Author Topic: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 7 (Final)  (Read 53612 times)

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 2
« Reply #270 on: August 02, 2021, 11:43:50 pm »
Stockholm is one of the rare people in the community that actually enjoys refereeing. He's also one of the better refs in the community (behind me obviously but still good ;)) so if he says there was around 30 rule breaks then I believe him. Maybe instead of getting defensive see this as a warning or a gift to get in better shape cause in the later stages people won't be lenient.

However at the same time:
shut up stockholm

Offline StockholmDE

• Colonel
  • Ex 66th Gren / Former 92nd Grenadier Ens
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Stockholm
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #271 on: August 03, 2021, 12:00:06 am »
Spoiler
Spoiler
45thN   7 - 1   96y/71st

Spoiler

[close]

What a weird, and bad match. 45thN started off quite well, having better tactics and winning mostly comfortably. The 71st was clearly missing DarkTemplar and Rommel leading-wise and was mostly shot down in the beginning. The 96y endlessly chased the 45thN Centre line. A couples rounds in the match got more light-hearted and the 96y/71st team didnt really look like they care anymore, ending in them yolo charging the last 2 rounds, one of them they actually won. So far so good, 45thN did a better job, and 71st/96y gave their best in the beginning but lost.
But the 45thN as in the first match I also reffed, was not worthy of a potential tournament winner. I would say about 5 rulebreaks a round. Incredible amount of ROL, Several FICs per round, trying to spawn and use Partizani weapons, an OA from time to time, and horrible formations. Together with a lose interpretation of what they are allowed to charge. Pres saved you guys from 1 round replay I would have given. Apart from that it was all relatively small rulebreaks that we solved with revives and slays. But cmon. I´d very honestly say I saw more then 30 rulebreaks from your side tonight, against maybe 3 from the other team. Work on that!
Good luck to both regiments in the further tournament!
[close]

I honestly cannot comprehend what I've just read, what a load of shit. If you've seen 30+ rulebreaks why have I only seen maybe 4 bits of purple chat in the whole event?? I can't speak entirely for the Grens as I could never really see them but Centre company was consistently performing within the rule set with maybe one or two minor breaks. What was horrific was the 71st / 96y giving up and turning to just random FiC's and rambos. Apart from that, a really enjoyable game, for certain the first 5 rounds were very close. GG well played to the other team.
I understand your point at parts. Your line was the by far better one when it comes to following the rules. I don't really remember who did the FICs and OAs etc but judged by formations and ROL you were most of the time fine. But Maskmanns line was not at all.

But where you are wrong Mitchell is the "purple chat" part. In the second half there was a lot of internal admin, we wrote more than 4 things in Adminchat, and I myself minimum did 10 slays and 5 revives + some were done by Presidente.

So yes Pres did the surely more calm summary. I was probably more annoyed by the absolute shitshow you guys delivered than he was. But not a single thing I wrote is false and if you deny that you are dumb.

1. 30+ rulebreaks? Wrong
2. Shit formations? Wrong
3. Several FICs per round? Wrong

Sure, 1 and 3 most likely happened, but no where near to the exaggeration that you liked to portray to fit some strange narrative that 45thN's plans are to destroy the NW community or something. We're not out here intentionally trying to break rules, putting our position in the tournament in jeopardy for the purpose of winning. Sure, we'd like to win as much as everyone else but the piss-poor brain-making from some of the players going Partizani isn't representative of the regiment and is exactly why they were slain by our own regiment as El_Presidente pointed out.

Instead of constantly slating our regiment because you get sensitive when the team you wouldn't want to win, wins, you should probably focus on solidifying your regiment's grenadiers' loyalty by potentially being better people? It's all fun and games trying to paint a satire picture of our regiment, but when you're constantly nit-picking and exaggerating our mistakes, you're just being extreme cringe holding a grudge like that, sort yourself out, it's becoming a joke.
[close]
Already sorry for Kincaid but can't just let that stand Fietta.

I at no point said I believe you did that intentionally. Yes, it was horrible IMO. But maybe you guys just had a very bad day and your formations are not on your melee level. That could be the case for sure. In fact, I had a conversation with Maskman via steam explaining to him what I saw and asking him to work on that. I also hardly get where I am biased. I was relatively limited in my actions, as it was no (maybe 1) round deciding rule breaks, and I fair as I am let it at that. But I am deeply worried that a final between you guys and the 15th&77y could end up in a horrible event. Cause if todays things would happen against the 15th, the refs are your smallest problem.

And Fietta, trying to make me a 92nd man being mad at the 45thN xD. Cmon. You have the better melee atm which I never denied. And ask Alatriste and Marquez who wished them good luck and is still normal towards them. I believe you are the one having an issue with me and not the other way around  ;)

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #272 on: August 03, 2021, 12:23:08 am »
Seeing that Stockholm has doubled down on his claims that the 45thN over 30 broke rules ranging from FiCs, OAs and Rambos this is a post just to clarify the situation as it isn't as one sided as reviewed. Ultimately its up to the refs own discretion of what he should add to his post match review, and I thank Stockholm for reffing and going into depth with his review, no matter how facetious it was.

My understanding of RoL Rules
To clarify my understanding as they aren't explicitly told in the rules, Reloads may be finished off as the line is moving as long as the gaps between the reloader and the line is no more than 2-3 man spacing as done in NWL and EIC. For Example - the command 'move around reloaders' would not constitute an RoL as long as the reloaders rejoin the line with at the latest 2/3 man spacing at the back. This is probably what caused alot of confusion as our understanding may differ but feel free to correct me
[close]

45thN Centre Company and Grenadier POV

[close]

Down below are the 45thN Rule Breaks as shown in the video

Unintentional OA in 2nd Round

[close]

First Unintentional RoL after being told to break in 5th Round
[close]

1 questionable rev for supposed FIC in round 5

Line wasn't broken though tbf it was close[/img]
[close]

1 Unintentional OA
[close]

Timlef throws a bottle at Desant and gets slayed

Misunderstanding which lead to RoL

1 Criminal FiC from one of our HoldFast recruits

Nice Kick Janne xd
[close]

The Final Round being a meme melee all charge where there some memey FiCs from both sides, so if you want to count it up to your 30 supposed game changing rule breaks then by all means count them in, but that number moves no where past ten. The 45thN let our NCOs lead past round 5 for experience so for us and for the 96y/71st coalition the light hearted match was practically over.

The 45thN won every round decisively being at least up 10 in all the rounds we won sometimes being up 20, these rule breaks although minor shouldn't allow any rounds to be reconsidered voided and replayed by any means. However the cleaner a match up is - the better and we will try to avoid the rule breaks as much as possible. As seen in the recording none of these (other than timlefs memes bottle throw) were done maliciously or on purpose and these handful of rule breaks and mistakes shouldn't constitute the regiment to be publicly deemed of not worthy of being a potential tournament winner. with the match being called the worst match you've ever reffed. It is a bit cringe that you're doubling down on your claims about the over 30 rule breaks when you only give us one official warning in admin chat about the RoLs. Despite some good refereeing, its a shame that you have attempted to have a dig at the 45thN over this 2v2, I am sure we would've managed to have maybe have five unintentional rule breaks if you maybe warned and explicitly told both lines in Admin chat what was going on rather than shit talking me to Nova in internal  :-*

GG WP to the 71st/96y, again apologies for the longish post  :)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:35:31 am by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
  • Сосать, уроды, сосать!!! (с)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 03, 2021, 12:40:53 am »
I don't understand why some rounds  weren't replayed. Especially this round were we got shot from two sides at the same moment by one line

p.s: shit formation
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 12:45:57 am by KOBZIK »
23:05 - 37th | Bodya: what he need will be do ?

Offline Vegi.

• Where is my stack?!
  • General
  • Divide and Conquer
    • View Profile
  • Nick: King of Stack
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #274 on: August 03, 2021, 12:41:29 am »
CRIMINAL PERFORMANCE BY 45THN! 100 + RULEBREAKS PLEASE BAN FROM TOURNEY KINCAID
Stop looking at my posts Fietta #RentFree

The Master of stack, the voice of racism.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 03, 2021, 12:42:49 am »
Please add the following to 77y and Friends:

.1222304/ #Artista

Artista's ID was wrong and has been fixed.

Offline Lonedoge.

• Second Lieutenant
  • thanks to fellow artmaster higen for the signature
    • View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
« Reply #276 on: August 03, 2021, 12:47:42 am »
I don't understand why some rounds  weren't replayed. Especially this round were we got shot from two sides at the same moment by one line
u got destroyed all the rounds, replaying that round for something that didnt even impact the match would have just delayed the inevitable

Spoiler
[close]

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 03, 2021, 12:49:45 am »
u got destroyed all the rounds, replaying that round for something that didnt even impact the match would have just delayed the inevitable

Spoiler
[close]
it was an example, and it was 4:0, so we could comeback at that time, and it had an impact to the round

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 03, 2021, 12:53:33 am »

Spoiler
[close]
it was an example, and it was 4:0, so we could comeback at that time, and it had an impact to the round

Apologies, that round there was a mistake in communication where I mispressed the push to talk button and the reverse didn't come through on the TS. I technically FoL'd really, but its the type of thing admins cant really pick up on for a revive/slay. GG WP though :)
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 03, 2021, 01:00:31 am »
Actually after this match I think its a bit overpowered to have 1 line much bigger then the other. to have one smaller line with 17 man and a bigger line with 21 is better and stronger then having two 18 men line, and it felt that way in the match.

Its nothing against the 45th, gg to them btw

Offline Saitama

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • older than Glennofnw
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Lady_Boy
« Reply #280 on: August 03, 2021, 01:02:31 am »
Tbf I kinda understand why some people are mad. If I'd have to deal with an actual good line while some random ass group of sub 50 hours, HF players and apes would escape the zoo just to constantly shoot me from all kinda angles, then I'd probably be annoyed as well. We even got some high quality crack-filled bananas to run away fast af from anyone trying to approach us, so the interactive gameplay was guaranteed

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 03, 2021, 01:05:54 am »
Actually after this match I think its a bit overpowered to have 1 line much bigger then the other. to have one smaller line with 17 man and a bigger line with 21 is better and stronger then having two 18 men line, and it felt that way in the match.

Its nothing against the 45th, gg to them btw

Key is to have about 25-30 in spec! That always helps too :P

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 03, 2021, 01:09:09 am »

p.s: shit formation

I'm glad someone got a screenshot of that.

That's the round I would have been in favour of replaying if Stockholm had seen it, sadly he didn't fully and obviously to do something like voiding a round you probably need both referees to agree.

Offline KOBZIK

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 03, 2021, 01:10:43 am »
I’m not mad and the strategy of the center line to run away was a classic strategy that we used in 1v1, but even if we actually caught the center line we would be outnumbered by 3 men already, and even  more if we got shot in the early game of the match. I think that there should be a rule that the allied lines should be equal so that the +2 difference doesn’t feel like +3 or +4
« Last Edit: August 03, 2021, 01:13:56 am by KOBZIK »

Offline Gi

• General
  • #freepoland
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Snappers_Gi
« Reply #284 on: August 03, 2021, 01:30:49 am »
I vote to disqualify the 45thn