Author Topic: So I wrote this Essay For my English Class :/  (Read 8511 times)

Offline TheBoberton

• Knight of Blueberry
  • Colonel
  • I don't want no pardon for anything I done
    • View Profile
    • Thomas' Steam Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: So I wrote this Essay For my English Class :/
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2013, 01:09:33 pm »
I mean if you come from the South and lived there, living in its history for a while, the move up north, fly your flag. But I'm talking about those people born and raised in the North. My neighbor who was born in New York, he should not be raising the Confederate flag.

I was born in Florida, yet have ancestors from Louisiana, Georgia, and Virginia. Were I to have been born in New York, Pennsylvania, or Maine, that would not change the side my family took, nor my own beliefs on the right of man to choose who governs him, through whatever means may have available to him.

That is not to say he isn't flying it for racial or political reasons, but other factors cannot be discounted.

Offline Archduke Sven

• Brigadier General
  • I have over 1000 warning points, be careful.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: regimentless sven
  • Side: Union
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2013, 01:39:04 pm »
Well, i do not think there is a real problem with flying a damn flag as long as people do not misinterpret it.

But to be fair, do you see many people flying a flag with a swastika on it? or a Hammer and Sicle?

Im not comparing the USSR and Nazis to the Confeds but they all have some thing in common why people dislike the use of their flags. War and suffering of human life, now although all nations have caused that it is because all 3 of those nations lost in the end and therefore the winners were able to feed propoganda about them.

And that is why people misinterpret things, because they simply believe what they are told. And please do not tell me that i am a Nazi conspiracy theorist. I don't like Nazis, fake communists or plantation drivers and a lot of other things.

Hell, if the south had won the war people would feel the same about flying the Union flag. People just have no sense of perspectives these days. Their whole life is like a damn box and all they can visually see is all they can think of.

told that bih don't @ me

Offline Karth

• Donator
  • General of 63e| NW Official Admin
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 63e_General_Karth
  • Side: Union
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:32 pm »
You'd be surprised the amount of rednecks you'd find out here in rural Pennsylvania... 

Offline Landrik

• First Lieutenant
  • Слава Україні!
    • View Profile
    • Infanterie-Regiment 208 (Reenacted)
  • Nick: Landrik
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #33 on: February 28, 2013, 05:51:04 am »
Being in reenacting, there's quite a few events out in rural Pennslyvania, Gettysburg being one of them. There are a lot of Southerners up there as well as "rednecks". At the same time, Northern Virginia is downright occupied by Yankees. It's all the government workers and its location near DC.

I-95 is a scourge.
Humans are extremely complicated creatures. Death uncomplicates them to a frightening degree...