Author Topic: Somebody please host an 1v1 event  (Read 4383 times)

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
Re: Somebody please host an 1v1 event
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 12:56:03 pm »
It probably won't be.

My Idea(s) for Season 3
What I was thinking, is doing the usual EIC, but with an additional "Masters Group". Where they can compete in a GF format alongside the league as regular.

So for example, this could include: 91st, 17th, KKA, 15th etc.

So, each of those regiments would play a 1v1 on a weekly basis as usual, then a GF every 2 weeks as part of this seperate group, for a prize at the end of the season.

Also for the main part of EIC, personally I am thinking 2 Large groups of 8 to make it more interesting. 4 from both to advance to play offs etc.

Instead of the 4 groups of 4 like last time. Also more flexible in case we can't fill the spots.
[close]

What would you guys think of that? ^

I was originally looking at doing EIC but a GF edition, but the issue is the skill gaps between the top few regiments is just way too much at the moment. I don't think it would be that enjoyable for 95% of the players.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 10:25:35 pm by John Price »
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2019, 01:19:33 pm »
Makes sense.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2019, 01:45:14 pm »
Makes sense only if those groupfights are going to be 10v10 or something, so like mini RGL to not include that much people into it, so other regs like 91st, 17th, 23rd, 33rd got chances to play on the same level with others regs, not only 15th or kka dictating the meta.

But I like the idea anyway
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 01:49:11 pm by Sir-Follkas »
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2019, 01:49:56 pm »
Makes sense only if those groupfights are going to be 10v10 or something, so like mini RGL to not include that much people into it, so other regs like 91st, 17th, 23rd, 33rd got chances to play on the same level with others regs, not only 15th or kka dictating the meta.

I don't see why it'd need to be a 10v10 as opposed to a 15v15 like normal. If the regiments are scared to compete in the GF side of things then just don't sign up ez.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2019, 01:52:01 pm »

I don't see why it'd need to be a 10v10 as opposed to a 15v15 like normal. If the regiments are scared to compete in the GF side of things then just don't sign up ez.
The point is to make it more competitive, thats my point
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2019, 01:55:36 pm »

Yes we really saw how competitive 10v10 was in that last RGT!

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2019, 01:58:02 pm »

If it will be 15v15 then its just more ez for you to play an friendly gf against 15th and not wasting time lol

Offline Nero_

• Lieutenant General
  • fatal not fictitious
    • View Profile
  • Nick: wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2019, 01:59:37 pm »
Imagine if we had a proper fantasy league

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2019, 02:01:00 pm »
Makes sense only if those groupfights are going to be 10v10 or something, so like mini RGL to not include that much people into it

I mean I was just thinking 10-25, so basically giving the freedom to regiments to play as many players as they please more or less.

The hardest part of being a host is naturally trying to please everyone so I think this is the best of both worlds.

Also what would you guys prefer for the EIC format next season? 4 Smaller groups or 2 large groups? Then into play offs.

Personally I am thinking 2 Large groups of 8 to make it more interesting. 4 from both to advance to play offs etc.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2019, 02:02:19 pm »
Makes sense only if those groupfights are going to be 10v10 or something, so like mini RGL to not include that much people into it

I mean I was just thinking 10-25, so basically giving the freedom to regiments to play as many players as they please more or less.

The hardest part of being a host is naturally trying to please everyone so I think this is the best of both worlds.

Also what would you guys prefer for the EIC format next season? 4 Smaller groups or 2 large groups? Then into play offs.

Personally I am thinking 2 Large groups of 8 to make it more interesting. 4 from both to advance to play offs etc.
Yeah, 2 large groups is something new for NW, plus more matches per regs so yeah

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 02:04:30 pm »
Spoiler

If it will be 15v15 then its just more ez for you to play an friendly gf against 15th and not wasting time lol
[close]
10v10 will be easier for us, easy to get all the tryhard nerds to show up for a 10v10. But okay your choice.

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FatDragon
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 02:04:51 pm »

Most Regiments today struggle to even get to those min 15 players. I think we need to get away from the thought that every regiment/team can get at least 15 players together on a consistent basis. Kinda sad for 91st, KKA and 15thYR as they are one of the last regs who can actually achieve these numbers afaik but I'd prefer a 10v10 compared to a 15v15 alone for the broader competition.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 02:08:05 pm »
Spoiler

Most Regiments today struggle to even get to those min 15 players. I think we need to get away from the thought that every regiment/team can get at least 15 players together on a consistent basis. Kinda sad for 91st, KKA and 15thYR as they are one of the last regs who can actually achieve these numbers afaik but I'd prefer a 10v10 compared to a 15v15 alone for the broader competition.
[close]
Fair enough, just seems so small for a regimental league is all.

Offline SilverBolt

• First Lieutenant
  • FatDragon
    • View Profile
  • Nick: FatDragon
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2019, 02:14:39 pm »
It isnt 2015ish anymore where an Regimental Tournament could get like 15+ regiments with 20+ players each man, times change and the common rulesets need to change too imho

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2019, 02:23:14 pm »
I can name at least 6 regiments that can reach 15+ consistently. K-KA, 15thYR, 91st, 3pp, Nr2 & 13thRS. I also imagine 17thJR will reach this soon too, I was under the impression 23rd could most of the time and also there are regiments like 18th or 47e who have a high chance of reaching this soon.