Author Topic: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 7 (Final)  (Read 53773 times)

Offline Nightwing

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Neutral
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 1
« Reply #195 on: July 27, 2021, 08:46:44 pm »
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nachtfluegel/
In Regiment participating?: (if so which?) 45thN
Prior Experience/Comment: Last 2v2 and NWBC, 1v1 tournaments and more gf tournaments

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #196 on: July 27, 2021, 09:18:36 pm »
77y and friends 8 - 19th and 7th 0

A really good match with strong performances from both. The only issues were warnings for ROL which isn't  biggest issue and a slight delay at the start due to lack of numbers but after 15 mins we were ready to go.

Only dodgieness came from a decision made by myself to not revive an OA due to the fact that they had joined a friendly unit. If I got this call wrong please excuse me.

Well done to all!

Spoiler
[close]

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 27, 2021, 09:34:01 pm »
I don't accept your OA excuse.

You originally said I 'blocked' the shot, whatever that means, then changed to an elaborate reason about Skitty's regiment joining our line.  Why change your excuse so radically?

I guess when a line runs straight at you and you shoot the officer by accident, they are blocking too? The 77y moved onto our officer side and started firing.

https://gyazo.com/9ad64ecf40b6df038f98bfb2356c7824 (Of the OA, what's the minimum for a line anyway, 77y are only 3)

That one round it MAY have made the difference. We weren't happy about it at all. Other than that ty to 77y and 15thYR some of those rounds were closer than I thought they would be.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 09:36:06 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline Scottish Unicorn

• Most Beloved In All Of NW
  • Board Moderator
  • Meowing in chat
    • View Profile
    • My Nudes
« Reply #198 on: July 27, 2021, 09:40:21 pm »

You originally said I 'blocked' the shot, whatever that means, then changed to an elaborate reason about Skitty's regiment joining our line.  Why change your excuse so radically?

I guess when a line runs straight at you and you shoot the officer by accident, they are blocking too? The 77y moved onto our officer side and started firing.

https://gyazo.com/9ad64ecf40b6df038f98bfb2356c7824 (Of the OA, what's the minimum for a line anyway, 77y are only 3)

That one round it MAY have made the difference. We weren't happy about it at all. Other than that ty to 77y and 15thYR some of those rounds were closer than I thought they would be.
I never changed my reasoning? You can check the server logs, I said tha t joining the friendly line made the OA not revivable.

3 was enough to be in the line as its Less than 3 join a friendly unit. That's the rules.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 27, 2021, 09:54:09 pm »
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008837363/
In Regiment participating?: 19th
Prior Experience/Comment: NRP, NWBC, 2v2, 19th Weekend Events etc etc.... You said you were very short on referees, if you'd like help then I will do it sir

Offline 33rdKincaid

• Major General
  • 33rd_Col_Kincaid
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Kincaid
  • Side: Confederacy
Re: | NW 2v2 | Season II | Match-Week 2
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2021, 10:33:23 pm »

Match-week 2                       

|                       Match-week                       |
|                       Match                       |
26th July
92nd      vs      17pp & 3pp
16th & 33rd      vs      7th & 19th
45th      vs      71st & 96y

Offline ArtOfKilling

• Colonel
  • 16th Colonel
    • View Profile
  • Side: Union
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2021, 11:10:14 pm »
Steam ID: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008837363/
In Regiment participating?: 19th
Prior Experience/Comment: NRP, NWBC, 2v2, 19th Weekend Events etc etc.... You said you were very short on referees, if you'd like help then I will do it sir
OMG IS THIS  HAPPENING  ?? ;D

Offline Artur

• Corporal
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 28, 2021, 02:36:58 pm »
Match week: 2
Participants: 17pp & 55th vs 92nd
Date/Time: 31.07.2021 7 pm gmt
Referee #1: None yet
Referee #2: None yet

Offline pieter

• Major
  • Bydand
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 92nd_Lt-Col_Peter_MacFie
« Reply #203 on: July 28, 2021, 02:40:37 pm »
Players to add to the 92nd:

.1179200/ #Glieber
.518993/ #Bawo
.2265188/ #Quibique
.2045873/ #Allectus
.781360/ #Teezzsh
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 02:42:17 pm by pieter »

Offline Melsyo

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • The KILLER ANDD KID FISTO
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 11thTX_Cpt_Melsyo, 15th_YR_Lt
« Reply #204 on: July 28, 2021, 02:45:09 pm »

Regardless of what unicorn said, you can see your officer is literally moving back and forth, "shielding" the front and back of the line in an alternating fashion. You can clearly see that Jacob is already aiming for the back of the line but right as he fires your officer moves in front of that curve at the back, resulting in the officer aim. I understand that it sucks that the round in which this occurred happened to be the closest round as well but still don't see how this clip proves your point at all.
Wtf wht did you said... I have leave the serveur maybe because I must eat  ? chut up man

Offline Alf

• Major
  • 15th carry
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 28, 2021, 03:02:24 pm »
Players to add to the 92nd:
.518993/ #Bawo

wait wait wait, IS MY SWEDE COMING TO PLAY NW?
Nothing seemed out of place except the washing machine in the bar when the pink horses galloped across the sea.

Let your intentions be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you range, fall like a thunderbolt - Zeyden cringelord

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 28, 2021, 03:14:11 pm »
Mels spitting straight facts in here

We stan Mels
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline El_Presidente

• Colonel
  • David
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 28, 2021, 07:11:41 pm »
Spoiler

Regardless of what unicorn said, you can see your officer is literally moving back and forth, "shielding" the front and back of the line in an alternating fashion. You can clearly see that Jacob is already aiming for the back of the line but right as he fires your officer moves in front of that curve at the back, resulting in the officer aim. I understand that it sucks that the round in which this occurred happened to be the closest round as well but still don't see how this clip proves your point at all.
[close]

I think OA is a cringey rule and I don't like it at all. I think it's a legacy rule of a bygone age made by a class of officers up their own arse. But if you are going to have it, you better well enforce it especially in tournaments.

I don't think you understood my counter example though. If an enemy officer runs straight towards you with their line they are using themselves as a shield. In some events, officers will walk infront of their own lines and get shot, claiming OA. No officer I've ever seen sits at the end of their line stationary. They always move around. The ONLY case where you shouldn't get revived for OA is in charge. That's it.

I've played the game long enough to know all of the above happens, and frankly anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

EDIT: I will say it doesn't matter now though!!! Just thought I might as well clarify.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2021, 07:22:41 pm by El_Presidente »

Offline John Price

• Block guys what is this!?
  • General
  • Destroyer of RGL
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2021, 07:51:52 pm »
I feel like you are using examples from pub events though. Those examples are so extreme I never see it happen almost at all. The few times it has happened they usually get told to fuck off lol. Like you have been around a long time but when has that been in a comp capacity? Last time I saw you do anything competitive before the 19th was when we were both in 54e back in 2013. Not picking on you or anything just saying idk where else you are getting this from except pubbie LB's. An officer being shot is incredibly disruptive to a lines leading and formation when abused. And still does happen although rarely.

But anyway, Officers should always be revived if they are OA'd except in charge. We now have a revive tool so if an OA is actually by accident it can be revived without the need for a slay. But in the GIF you posted the officer was literally just standing in the way on purpose and deserved to get wrecked. Still should have been revived though.

Officers in charge is something myself, Gaz, Gi and even Tardet had some conversations about during EIC as that is something that probably does need updating, but the Officer Aim rule is necessary and absolutely fine. If you remove the rule then it will just get abused.
Knightmare is from Albania, no?
Sorry, I can't accept this team.

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #209 on: July 29, 2021, 10:01:46 pm »
Old Regiment: 92nd
New Regiment: 45thN

.495512/ #Alatriste   
.8768/ #Marquez 

Regiment Name: 45thN
#ADD /
.1862537/ #Gurki
.1353099/ #ghostrider7811
.1893535/ #SwissG

For the 2nd Match Week :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2021, 10:22:34 pm by maskmanmarks »
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?