Author Topic: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7] Champions: LG & AEF!  (Read 127651 times)

Offline PurplePanda

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • Old Gen boy, led a few bad regiments.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Purpie
  • Side: Union
Re: NA Napoleonic Wars League [Season 7 - Sign-ups Open!]
« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2017, 02:37:24 am »
2 matches a week is a bad idea. A lot of regiments have only a day or two open for 1v1s. I know the 30th definitely can't continue this league is two matches a week.

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2017, 03:39:20 am »
Seeing some great discussion here, guys. People will no doubt have some concerns when things don't align with what they would be most comfortable with, but as some others have said, a bit of patience will go a long way to maintining a smooth tournament. Every suggestion mentioned is recorded onto a list that we reference when talking to each other, so never worry that your voice isn't being heard.

2 matches a week is a bad idea. A lot of regiments have only a day or two open for 1v1s. I know the 30th definitely can't continue this league is two matches a week.

This is a fairly good point, considering that some regiments are enrolled in various other events throughout the week and weekend. Although, it is not underheard of that multiple matches would happen in a single week. In TNWL Season 1, all regiments were expected to complete 3 group stage matches in a single week. That was excessive and put a lot of stress on some of the regiments. The flipside of that was it was a one-time thing. Here we suggested 2 matches/week and that would happen for about 4-5 weeks, depending on how many regiments are in each league, this may very well prove too much for some regiments. I should hope that the regiments participating would make every effort to complete their matches.

So far it looks like 1 match per week is leading the poll, but the poll is open until the end of next week. If it's looking like it'll be 2 matches/week, the affected regiments will need to evaluate their schedule with us to see if there is a way for them to continue with the tournament. That might mean scheduling a 1v1 on a day that they have another event. EDIT: If it affects too many regiments, it's going to have to be 1 match/week with a longer season.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 05:32:52 am by Amit_ »
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2017, 04:29:10 am »
Yeah I mentioned that Sanders :)

What I was going at iabout fixing things now rather than later i meant we should have all the refs be analyzed in pre season matches like me and many others already said.
You may not think pre season analysis necessary but imo it is
Ok well having a pre season would only extend this season longer and make it harder for the moderators. They should test the referees, but it should be outside of NANWL such as NAPL or just a regular 1v1.
Sorry I don't mean extend the start date, i meant in the next 2 weeks or so before we start have the Refeeres ref other regiments 1v1s

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Amit_

• Captain
  • 22nd "Cheshire" Regiment
    • View Profile
    • Reddit Rescue Force
  • Nick: [22nd]Maj_Amit
« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2017, 05:10:26 am »
Question for you fellas: in the preseason practice for the refs, what regiments do you think should be participating? Any regiment or just NANWL-enrolled regiments? Perhaps if non-registered regiments were approached to do some "preseason" matches free of any kind of commitment, then it might generate more interest for the tournament and they might even join. That might be a stretch, but it's something we could try doing and it doesn't require much effort to do.
Who the fug am I? Read up here.

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 1er_Capitaine_Marceaux
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2017, 06:16:32 am »
If you have to convince someone to join then they probably shouldn't be in the league at all. This league needs regiments that WANT to be involved and play 1v1s.

Offline BabyJesus

• General
  • #1 Cringe poster and lover of Anna Kendrick
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Most Average MVP of All Time
  • Side: Union
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2017, 06:20:02 am »
Marceux wants NW to die
1st NWPC S2(21st)|(1st) 5v5 Draft~NA GroupFighting Tournament  |1st♕Rex's 6v6 Tournament | 1st TNWL S2(71st) | 1st NWL S5 (58e) | 3rd place Sleeks 5v5 (Highschoole DxD)
You are by far the best average player to touch this game.
Quote from: Risk
The BEST average player of all time

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2017, 06:27:19 am »
Marceux wants NW to die

Please so i can finally kill myself.

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2017, 07:08:17 am »
Marceaux up in here with the bad ideas 🔥🔥

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Nappy Surena

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 91st_Ens_Sura_Fraser
« Reply #233 on: January 25, 2017, 01:15:34 pm »

Theodin up in here with that old ass signature hes been wearing for the last four years

Offline LiquidSkorpion

• Donator
  • Closet Canadian
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 4thKGA for life
« Reply #234 on: January 25, 2017, 03:32:51 pm »
Question for you fellas: in the preseason practice for the refs, what regiments do you think should be participating? Any regiment or just NANWL-enrolled regiments? Perhaps if non-registered regiments were approached to do some "preseason" matches free of any kind of commitment, then it might generate more interest for the tournament and they might even join. That might be a stretch, but it's something we could try doing and it doesn't require much effort to do.
I dont think it would hurt anyone to let non-NANWL regiments participate in the pre season. Like you said, it could generate an interest in the tournament because alot of newer regiments have never tried a tournament or league like this before. The only thing i can see ending poorly is that if the regiment acts cancerous during the 1v1 and wastes everyone's time.

Edit- Sorry for errors, i hate typing on my phone ^-^
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 03:46:14 pm by LiquidSkorpion »

Offline Theodin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 71st Guard MEME POLICE
« Reply #235 on: January 25, 2017, 03:44:01 pm »

Theodin up in here with that old ass signature hes been wearing for the last four years
?

1x NA Duel- Runner up |  3x 3v3- 3rd place (Seadderol Deflatriots) (Ez Money) (71st Guards + Russian) | 1x Duel League- 4th place | 1x Regimental Groupfighting- 1st place (71st)  l  1x 2v2- 3rd Place (Vortex/Theodin) | TNWL Season 2 - 1st Place l 1x 2v2- 1st Place (Theodin/Elite) l 2x NANWL-
 71st, Nr8(LG) l 1x 4v4- 1st Place (RussianFury, Waste, NickCole, Theodin) l 1x Cav Joust- 2nd Place l 1x 4v4-
 3rd Place (Theodin, AsianP, Sleek, Godfried, Lurvy) l 1x 5v5 - 1st Place (RussianFury, Yoshie, Krastinov, Jorge, Theodin - Thanos and his children)

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 25, 2017, 11:37:26 pm »
In case you forgot
Spoiler
[close]

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2017, 12:10:35 am »
Can request a ban on Marceaux for trolling this league? I am surprise he has gone this long in the thread without being ban.

Can i request a ban on Lurvy for being Lurvy?

Offline Wastee

• Colonel
  • Nr8[LG]Kpt_Wastee
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Steam: [LG] Wastee
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2017, 12:13:43 am »
Can request a ban on Marceaux for trolling this league? I am surprise he has gone this long in the thread without being ban.
He also brought up some concerns that he legitimately had

"I may never make a list, and I may never make the hall of fame, but by God, I made the competitive mailing list" - Undisclosed Gamer

Offline Marceaux

• Donator
  • Je suis immortel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2017, 12:23:15 am »
He also brought up some concerns that he legitimately had

Yea all i did was post my thoughts even if they were a tad aggressive. Sorry.

But thanks Waste for not being biased towards me like everyone else regardless of our bumpy past. Most people wont put personal shit aside on FSE and they carry a grudge to every thread for the rest of their life. :-\