Author Topic: Renaissance  (Read 3547 times)

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
  • Side: Neutral
Re: Renaissance
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2022, 01:55:36 am »
loser team

| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Desant

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 96y Dneprovskiy Polk | CCCP
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2022, 11:26:51 am »

Fluxyy

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2022, 07:14:54 pm »

Offline Chuckster

• Lieutenant Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2022, 12:50:03 pm »

Offline Steinmann

• King of Börk
  • Brigadier General
  • Mutual Owning with Elsse.
    • View Profile

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2022, 10:13:03 pm »
Going make a small complaint:
Dante and Giotto are NOT Renaissance figures ...
Please fix :)

Offline Shogun.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Sunset
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2022, 10:25:16 pm »
Going make a small complaint:
Dante and Giotto are NOT Renaissance figures ...
Please fix :)
Same as Descartes

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2022, 10:42:56 pm »
Out of those three only Descartes isnt Reinassance but it's Witcher so everything explained
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Smylie

• Captain
  • Cool Kid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Smylie
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2022, 11:03:45 pm »
Out of those three only Descartes isnt Reinassance but it's Witcher so everything explained

The reason why I didn't flag up Descartes is purely because of time period.
The reason why I don't count Dante and Giotto as Renaissance is because they are from the 1200-1300's.
Giotto was part of the Italian Proto Renaissance, an art movement. Giotto lived in the medieval era, even if he might have been part of the artistic origins of the Renaissance.
This is the same for Dante, the only reason I can think of counting Dante as a Renaissance figure is due to the use of Virgil in his Divine Comedy and the constant references to the Homeric world throughout; However, a huge issue I have with this is that he lived in the medieval era and it is clear that those who he wrote for would have had a good understanding of Virgil and Homer's writings, otherwise the constant references throughout Dante's works would have been pointless. Therefore, seeing as the people Dante wrote for were well educated and clearly knew the classics well I don't think using them as part of his magnum opus wouldn't make it a revolutionary Renaissance work.

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2022, 11:07:11 pm »

The reason why I don't count Dante and Giotto as Renaissance is because they are from the 1200-1300's.
Giotto was part of the Italian Proto Renaissance, an art movement. Giotto lived in the medieval era, even if he might have been part of the artistic origins of the Renaissance.
This is the same for Dante, the only reason I can think of counting Dante as a Renaissance figure is due to the use of Virgil in his Divine Comedy and the constant references to the Homeric world throughout; However, a huge issue I have with this is that he lived in the medieval era and it is clear that those who he wrote for would have had a good understanding of Virgil and Homer's writings, otherwise the constant references throughout Dante's works would have been pointless. Therefore, seeing as the people Dante wrote for were well educated and clearly knew the classics well I don't think using them as part of his magnum opus wouldn't make it a revolutionary Renaissance work.

this has been copy pasted smylie is not this smart
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2022, 11:26:28 pm »

I don't know much about this and not like I really care or find it interesting. To be honest, I just googled Renaissance era and found all famous names, Giotto was there for sure.

Offline FENTON

• First Lieutenant
  • Professional Palmares Hunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Last pick
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2022, 11:40:25 pm »

please donate to wikipedia, help keep our resources free and accesible!

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2022, 09:00:11 pm »
Velazquez is not in Renaissance either, who cares
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2022, 09:42:57 pm »
Oh so when smylie points out the inconsistencies in a groupfighting team name, he's smart but when I point out the inconsistencies in the pokemon anime compared to the games and the wider lore I'm "a loser" who needs to " touch grass" and "find a girl" with "little chance of success in life". Life is full of hypocrites...

Offline Witcher!

• Major
  • UA FOREVER. MARXEIL PIDOR SUKA
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Witcher
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2022, 02:54:32 am »
Ебать ты хуесос, сам мне скинул список, а я по рандому выбрал. #FUCKMARXEIL
Glory to Ukraine