Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 127655 times)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Starts Feb. 12th!]
« Reply #345 on: February 06, 2017, 10:07:55 pm »
Believe it or not Marceux some people just like to play 1v1s for fun and don't really care if they win

Fuckin casual plebs...

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #346 on: February 07, 2017, 12:09:09 am »
I would prefer a pro league and a semi-pro league. The mods will choose the leagues and have been observing 1v1s when they can. Amit actually asked Jakester to 1v1 the LG to see what league the 41st should be in.

The reason the leagues were later split by skill was because of the massive gap in skill between all the regiments involved in our highly active community. Which we don't have anymore.

Based on what data?

This system of playing through league 2 just to earn a spot in league 1 is pointless, especially when considering over half the regiments won't even be around or returning for the next season after this.

So my question is why would any regiment that gets placed in league 2 want to play through the whole season when winning it only puts them in last place of league 1???

I understand your confusion now, but your confusion in turn confuses me. NANWL is not a professional sports league, such as the NFL, where the same teams are guaranteed to play in the AFC/NFC every season. NANWL's league system has never been persistent from one season to the next in terms of relegation because the NW community is unstable. Regiments rise and fall in the span of weeks and even the ones that seek to be competitive don't seem to hold together much longer than required to participate. Sometimes, serious contenders don't even make it to the end of the season. From Season 4 to 5 and then from 5 to 6, there was no "earning" of spots through the league system. It's all done on perception of ability based on unofficial battles done outside of NANWL.

There is no ascension or descension in the leagues in Season 7 relative to Season 6 because the makeup of this league is almost completely different than last year's. The 45e (defunct) and USMC this year are not the same regiments they were last year. I'd argue that very few regiments are the same now as they were last year, for better or for worse.

The only way to structure the leagues is to find where the skill gap between most regiments is greatest and then created two balanced leagues from there. That's how it was done in prior seasons and that's how it's going to be done again because otherwise, it's simply not fair to the regiments in each league. I'm not going to pretend that it was done properly last year, though. I gave Bean hell for it before, during and sometimes after the season.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 07, 2017, 12:15:35 am »
I mean there is a clear difference in melee skill between the regiments (league 1 vs league 2) At the leading level I think 30th has just about everyone beat.

32e, 30th, 4th, LG, 41stWS, USMC? I don't think any of the other regiments can compete with these guys in terms of melee and leading.

Did you just say 30th officers are the best line leaders in NA right now?  Top kek. USMC overrated. 4e easily on par with these. And the gap isn't really that big. I mean they are obviously better then the others but not so much as to split them entirely IMO. I think the other regiments could challenge these regs with some practice.

Amit are you saying winning league 2 has nothing to do with league 1? If that's the case then I'm fine with it. But I just don't see a point in playing a whole season just to earn a spot in league 1.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:17:31 am by Marceaux »

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #348 on: February 07, 2017, 12:27:19 am »
Amit are you saying winning league 2 has nothing to do with league 1? If that's the case then I'm fine with it.

Yes, sir. I'm not saying that's how it should be, but we have to deal with the reality of this community. It's hard to sustain a persistent league standing system in NW. So basically, the winners of each league don't really have anything to do with each other. They each get their own reward. It's not how it works in real sports or esports tournaments, but NW isn't set up for that kind of system anyway in terms of regimental stability.

Perhaps it can work in Holdfast if the game manages to hold the attention of players for longer than a year.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 12:35:34 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 07, 2017, 12:34:59 am »
OK I agree completely, that is the point I was trying to get across pretty much.

Glad this change has been made it's what this league has needed. :)

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 07, 2017, 12:39:15 am »
I mean there is a clear difference in melee skill between the regiments (league 1 vs league 2) At the leading level I think 30th has just about everyone beat.

32e, 30th, 4th, LG, 41stWS, USMC? I don't think any of the other regiments can compete with these guys in terms of melee and leading.

Did you just say 30th officers are the best line leaders in NA right now?

nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
  • Side: Union
« Reply #351 on: February 07, 2017, 12:42:12 am »
cringe aurummmm

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Aurum

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2017, 01:24:44 am »
nah windflower just tries to act cultured and edgy but hes actually just a 21yo lonely canadian who wastes all his time serving donuts to fat american tourists and trying to date underaged video game girls

Offline antslimey

• First Lieutenant
  • Co founder and leader of the AEF and Col of 55th!
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [AEF]Col_Anthony 55th_Col_Anthony
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2017, 01:54:20 am »
Didn't 4e just lose 8-2 or 7-3 to the AEF?
7-3 loss I'd also like to point out AEF beat 32e Friday and also beat 4th as well. And when it wasn't NAPL and I wasn't missing most of my roster we fought the 30th day before and won 7-3. This Saturday we fought 41stWS in a groupfight 7v7 and won 15-7 although they didn't bring all thier best players they still had Kovy law Irish Ghostpig fibber horse and vodoo, and one other guy I can't recall.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: February 07, 2017, 01:59:02 am »
7-3 loss I'd also like to point out AEF beat 32e Friday and also beat 4th as well. And when it wasn't NAPL and I wasn't missing most of my roster we fought the 30th day before and won 7-3. This Saturday we fought 41stWS in a groupfight 7v7 and won 15-7 although they didn't bring all thier best players they still had Kovy law Irish Ghostpig fibber horse and vodoo, and one other guy I can't recall.

I heard you used mercs doe?

Offline Orcaryo

• By far the worst in melee
  • Brigadier General
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 07, 2017, 02:21:36 am »

I heard you used mercs doe?
If its not a league match then it obviously has mercs...pft even league matches have mercs

Offline Windflower

• General
  • ex PSG, 30th
    • View Profile
    • my jam
« Reply #356 on: February 07, 2017, 03:09:30 am »
AEF uses mercs pretty much whenever they can, if it's not a league match or you don't specify then;

ur gonna have a bad time
[close]

NAPL season 1 saw the greatest regiment winning
ribbit 🐸 cute? 😳 im not cute 😓 i mean my parents 👨‍👩‍👧 call me cute ☺️ but honestly 👉👈 ive never ❌ heard it 👂 from someone else 🗣 before 🥰 thanks i guess? 😳

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #357 on: February 07, 2017, 03:31:40 am »
30th are at least top 3 in leadership at this moment, or maybe even top two

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
« Reply #358 on: February 07, 2017, 05:48:13 am »
when you beat the 4th you had a decent amount of 45e guys. Although that's certainly not the only reason that we lost. Just something to consider
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: February 07, 2017, 06:26:01 am »
30th are at least top 3 in leadership at this moment, or maybe even top two

Well considering there are only like 3-4 regiments with skilled comp leaders at the moment that isn't saying much.