people to help them, any group of Brits can be overwhelmed through tactics and overwhelming force.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2013, 07:03:42 am »
what ive seen in events is its to easy or to hard. Unlike the gualls in gladius in this when wining there is no rewards and when loosing it feels like its impossible to change.
Of course, I also think lines should be able to move in double rank without having emotional breakdowns.

Offline Greenbeard

• First Sergeant
  • I put my ex-positions here for my inflated ego.
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2013, 05:04:38 pm »
Yeah, guys, sorry. I was really mad after playing and of course wrote this stupid post. I'm sorry about this, but my point still stands. The imbalance is frustrating and it is kinda ridiculous. But the obscenities were unnecessary.

Well then be a man and reprase the orginal thread rather then leaving it in the butthurt shape it is now.

Be a man and fuck off where your input isn't welcome. I'm a big enough cunt as it is, we don't need you in the thread to increase the cunt-level tenfold.

Are you moderating everything about NW mods or starting shit?

Agreed, no much has been done to balance. It's going to die when people get bored of the bot invasion and that the Zulus don't appreciate being treated as a lower faction.

I agree, definitely heavily pro UK and yet staunchly denied. When I join a server to see 20 Brits and 1 Zulu players, it pisses me off. You shouldn't have to rely on bots, it's frustrating to play as Zulu when all that happens is rape. There's no cav even. I was playing on a server and someone on a horse would shoot at me and run away, rinse and repeat, and because we had no cav we couldn't do anything about it. Of course we lost, they had artillery, skirmishers and cavalry and we had bots. It's stupid.

I don't give a fuck about what you admin.

Offline Millander

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2013, 05:40:01 pm »
It might as well be Zulu full invasion.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Petschie
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2013, 05:44:16 pm »
It might as well be Zulu full invasion.

Yeah, pretty much. "Line battle" events should be the British regiments by themselves, and the Zulu regiments accompanied by some bots. I can't imagine the frustration of getting sniped cross map.

Offline Betaknight

• Major
  • To Protect and To Serve
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Betaknight
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2013, 07:11:06 pm »
Oh well
The first modder for NW.

Offline Odysseus

• Donator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2013, 01:37:47 pm »
Despite being started off in a immature fashion, this thread is on-track and has brought up many, valid points. This mod is biased to the UK and nothing has been done to balance it, we understand it's not accurate but it is a mod now, isn't it?

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2013, 02:20:58 pm »
I'm trying to hold in the rage this stupid thread causes me but oh well.

You all say this mod is biased to the UK? The UK who definitely had very powerful rifles which could be reloaded very quickly with an experienced infantry unit delivering 16 volleys a minute in reality. An individual unit could fire quicker but at loss of accuracy. The UK who quite definitely had alot of mounted infantry and a very good lancer unit and rather good artillery. They also had Gatling Guns which we haven't implemented yet.

The Zulu, whom researching is a helluva lot harder, were by and large armed with cowhide shields and an assortment of spears and axes with a very small amount of old percussion rifles and muskets with a tiny amount of modern Martini Henry rifles. They had a very small amount of mounted men who were primarily used as scouts. Though they did form the vanguard and did fight at Hlobane.

Now in the bots gamemode we give the Zulu a very large amount of bots, less than they'd have in reality, but it is still always enough.
We've made them as quick as we can and given them excellent melee and throwing skills, though less for throwing for the bots because the AI do always aim perfectly, it's just down to their throwing skill that they miss sometimes.

Now at the battle of Isandlwana the British force was slaughtered 20-1 and were slaughtered with very few survivors.
At Ulundi there 15000 Zulu against about 5500 British/auxiliaries and the Zulu were slaughtered.
Battle of Nyezane,about 5000 British and 12000 Zulu. The Zulu were repulsed.
Battle of Girgindlovu,11000 Zulu against 5500 British. The Zulu were slaughtered.
Battle of Khambula, 20000 Zulu against 2100 British. The Zulu were repulsed with minimal loss to the British.
Battle of Hlobane, 675 British vs 25000 Zulu,only 2000 of which actually engaged before the British force escaped with about 250 losses. British were routed with minimal Zulu loss.
Battle of Ntombe, around 650 Zulu against 104 British. About 8/10 of the British were killed with minimal Zulu loss. This was a surprise night attack.
Rorkes Drift,130 British against 4000 Zulu. Humiliating Zulu defeat.

So by that we can see that the only times the Zulu actually defeated the British only when they A)Heavily outnumbered them B)Completely surprised them and C)Caught them in the open.
And as Khambula shows even the numbers made little difference when the British were entrenched.

So if anything, the Zulu are overpowered as the British seem to get defeated at 3-1 not, let alone 20-1.

So do you want us to just throw historical accuracy to the wind and give every Zulu a gun and plenty of ammo? Shall we give them Rhino cavalry?

Now we are trying to work with event hoster's to make unique events like a Convoy ambush which. But what we need more than anything else is someone who does know how to make new or change gamemodes. We want to give the Zulu more than one life in battles but this is hard to do. Blucher is a good coder but what we need for the balance you all seek is an advanced coder.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2013, 03:34:57 pm »
Now we are trying to work with event hoster's to make unique events like a Convoy ambush which. But what we need more than anything else is someone who does know how to make new or change gamemodes. We want to give the Zulu more than one life in battles but this is hard to do. Blucher is a good coder but what we need for the balance you all seek is an advanced coder.

Siege? Make special maps, designed for Siege gamemode. One life for the British, 3 for the Zulus. This gives you the ability to also make that caravan map, where you can put some carts, etc. and some quick makeshift defences like toppled carts, sandbags, etc. And, just have the Zulu teams try and take the caravan, or slaughter all British.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2013, 03:38:55 pm »
That would be good too, I think we can all agree having events based more around specific scenario's will work much better. The battle of Ntombe would work excellently.

Offline kpetschulat

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2013, 03:40:09 pm »
That would be good too, I think we can all agree having events based more around specific scenario's will work much better. The battle of Ntombe would work excellently.

Rorke's Drift would be awesome too. That little outpost can be easily created, and the valley around it as well.

Offline James Grant

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2013, 03:59:07 pm »
Theres a reasonably good mini rorkes drift on the official EU server.

I'm just sketching out a battle of Ntombe map at the moment, it would be for a very intense and quick siege. Zulu will spawn only about 45 seconds away with the British in a laagered camp with the only ways in the gaps between the wagons, about 8 of them. A much smaller laager would exist on the other side of the river, a very deep and treacherous river which can be crossed but the crossing is an uncertain one,full of dips.

Just not sure which laager I'd place the flag in, if I put in the large one thats where the fight would take place but if I place it in the small one the British shall have to try and cross the river which will be a slow and dangerous task. The Zulu's would be in the camp before they'd crossed if they weren't engaged first.