Author Topic: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions  (Read 76953 times)

Offline nIvan

• Colonel
  • hello
    • View Profile
  • Nick: hi
  • Side: Neutral
Re: [WBMM] Discussion & Suggestions
« Reply #60 on: June 28, 2020, 06:08:24 pm »
maybe change it so the highest mmr people aren’t automatically captain so theres more variety in teams

Offline Ry@n

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • 18th_Col
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Nick:Nick:Nick:Nick:
« Reply #61 on: June 28, 2020, 06:20:09 pm »
When i try to pair up with a comrade i cant because apparently i am offline on the website. My connection status on the website is permanently on 'connecting to server' thus I cant actually pair up/ play in matches and i also cant join any queue. My internet is working perfectly fine, do you guys know how to resolve this
i cant even queue at all cos of an error with SQL ur lucky bruv
same here....

Offline AccursedGull

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • If you are losing the battle, just win. ~Sun Tzu
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Gull ; Broly
« Reply #62 on: June 28, 2020, 07:09:02 pm »
Change so after round starts you can't go behind the white line anymore. This white line glitching is abusive af

"Only when a mosquito lands on your balls will you learn to rather use precision than strength"

Radulf

« Reply #63 on: June 28, 2020, 07:16:15 pm »
It's really a question of luck more than anything else, I made games at 25 kills for 5 dead and I still lost,you just have to pray that the least stupid captain picks you.
I was 22nd on the leaderboard and yet I had a better ratio than the 2nd on the leaderboard but he wasn't losing because he'd been lucky enough to be well chosen, I think removing the picking system would be a good idea.

+ Drake agrees
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:31:10 pm by Zeyden 狼 »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2020, 07:47:26 pm »
This man has never played matchmaking in any game before ^

Radulf

« Reply #65 on: June 28, 2020, 07:52:33 pm »
This man have played matchamking on native for 1 years when there was a completely different and way better system

Offline Tardet

• The NW Historian
  • General
  • Fidelitate et Honore | Fake Hype King
    • View Profile
  • Nick: Tardet
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2020, 07:53:16 pm »
People just gotta stop whining and suck it up. WBMM's matchmaking performances will never be a true indicator of the real strength/potential of a player, there is no communication involved which is the basis of any proper gf match, just take it as a good warm-up/training session but please, don't be obsessed by yours / other players' MMR or ranking, this is silly af.

Yeah, sometimes you will get picked by a captain who doesn't have a clue about who the players are, it happens rarely but it does happen. When it's the case, just try your best, keep the toxicity level to a minimum and move on to your next game, it's one game out of 10, and saying that 'it is your regular experience on the WBMM' is simply a false representation of the reality. Everybody is bound to experience these sort of situations one day or another, the more you manage to keep your frustration under control, the easier it gets.

This man have played matchamking on native for 1 years when there was a completely different and way better system

Native WBMM has been using the captain pick system for a while and it's vastly superior to the terrible MMR-based mixture you would get before that.
Don't worry about what people think, they don't do it very often.

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 28, 2020, 07:56:36 pm »
Well any matchmaking system would have some form of randomization. There's always an aspect of "luck" of getting the right team. It's part of the fun.  And even if you get a shit team you can try to make the best of it.
If you want premades, then that isn't matchmaking anymore, that's just your gf team doing practice matches against a group of randoms.

Radulf

« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2020, 08:09:11 pm »
Spoiler
People just gotta stop whining and suck it up. WBMM's matchmaking performances will never be a true indicator of the real strength/potential of a player, there is no communication involved which is the basis of any proper gf match, just take it as a good warm-up/training session but please, don't be obsessed by yours / other players' MMR or ranking, this is silly af.

Yeah, sometimes you will get picked by a captain who doesn't have a clue about who the players are, it happens rarely but it does happen. When it's the case, just try your best, keep the toxicity level to a minimum and move on to your next game, it's one game out of 10, and saying that 'it is your regular experience on the WBMM' is simply a false representation of the reality. Everybody is bound to experience these sort of situations one day or another, the more you manage to keep your frustration under control, the easier it gets.

Native WBMM has been using the captain pick system for a while and it's vastly superior to the terrible MMR-based mixture you would get before that.
[close]

If only it was something exceptional I wouldn't suggest changing the system, the captains don't change much and often make the same mistakes taking the wrong players etc...

The MMR mixture was a much better experience for me, even if the more I was getting higher rank the more I was falling with lower ranked players I still had the possibility to make a group with someone and try to play as well as possible.

But now that's just impossible, the only thing you have to hold on to is praying your captain knows well the players.

« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 08:14:51 pm by Zeyden 狼 »

Offline Rikkert

• Brigadier General
  • Zout!
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2020, 08:10:55 pm »
You're taking this way too seriously

Radulf

« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2020, 08:13:17 pm »
Well any matchmaking system would have some form of randomization. There's always an aspect of "luck" of getting the right team. It's part of the fun.  And even if you get a shit team you can try to make the best of it.
If you want premades, then that isn't matchmaking anymore, that's just your gf team doing practice matches against a group of randoms.
It's way too random, I'm not suggesting to take away the luck side, but at least let's put a limit of MMR in each team so that we don't play against a team of very strong players when our team just learned how to block yesterday.

Radulf

« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2020, 08:13:53 pm »
You're taking this way too seriously
I'm making a suggestion, nothing more

Offline DayBoul

• Major
  • question mark
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [15th_YR] DayBoul
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2020, 08:40:50 pm »
as long as you dont get either rikkert or poles in your team its gucci

also please do something about the lag if possible :)
lying requires that one first knows the truth, bullshitting calls for no such precondition - X Æ A-12

Offline maskmanmarks

• Major General
  • Colonel of the 45th Nottinghamshire Regiment
    • View Profile
  • Nick: 45thN_Col_Maskman_Peritz
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2020, 09:25:48 pm »
When i try to pair up with a comrade i cant because apparently i am offline on the website. My connection status on the website is permanently on 'connecting to server' thus I cant actually pair up/ play in matches and i also cant join any queue. My internet is working perfectly fine, do you guys know how to resolve this

Anyone know how to fix?
So let’s just ignore someone like Maskman who knows next to nothing about leading and the capabilities of regiments performing well in a linebattle type of event.
To state that anyone on a “good day could beat the 77y/15thYR” is just a meme of its own, if that was the case why don't you beat the 77y or 15thYR then!?

Offline Golden.

• What in Gods name?
  • Major General
  • 🤠
    • View Profile
  • Nick: [G]
  • Side: Confederacy
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2020, 09:36:44 pm »

Anyone know how to fix?
try a different browser