Author Topic: NWWC 2022 | Overview  (Read 35796 times)

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
  • Side: Neutral
Re: ???
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2022, 06:09:25 pm »
Apart from NWWC, you probably won't see another GF tournament until late summer, so where does everyone else who can't get into the main team play?

We'd be extremely silly to pretend that a new NWWC will at all be at the same 'high level' as previous NWWCs, in fact it'll probably be quite unhealthy to do it in that format considering numerous 'top' players are currently taking 'breaks', the whole reason there's any form of discussion for NWWC is because everyone has the same worry that the top level just wont be entertaining enough, making the tournament completely dull to both watch and play. You'll end up with weaker teams than last year and fewer quality castings; I'd argue it would probably be 'healthier' since EGS just finished to have a more casual NWWC (with an obvious different name) which includes everyone, otherwise it'll probably just be extremely uninteresting.

Player retention in the form of an NWWC just simply wouldn't be good enough, it's very obvious that turning up to matches at 'top-level' has become a chore at this point rather than it actually being enjoyable. It's only really enjoyable for the people who're actually active and improving, which unfortunately are being left out on this one. Wouldn't surprise me if 'top' players would actually prefer a more casual tournament, they'd probably actually participate in a team their mates made rather than being pulled by the ear to turn up to a top level match.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2022, 06:15:16 pm by Fietta »

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2022, 06:11:56 pm »

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
  • Actual 1v1-10v10 Champion.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 5x NWWC Champ Mbozz/Gontanker/Nut
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2022, 06:14:59 pm »
Apart from NWWC, you probably won't see another GF tournament until late summer, so where does everyone else who can't get into the main team play?

We'd be extremely silly to pretend that a new NWWC will at all be at the same 'high level' as previous NWWCs, in fact it'll probably be quite unhealthy to do it in that format considering numerous 'top' players are currently taking 'breaks', the whole reason there's any form of discussion for NWWC is because everyone has the same worry that the top level just wont be entertaining enough, making the tournament completely dull to both watch and play. You'll end up with weaker teams than last year and fewer quality castings; I'd argue it would probably be 'healthier' since EGS just finished to have a more casual NWWC (with an obvious different name) which includes everyone, otherwise it'll probably just be extremely uninteresting.

Player retention in the form of an NWWC just simply wouldn't be good enough, it's very obvious that turning up to matches at 'top-level' has become a chore at this point rather than it actually being enjoyable. It's only really enjoyable for the people who're actually active and improving, which unfortunately are being left out on this one.
I know in England's case quite a few of them want to come back for this and I have no doubt like in the past many other nations will find the same. NWWC ultimately is normally uninteresting for the most part as we know who will make the top 3 generally.  As I said I'm not against a rookie or B league but there are flaws with that and no one seems to ever be willing to host it as we've seen in the past. But lets say you get all of the best players in FRA/GER/ENG but FRA B and ENG B team sign up. Those teams could beat a lot of the league 1 teams, let alone league 2 it still remains completely unbalanced.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2022, 06:16:07 pm »

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2022, 06:16:48 pm »
Where are those irrelevant hosts now to host B league NWWC (not the same ig since NWWC BELONGS TO HERISHEY!)
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2022, 06:18:00 pm »
Hey, if someone competent wanted to host a b league under NWWC name and were actually going to do it do a decent quality I'd let them use the name.
I won lots of things, I came 2nd and 3rd in lots of things, I guess I did some other shit too........ I'm also an FSE legend, probably most commonly described as a cunt. If the shit I do doesn't make sense in your head, well fuck you because it makes sense in mine.

Which i did, against known and reputed player, some of them considered legend, such as, Mandarin, Ledger, Tiberias, Herishey, Hokej, Troister, Axiom, Evanovic, Stark, Eddie, Jammo, Bagins, Freddie, Python. I didn't had a good relationship with most of them, but i congratulate them for what they did, and i had pleasure facing them.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • Board Moderator
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2022, 06:18:56 pm »
Hey, if someone competent wanted to host a b league under NWWC name and were actually going to do it do a decent quality I'd let them use the name.
I'll do it but then it has to be with Partizani
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2022, 06:19:04 pm »
Those teams could beat a lot of the league 1 teams, let alone league 2 it still remains completely unbalanced.

True, but that happens anyways, hence why it's the same top 3 teams. Must be a way to balance another division otherwise nations just sign up to lose (when they could potentially get further and have more enjoyable matches than stomps in a second league), it's not like it's a tournament for 'improving' like EGS, it's just more for playing, so there's no real reason for teams outside the top 5 to even sign up, they just do it for the sake of it.

Offline LEVIS

• Major
  • 13e
    • View Profile
  • Nick: je me souviens

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2022, 06:20:51 pm »
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Rikus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Gren_Rikus
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2022, 06:22:22 pm »
any idea's when this will start btw?

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2022, 06:22:45 pm »
Those teams could beat a lot of the league 1 teams, let alone league 2 it still remains completely unbalanced.

True, but that happens anyways, hence why it's the same top 3 teams. Must be a way to balance another division otherwise nations just sign up to lose (when they could potentially get further and have more enjoyable matches than stomps in a second league), it's not like it's a tournament for 'improving' like EGS, it's just more for playing, so there's no real reason for teams outside the top 5 to even sign up, they just do it for the sake of it.
What do you think happens in an actual world cup which is essentially what this is based on? Greece is a prime example, they always partake, never complain and have fun in doing so hence why they do it each year. They rarely win a match but still enjoy taking part.

We have tried other formats in the past over the years which I'm sure many people won't know but they ultimately made the competition less competitive even than it already as at some point during it's spell which is why in the end this tends to be what we always come back to.

any idea's when this will start btw?
I believe not too long after EGS ends.

Offline Rikus

• First Lieutenant
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 77y_Gren_Rikus
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2022, 06:27:00 pm »
tyty

This years NWWC might become really interesting

Offline Herishey

• Head Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2022, 06:49:17 pm »
So we've had an idea of something we did once a NWWC years back that no one carried on. It'll be sorta like a Champions League Europa setup. Basically we'll be doing the normal format to start, groups will be seeded/balanced, etc. So let's say we have 4 groups of 4. 2 from both advance, the 2 who do not go into a separate knockout tournament that will be considered league 2 almost. This should have at least 8 teams in it based on who we think will come as well league 1. This is not like a loser bracket where you can still get to the finals it'll be completely separate from the winners side and will have its own final/bronze match. No teams will be enlisted into the league 2 after the group point so no big teams can suddenly appear to win this if they lose and the 'weaker' teams can have more close matches and play for longer.

Offline FENTON

• First Lieutenant
  • Professional Palmares Hunter.
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Last pick
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2022, 06:55:00 pm »
LETSGOTEAMSCO