Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 36323 times)

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
  • Side: Neutral
Re: NWWC 2022 | Overview
« Reply #510 on: March 14, 2022, 02:59:12 pm »

Wow a typicall street fight in london, looking forward to seeing it in NW.
nice they gave us our own british isles battle royal
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline PadawaN

• First Lieutenant
  • Top 5 player cant block
    • View Profile
    • ads
« Reply #511 on: March 23, 2022, 12:41:14 pm »
Why marquez lost admin powers?  ???

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #512 on: March 23, 2022, 12:52:17 pm »
Why marquez lost admin powers?  ???
All sorted now, he got it.
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #513 on: April 12, 2022, 12:17:02 pm »
So is there a losers bracket this year? Remember there being talk about it... Or can ire disband lol

Offline Tw1sT[eR]

• Brigadier General
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tw1sT[eR]*
« Reply #514 on: April 12, 2022, 12:35:40 pm »
So is there a losers bracket this year? Remember there being talk about it... Or can ire disband lol
There should be one. More information will be posted after groupstages are finished

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #515 on: April 14, 2022, 03:29:16 pm »

Should we swap the Groups A and D in the knockouts for NWWC

I just wanted to put my two cents about the whole swapping of groups A and D for the knock out stage of this NWWC. For context, Captains of every nation get a vote to either swap group A and D - to allow for an ENG v FRA final -or to keep the bracket the way it is. Although I am not a captain (I don't get a vote) - I am an advisor for this years NWWC and with the permissions of the other organisers I have been allowed to make this much wanted post which is directed to captains and more importantly the wider community. 

Before everyone starts bashing the organisers of the tournament for mistakenly creating the bracket - 2/3 main organisers are Ukrainian, with the outbreak of the war happening as the brackets were being made and Chicken who made the bracket has had a broken PC for a month now. We are just making the best out of a bad situation. I will argue why we shouldn't alter the brackets but still have a vote on this issue.

What does this swap mean for the teams going into the top bracket? A lot of teams are going to have more favourable matches in the knock outs namely, ESP/NL and more of course ENG and FRA with these teams getting an ultimately easier run to the final.

Are ENG and FRA, the historical favourites, even the best two teams this year?

Regardless of the swapping of the groups, the best NWWC team will ultimately win so why are we altering the bracket half way through the tournament to give the two historically best NWWC teams an easier run to the final, doesn’t that seem fundamentally unfair to the other teams and to the community?

The champions league, as an example, is the most competitive successful European tournament as upsets happen, look at last night with Villarreal beating Bayern on aggregate, who would’ve thought? Does the CL change the knock outs when Man City and Liverpool (two best teams imo) are seeded to fight in the first round of knock outs? The best team ultimately wins regardless of their path to the final.

I myself who plays for ESP and whose team directly profits from this swap in groups feel uneasy with this swap and even if it gives us an easier run, out of sake of integrity I feel like I must call this swap out for what it is. A manipulation of the brackets half way through the tournament to satisfy certain entitled figures in the community, thus blatantly disregarding the integrity of the tournament and community in hopes to simply win.

Ultimately though, it is a community run event and thus the community (captains) should be able to put this to a vote and decide what’s best for the community - not what’s best for your team. I am not opposed to a vote as its democratic and many captains have already voted, I am sure captains are mature enough to understand what this means if a swap does happen and will vote for what is in the best interests of the community, not their own team.

I am not a captain for this NWWC so I do not have a vote, the aim of this post is to speak to the captains, whether you have already voted, or are planning to vote for the swap - to please reconsider your decision for the sake of the integrity the NWWC.

So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #516 on: April 14, 2022, 03:35:00 pm »
It was always seeded towards France/England in the past as they always topped their group and were the clear two favourites since Germany was normally a fair bit behind almost all years. This year I don't believe that is so clear cut so I don't believe FRA/ENG need to be split as long as say Germany, FRA and ENG are not on the same side of the bracket I'd consider that as being seeded correctly from the start as I'd think those are the three favourites still with the '4th favourite' being in close contention between a few teams.

Not that it matters what I think but that's just my two cents and I don't personally see a need to change it as I believe this NWWC is the most open in years.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #517 on: April 14, 2022, 03:44:42 pm »
Keep it as it is
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Zeyden 狼

• Board Moderator
  • 2 fast 4 u ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Amaterasu/Envy/Team France
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: April 14, 2022, 03:48:30 pm »
keep it that way

Offline R1bazZz

• Major
  • Cyborg on duty
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Marco
« Reply #519 on: April 14, 2022, 03:53:27 pm »
Keep it, its just stupid to change it to have the same outcome that usually has.
Also @Ribaz. I think you can take Zenon's title as biggest statue
ngl Ribazz is the glue that holds this community together

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #520 on: April 14, 2022, 04:04:06 pm »
Who was asking for this change in the first place?

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #521 on: April 14, 2022, 04:12:16 pm »
Who was asking for this change in the first place?
you guess...
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: April 14, 2022, 04:23:23 pm »
Keep it, if a team is good enough to win they will, this is the weakest france and england rosters in years so maybe we can actually have someone interesting this time
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Senior Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #523 on: April 14, 2022, 04:59:36 pm »
Fr tho if you change it I'm pulling my servers

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #524 on: April 14, 2022, 05:00:08 pm »
Fr tho if you change it I'm pulling my servers
Then we fking change it
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.