Author Topic: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 7 (Final)  (Read 53601 times)

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 4
« Reply #345 on: August 10, 2021, 09:08:48 pm »
10 min all charge rule is stupid
no its not, nobody wants to spend 20minutes every round chasing lines

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
  • Side: Union
« Reply #346 on: August 10, 2021, 09:10:47 pm »
They are engaging in shooting against a melee superior opponent, what's the issue Edit: If they were running around the map and not shooting/engaging at all I'd agree with you but we were shooting

Offline [2ndHess] lukasoh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #347 on: August 10, 2021, 09:12:01 pm »
They are engaging in shooting against a melee superior opponent, what's the issue
You had 10 mins to shoot and made like 3 kills? Lets play another 50 mins until you shoot everyone across the map.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: August 10, 2021, 09:12:46 pm »
6-2 to 45thN.

Some general points about this match, a lot of FiC/FoL but not a lot of deaths from it and no rule break was seriously round changing imo. I called 1 all charge round where 11 minutes had passed with little action. Some dubious charges but overall nothing that would of changed the overall result of the match.

https://imgur.com/a/g3usytB

https://imgur.com/a/p1snQ0M
>always high
>GOAT

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #349 on: August 10, 2021, 09:13:35 pm »
They are engaging in shooting against a melee superior opponent, what's the issue
good leading/repositioning to get shots is fine, running away while not trying to get any shots at all is just a waste of time and delaying the inevitable

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: August 10, 2021, 09:13:52 pm »
Spoiler
You had 10 mins to shoot and made like 3 kills? Lets play another 50 mins until you shoot everyone across the map.
[close]

As I said in the game, over ten minutes had passed with little result coming from the shooting. Both lines were evasive, and the response was that it may of allowed you to beat 45thN Grens. But I am not playing 15+ minute rounds so you may or may not win a round
>always high
>GOAT

Offline [Stryker]

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 92nd CSjt
    • View Profile
    • My Yt Channel
  • Nick: Stryker
« Reply #351 on: August 10, 2021, 09:14:00 pm »
Then order the regiments to get closer and if they don't they forfeit a round, don't let it be decided solely on melee skill

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:31 pm »
Then order the regiments to get closer and if they don't they forfeit a round, don't let it be decided solely on melee skill

Rules say I can call all charge, nothing about me telling them to get closer.
>always high
>GOAT

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: August 10, 2021, 09:18:48 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

As I said in the game, over ten minutes had passed with little result coming from the shooting. Both lines were evasive, and the response was that it may of allowed you to beat 45thN Grens. But I am not playing 15+ minute rounds so you may or may not win a round

Really? Did you forget we killed half of their centre in melee that round before tactically withdrawing before the grens got us into melee?

Spoiler
[close]

What about this? Not charging 2 lines? You couldn't make it up.

Screenshots don't lie.

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #354 on: August 10, 2021, 09:18:59 pm »
All I have to say is we lost 2 rounds by admins. Thats all, I let Pres deal with this further if needed! And a line can only charge 1 line. not 1 45thN Grens did that like 3 times this whole match.

Offline Saxon

• Captain
  • Resident Stoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: August 10, 2021, 09:21:17 pm »
I['m not really sure what you are trying to prove by that screenshot it isnt very clear.

But-

3.3  Regiments must stay together whilst in charge; individuals straying dramatically from the rest of their regiment (rambos) in an attempt to engage a 2nd enemy line will be slain without warning.

3.4  Charging two enemy units at once is only acceptable if either the two lines are in close proximity to one another or your regiment is of sufficient size to engage the 2nd line without breaking the rambo rule (above).

Anytime that two lines were charged, they were either close enough or the charger was of a large enough size to not be ramboing.

I just followed the rules set out, if you do not like them then speak to Kincaid. I do not think it is any secret me and maskman do not get along so I really hope there is no one thinking of me being bias
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 09:23:04 pm by Saxon »
>always high
>GOAT

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: August 10, 2021, 09:22:44 pm »
From that screenshot, after that highlander ended melee, he joined up with the other 4+ highalnders and kept pursuing the other british line, the melee charge happened a lot after the time of this screenshot

Offline 19boboy97

• First Lieutenant
  • Gotta Catch 'Em All!
    • View Profile
    • FSE cat girl
  • Nick: Cat Girl Trainer
« Reply #357 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:20 pm »
I['m not really sure what you are trying to prove by that screenshot it isnt very clear.

But-

3.3  Regiments must stay together whilst in charge; individuals straying dramatically from the rest of their regiment (rambos) in an attempt to engage a 2nd enemy line will be slain without warning.

3.4  Charging two enemy units at once is only acceptable if either the two lines are in close proximity to one another or your regiment is of sufficient size to engage the 2nd line without breaking the rambo rule (above).

Anytime that two lines were charged, they were either close enough or the charger was of a large enough size to not be ramboing.

Yes we should stick together in charge, but we couldn't since you split into 1000 pieces running away.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #358 on: August 10, 2021, 09:24:47 pm »
Spoiler
[close]

Really? Did you forget we killed half of their centre in melee that round before tactically withdrawing before the grens got us into melee?

Spoiler
[close]

What about this? Not charging 2 lines? You couldn't make it up.

Screenshots don't lie.

GG WP thanks for the match :)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Skittykiller

• Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Skitty, DOG GAME
« Reply #359 on: August 10, 2021, 09:26:16 pm »

45thN Gren line was always the ones charging 2 lines. They already werent the biggest line on the field. How are they a good size to still rambo??? 19th line Lines up once we were in melee. 19th shot and reloaded while the 45thN Grens were still charging them while charging us. 1 round 2-3 of my guys were Ficed and no slays or Revives. (Art Responded that his fingers couldnt do it fast enough?!?!?) While you do slay and revive them.