Author Topic: Cost  (Read 7580 times)

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
  • Side: Union
Re: Cost
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2014, 08:08:40 pm »
I'm actually considering an Indian/Pakistani made helmet.

30 Euroes for 14 gauge steel, which should hopefully keep my skull in-tact.

The question is, do you feel lukcy?  ;)  ;D

I have seen an India made 1777 musket from another reenactor and it worked fine, shot fine, and looked fine according to him.

Offline ChaBoy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: #ChaBoyisGOAT2015
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 03:27:24 am »
depends on what you want to portray.. and where you live there may be restrictions on what you can and cant do.

a full infantryman's kit (without musket) would be ranging from about 400 to 850 roughly, then you will want to upgrade your kit where possible, eg new trousers, you can buy really good ACW trousers for about 180-250.

with a musket, it depends, a  pedersoli 3 band rifled enfield that can fire blanks is going to cost up to 2 grand.. but there are much cheaper options, they just arent as good.

America
You're wrong about the rifle. Pedersoli AND Armisport are good, its the paki-india stuff that is crap however none of sutlers carry it anymore. Its all about pedersoli, armisport or Dixie Arms. My armisport '61 Springfield is excellent, majority of my unit use them,  they go for 600 to 1k. Mostly 800. I got mine for 600 with original bayonet as well. and upgrading cheap gear that you got in one week is a huge mistake, a fianical mistake. You will save alot of money by going straight to quality items. Alot.

ChaBoy, where are you based at?

If you are in US, Check these sutlers out and get the general idea of pricing.

http://www.wwandcompany.com/ (Best Uniform imo)

https://www.njsekela.com/  (little bit of everything)

https://www.regtqm.com/ (Good stuff, check out campaigner section. Stay away from uniform though, you can waste your money on better uniform)

http://www.authentic-campaigner.com/  Great forum for starters, especially who want to do it right. It has great section for used quality items, check from time to time, strike yourself some great deal. My best deal was getting Wambaugh State Jacket for price of 175 instead of 225.   Their articles and discussion are the tits!

Also, they have a wonderful sutler list to help you out as well.

Now if you're in Europe

http://www.lederarsenal.com/  Probably the best you can get in Europe beside America.

I wish you luck with your interest and hope you will be on the right path. My first advice to you is "Buy yourself a nice canteen, you will not regret it". Sound lame but it is definately the first thing you wanna buy.    ;)   

Feel free to PM me with questions.
I am the GOAT

Offline ChaBoy

• Corporal
    • View Profile
  • Nick: #ChaBoyisGOAT2015
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2014, 03:28:16 am »
depends on what you want to portray.. and where you live there may be restrictions on what you can and cant do.

a full infantryman's kit (without musket) would be ranging from about 400 to 850 roughly, then you will want to upgrade your kit where possible, eg new trousers, you can buy really good ACW trousers for about 180-250.

with a musket, it depends, a  pedersoli 3 band rifled enfield that can fire blanks is going to cost up to 2 grand.. but there are much cheaper options, they just arent as good.
what do you mean by "just not as good"? i mean they arent shooting bullets so accuracy means nothing
I am the GOAT

Offline George385

• Donator
  • nah yeah nah nah yeah nah
    • View Profile
  • Nick: George385
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2014, 03:34:23 am »

what do you mean by "just not as good"? i mean they arent shooting bullets so accuracy means nothing

not as well made. where are you from? how old are you? if you want to portray a rifleman, age matters, in america its generally 16 and over you are allowed to carry a rifle onto the field, in Australia, the absolute minimum is 12 1/2 with a minors permit.. and even when you are 18 you need your firearms license. not sure what it is in Europe.

but since you are in the 2te im guessing you are in America?

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2014, 03:40:09 am »
I'm actually considering an Indian/Pakistani made helmet.

30 Euroes for 14 gauge steel, which should hopefully keep my skull in-tact.

14 gauge.. wont help you much.. minimum 16 gauge is like the law here.

Offline Ililsa

• Major
  • This knife of Sheffield steel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Retired_Ililsa
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 06:38:32 pm »
14 gauge is thicker than 16.

14 is a little over 2mm and 16 is about 1.6mm
Crawling back to you,
Ever thought of calling when you've had a few? 'cause I always do.
FUCKING MEDIEVAL HIPSTERS

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 12:06:56 am »
George strikes again.

Offline George385

• Donator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 12:09:29 am »
George strikes again.

i think its different here, ill have to check :P

Offline Duuring

• Duuring
  • Free at last
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 12:13:33 am »
How can the same measurement be different?

Offline joer5835

• Brigadier General
  • My face is tired.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Joer
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 03:25:11 pm »
Damn Australians doing everything wrong. I mean look at them, spending Christmas in shorts on the beach! That ain't right!
Polan is of dangerous to FSE
Im from Poland , a land of lawlessness

Offline Vincenzo

• Flying Squirrel Dev
  • FSE Developer
  • Dutchman living in Allenstein, Ostpreußen.
    • View Profile
    • Flying Squirrel Entertainment
  • Nick: FSE_Vincenzo
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2014, 04:15:59 pm »