Author Topic: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 76173 times)

Offline lonedoge

• Captain
  • artist
    • View Profile
    • youtube
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2020, 07:59:02 pm »
this should be good

Offline MarxeiL

• Lieutenant General
  • Cvet nastroenija - serij, samij skuchnij
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 13e | CCCP
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2020, 08:22:54 pm »
Great suggestions bros, keep it up ;D
| 1x 10v10 Winner | 2x 9v9 Winner | 2x 8v8 Winner | 1x 7v7 Winner | 1x 6v6 Winner | 2x 5v5 Winner | 1x 4v4 Winner | 1x 3v3 Winner |
| 1x TDT Winner | 1x NWL (2nd L) Winner | 1x NWL (1st L) Winner | 1x RGT Winner | 2x RGL Winner |
| 1x TDT Runner-up | 1x 8v8 Runner-up | 1x 7v7 Runner-up | 1x NWFL Runner-up | 1x EIC Runner-up | 1x 2v2 Runner-up |

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2020, 08:34:50 pm »
where is wbmm legend goguryo @lapache @tardet
we have to find our own goguryo Sanel

its time to make legends
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline lonedoge

• Captain
  • artist
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2020, 08:57:17 pm »
Is there ranks or anything similar for winning games? I'm not sure how this works, I've just seen clips of matches on YouTube but looks and sounds great

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2020, 09:17:24 pm »
will an anticheat system be implemented similar to the one in the native?

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gibby
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2020, 09:21:54 pm »
Is there ranks or anything similar for winning games? I'm not sure how this works, I've just seen clips of matches on YouTube but looks and sounds great

https://warbandmatchmaking.com/

I’m going to presume it works the same as Native. You gain mmr for a win and lose mmr for a defeat, but the amount you gain or lose is based on your personal score and the match score. There are different thresholds for certain ranks, so as your mmr goes beyond a threshold your rank increases automatically. There’s a leaderboard which displays the highest mmrs and the K/Ds of each player, though you can select them for detailed stats on each one like their winrate. The match history tab also has a detailed breakdown of the stats of every player in every match you’ve played, including how much damage and teamdamage each person did.

That’s assuming it has all the same features as the Native version, which I imagine it will.
you are as weak as whales by acting like that.

Offline LaPache

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2020, 09:48:58 pm »

https://warbandmatchmaking.com/

I’m going to presume it works the same as Native. You gain mmr for a win and lose mmr for a defeat, but the amount you gain or lose is based on your personal score and the match score. There are different thresholds for certain ranks, so as your mmr goes beyond a threshold your rank increases automatically. There’s a leaderboard which displays the highest mmrs and the K/Ds of each player, though you can select them for detailed stats on each one like their winrate. The match history tab also has a detailed breakdown of the stats of every player in every match you’ve played, including how much damage and teamdamage each person did.

That’s assuming it has all the same features as the Native version, which I imagine it will.
Yes exactly like that thanks!
For everyone confused right now it's not released yet! We are aiming to get it done by Sunday or even earlier but I can't say for sure.
I will make an announcement on the forums when we are going live so don't worry about missing anything out  :)

The whole thing went a little messy now because we already got the subboard even though we were suppose to get it saturday so not all threads are done yet.

Offline lonedoge

• Captain
  • artist
    • View Profile
    • youtube
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2020, 09:57:15 pm »
Thanks for the answers  ;)

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2020, 06:50:29 pm »
You gain mmr for a win and lose mmr for a defeat, but the amount you gain or lose is based on your personal score and the match score.
neither of those things reflect performance?
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Wursti

« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2020, 06:59:14 pm »
Gonna grind that Global Elite

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 25, 2020, 07:02:01 pm »
You gain mmr for a win and lose mmr for a defeat, but the amount you gain or lose is based on your personal score and the match score.
neither of those things reflect performance?

If you lose the match you will always lose mmr and if you win the match you will always gain mmr, but the amount you gain or lose depends on how hard you won/lost and your personal score.

Some examples (I'm going to presume each match is ft10 but that's an assumption):

Let's say I win 10 - 2 but my score is 3 kills 12 deaths and for that I gain 35 mmr. I'm still going to gain a significant amount of mmr because the match was won but not as much as a player with a good score would get. So, in the same match (won 10 - 2), a player that had 15 kills and 2 deaths might gain 55 mmr for that result.

Let's go to the other side, the team that lost 2 - 10. Someone on that team with -1 kills and 12 deaths will lose loads of mmr, let's say 60. Someone with a score like 15 kills and 12 deaths in that match might only lose 25 mmr.

None of those numbers are accurate because I don't have the exact formula but I hope it demonstrates the idea to you. Basically players who get good scores will gain more mmr for wins and lose less for defeats.

Here's a period of my match history on the Native version so you can see how that works. The mmr gain numbers are lower here than they currently are because the formula was changed, so numbers above 50 are more common in the current version:
Example of mmr gain/loss
[close]

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 25, 2020, 07:19:57 pm »
dude i got that lmao, i was saying that neither personal score nor how hard a player won/lost is reflective of said player's individual performance so i dont see why mmr would be based on those. So many times ppl topscore while getting completely carried by their team

e.g LeFaisan
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 25, 2020, 07:20:52 pm »
dude i got that lmao, i was saying that neither personal score nor how hard a player won/lost is reflective of said player's individual performance so i dont see why mmr would be based on those. So many times ppl topscore while getting completely carried by their team

e.g LeFaisan
you dare talk shit about the goat???

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 25, 2020, 07:23:27 pm »

e.g LeFaisan
you dare talk shit about the goat???
it took me great courage

Offline Gibby Jr

• Colonel
  • DAGOTHWAVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 25, 2020, 07:24:33 pm »

e.g LeFaisan

If you're a good teamplayer then you'll win more matches than bad teamplayers, so your mmr will be higher than them based on that.

I'm not sure what other metric could be factored into deciding mmr gain/loss. I think the most recent formula factors in the amount of damage you deal but I'm not certain about that. There's really nothing other than damage, kills, deaths and the match score that can be used to decide how much you gain or lose.