Poll

Is "retard" a slur?

Yes
5 (22.7%)
No
17 (77.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Author Topic: Slurs in NW_Official_NA_1 - poll  (Read 1257 times)

Offline Armydude

• Private
    • View Profile
Slurs in NW_Official_NA_1 - poll
« on: May 01, 2014, 03:20:26 pm »
Please read before voting.

Apparently the last post was deleted with no response given. It did not break any of the forum rules(which i read before posting it), and I would like a reason as to why it was deleted. I would also like to know which admin deleted it so that he can defend himself for wrongfully deleting it.

Slurs are not allowed in the server. Retard is just as much a slur as faggot is. In this day and age retard is used as a slur more often than faggot is. Not a lot of people use faggot for someone being gay, while a lot of people use retard for people with mental disabilities.

Retard is a slur and should be considered a slur in the server.

While I know no one wants to add more words you can't say. I was hoping the community would do what's right, and maybe a few admins.

Offline Killington

• Major General
  • Everyone's favourite
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Slurs in NW_Official_NA_1 - poll
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 03:24:56 pm »
I suspect that the reason the original thread was deleted was because either 1) a number of slurs present on the post or 2) ultimately it is useless to do it like this, if you want to have the server rules changed, PM a head administrator with your case.
In theory we could do huge player numbers far over 500 players per server...  As such we will surely keep our promise to deliver you the 500 players per server.

We will probably go (far) over it, but that's for later.

Offline Armydude

• Private
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 03:29:18 pm »
A thread about slurs should have slurs in it, the context is clearly not in any offensive way what so ever. While I have pmed them already, I care more about the opinions of those who play on the server more than 2 or 3 peoples opinions.

Offline Becker-

• Donator
    • View Profile
    • "The Gang joins the Army"
  • Nick: Bring back the 54th.
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 04:43:38 pm »
Being in a Fraternity where our Philantropy is based around helping and raising awareness for those with disabilities really kind of sets my tone on this. I have met thousands of people and have befriended many over the last three years while holding responsibilities with this philanthropy. The word "retard" has become denouncing to those who have it. It started as a medical term and is still used today as one but the cruelness of some heartless bastards has used it for other ways of picking on people that are less fortunate than themselves.

Its the same way with the word "ginger". Ginger became a denouncing term as soon as southpark started making fun of them, kids today who do fit the description take offense to it.

Retard is just another hurtful word that can hurt a person emotionally on levels that some of us cant even comprehend.

http://www.pushamerica.org/

Offline McEwan

• Brigadier General
  • "McEwok" "McScrubwin" "ManJewban" "McWeewan"
    • View Profile
    • Marins de la Garde ImpĂ©riale on Enjin!
  • Nick: IXe[Marins]_McEwan
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 04:51:54 pm »
Ultimately these issues should be brought directly to the head server admins. LittleGuy and Thunderstormer are the ones you should talk to.

Kielbasa!

Offline SeanBeansShako

• Major
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 05:45:43 pm »
It was deleted because clearly you have some form of tourette syndrome with the slurs you 'hate'.