Author Topic: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 7 (Final)  (Read 53746 times)

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 4
« Reply #360 on: August 10, 2021, 09:30:52 pm »
From that screenshot, after that highlander ended melee, he joined up with the other 4+ highalnders and kep pursuing the other british line, the melee charge happened a lot after the time of this screenshot

We should have a video of it. If I can clip more I will.

Spoiler
45thN   7 - 1   96y/71st

Spoiler

[close]

What a weird, and bad match. 45thN started off quite well, having better tactics and winning mostly comfortably. The 71st was clearly missing DarkTemplar and Rommel leading-wise and was mostly shot down in the beginning. The 96y endlessly chased the 45thN Centre line. A couples rounds in the match got more light-hearted and the 96y/71st team didnt really look like they care anymore, ending in them yolo charging the last 2 rounds, one of them they actually won. So far so good, 45thN did a better job, and 71st/96y gave their best in the beginning but lost.
But the 45thN as in the first match I also reffed, was not worthy of a potential tournament winner. I would say about 5 rulebreaks a round. Incredible amount of ROL, Several FICs per round, trying to spawn and use Partizani weapons, an OA from time to time, and horrible formations. Together with a lose interpretation of what they are allowed to charge. Pres saved you guys from 1 round replay I would have given. Apart from that it was all relatively small rulebreaks that we solved with revives and slays. But cmon. I´d very honestly say I saw more then 30 rulebreaks from your side tonight, against maybe 3 from the other team. Work on that!
Good luck to both regiments in the further tournament!

45thN   8 - 0   33rd/16th

Spoiler

[close]

Not a lot to say about the match on a playing level. 45thn Gren line won the melee easily, 16th and 33rd gave their best and did some great shots or eliminated the second 45thN line. One great clutch from Fwuffy in a 1v4/5 situation.

But a few comments on the rules. You are only allowed to charge one line at the same time unless they stand super close. But 20 people spacing is not super close. 45thN got a warning for that and adapted after.
In this tournament, it's meant to revive, instead of slaying for FIC. That's different from EIC but that's the rules we have to play and ref to.
But also generally, some OAs but a lot of FICs, About 10 in the match which is way too much.
And a piece of friendly advice to the 45thN. Aleko summed it up well. You guys have a lot of "almost rulebreaks". It was hard to judge at points but your formation needs to be tighter. Apart from the one round where you baited the 16th and did a small FIC, it was never round deciding, but if it would have been, a decision to replay the round would be taken on most occasions. With two refs overseeing it better than one maybe the same.

GG and good luck to both in the further tournament!

[close]

3rd match no change. Enjoy cheating your way to victory.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 10, 2021, 09:31:48 pm »

Anytime that two lines were charged, they were either close enough or the charger was of a large enough size to not be ramboing.

45thN Gren line was always the ones charging 2 lines. They already werent the biggest line on the field. How are they a good size to still rambo??? 19th line Lines up once we were in melee. 19th shot and reloaded while the 45thN Grens were still charging them while charging us. 1 round 2-3 of my guys were Ficed and no slays or Revives. (Art Responded that his fingers couldnt do it fast enough?!?!?) While you do slay and revive them.

I've said enough on the charging side to justify my actions, please provide me some evidence if you think I was wrong and I will look at it again but right now I think that I made the right call.
In terms of the FiC/FoL we slayed after lots of warnings, and tried to get round to everyone. Some rounds some rule breaks really didnt make a difference
>always high
>GOAT

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #362 on: August 10, 2021, 09:35:28 pm »
Tbh probably best not inflame the thread even more, there was alot of issues admittedly on both sides which the admins covered professionally, there really is a lot to get through and alot of individual points on here will just clutter the thread. Thanks to Saxon and Art of Killing for reffing a messy match.

Maybe keep the flames outta internal and FSE now, throw us a pm in the gc if you got any issues

From that screenshot, after that highlander ended melee, he joined up with the other 4+ highalnders and kep pursuing the other british line, the melee charge happened a lot after the time of this screenshot

Spoiler
45thN   7 - 1   96y/71st

Spoiler

[close]

What a weird, and bad match. 45thN started off quite well, having better tactics and winning mostly comfortably. The 71st was clearly missing DarkTemplar and Rommel leading-wise and was mostly shot down in the beginning. The 96y endlessly chased the 45thN Centre line. A couples rounds in the match got more light-hearted and the 96y/71st team didnt really look like they care anymore, ending in them yolo charging the last 2 rounds, one of them they actually won. So far so good, 45thN did a better job, and 71st/96y gave their best in the beginning but lost.
But the 45thN as in the first match I also reffed, was not worthy of a potential tournament winner. I would say about 5 rulebreaks a round. Incredible amount of ROL, Several FICs per round, trying to spawn and use Partizani weapons, an OA from time to time, and horrible formations. Together with a lose interpretation of what they are allowed to charge. Pres saved you guys from 1 round replay I would have given. Apart from that it was all relatively small rulebreaks that we solved with revives and slays. But cmon. I´d very honestly say I saw more then 30 rulebreaks from your side tonight, against maybe 3 from the other team. Work on that!

Spoiler

[close]

Not a lot to say about the match on a playing level. 45thn Gren line won the melee easily, 16th and 33rd gave their best and did some great shots or eliminated the second 45thN line. One great clutch from Fwuffy in a 1v4/5 situation.

But a few comments on the rules. You are only allowed to charge one line at the same time unless they stand super close. But 20 people spacing is not super close. 45thN got a warning for that and adapted after.
In this tournament, it's meant to revive, instead of slaying for FIC. That's different from EIC but that's the rules we have to play and ref to.
But also generally, some OAs but a lot of FICs, About 10 in the match which is way too much.
And a piece of friendly advice to the 45thN. Aleko summed it up well. You guys have a lot of "almost rulebreaks". It was hard to judge at points but your formation needs to be tighter. Apart from the one round where you baited the 16th and did a small FIC, it was never round deciding, but if it would have been, a decision to replay the round would be taken on most occasions. With two refs overseeing it better than one maybe the same.

[close]

Maybe we should rename our team to NotWorthyPotentialWinners  ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:37:04 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #363 on: August 10, 2021, 09:36:01 pm »

Spoiler
45thN   7 - 1   96y/71st

Spoiler

[close]

Spoiler

[close]

[close]

yeah please do so, so we could review it more properly.

About the 2 slays, i did apologise in internal Skitty, i wasnt quick enough

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #364 on: August 10, 2021, 09:40:07 pm »
RIGGED
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #365 on: August 10, 2021, 09:51:21 pm »

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #366 on: August 10, 2021, 10:50:21 pm »
I'm just going to give my opinion about rule 2.4 here, agree or disagree all I ask that you hear me out.

I agree the referees are within their rights rule wise to call something to get regiments closer together but I am of the opinion that a melee only all charge is not the right way to go about it. While yes it gets the round over quickly the round in question will almost always be decided by whomever has the superior melee group. This takes any regimental leadership completely out of the equation and instead relies on regiments or companies being able to competently melee. Some regiments and companies have the privilege of having superior melee, but it must be kept in mind that the majority do not. Hell compare todays match between the 45thN and the 7th/19th and anyone you ask will say that the 45thN's overall melee will always be superior. I agree that any round outcome can be decided by the first 10 minutes but (using todays match as an example again) who says that the next 5 or 10 minutes cannot decide anything? In the 10 minutes of the all charge round you are right Lukasoh only 3 casualties and probably a few amount of hits happened but that can all be attributed to the 45thN having superior spacing and running parallel to the 7th/19th for the majority if not the entire round to prevent casualties.

So if calling a melee only all charge will almost always be decided by the melee superior regiment what else can be done? Instead of ordering a melee all charge, why not order the regiments to get closer according to the referees discretion? When the regiments get closer common variables like spacing and running parallel will still play an effect but will most likely be shelved for superior positioning, commands from the officers, and line discipline. While melee is an important factor to winning rounds in a match this is not a group fight, melee should not be placed on a higher pedestal than leadership when it comes to all forms of regimental play. If anyone else has a better idea please do not hesitate to drop it I'd love a discussion.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #367 on: August 10, 2021, 10:52:54 pm »
I mean why don’t you just do a “both regiments close ground now” if it appears the rounds are taking a long time via camping or other means. This still enables for close range shooting and melee instead of all charge still giving regiments a chance.

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2021, 01:01:44 am »
I AM SO SURPRISED A 45THN MATCH IS GOING TO SHIT EVEN WITHOUT MY BIAS ADMINING

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #369 on: August 11, 2021, 01:06:07 am »

Offline Fietta

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 15th_YR_Gren_trot888
« Reply #370 on: August 11, 2021, 01:53:20 am »

Let's count how many times 45thN said your admining was biased;

1... 2... oh wait no one.

It was more of a concern of your piss-poor review and clear slating of the team. I don't recall any 45thN member once saying that you were a biased admin, in-fact IIRC Maskman said that he had no issue with you being a referee for the match, we were just awfully concerned with your shitposting.

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
« Reply #371 on: August 11, 2021, 02:40:40 am »
I didn't know Fietta is from Belgium
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 11, 2021, 03:00:50 am »
I love linebattles.

BlitzkriegMBNW

« Reply #373 on: August 11, 2021, 03:01:22 am »

Offline RUS_Flusha90